Spike

11 hours ago, cosmicway said:

It's extraordinary how the football community have solved the worldwide problem of immigration that no one else can solve.
The teams take foreign players on the basis of professional achievement.
They sign those players who can do the job for them, (or at least they are trying).
Then the fans are happy with the players.
There used to be some terrace chanting but it's gone. From my Greek team some were chanting against the Piraeus black player Batista in the 90s. The fellow came over to us, beat Dynamo Moscow, Torino and others. One must be crazy to say anything against him again, or for that matter against black players of other teams.
So the football community have solved the problem, without excesses of any kind but the politicians don't even want to look.

Sadly, this doesn't apply to everywhere. In a lot of Eastern European countries, black players (and supporters) are still treated like shit. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

TWO TIDBITS OF NEWS

One: Police officer murder on the Champs Elysee in France days before election.

Two: Antifa have been caught selling concealable knives with about a 9cm blade. 

That knife is freakin cool

19 minutes ago, Spike said:

I thought it was pathetic.

The sentiment is absolutely pathetic. But I think the knife itself (minus the antifa crap on it) is pretty cool. I like knives (from my camping days and time in the kitchen. I don't cut anyone).

On 4/15/2017 at 0:37 PM, Spike said:

Hmmm, do I trust a publication about Assad by the 'times of Israel'?

Syria still has chemical weapons says U.S. defense secretary

12 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Sadly, this doesn't apply to everywhere. In a lot of Eastern European countries, black players (and supporters) are still treated like shit. 

Dpn't knock it.
There are some idiots -Paris train for example- but I really think the football community have found the solution to everyone's satisfaction.
In England the first black player was someone belonging to West Ham as I recall. In a foggy morning they beat us 4-2 at the bridge -despite us going 2-0 ahead early- and he scored one for them (Ossie's relations with the club became bad after that and he moved to Southampton). But there was no chanting against the black player or anything like that.
In Greece it was a midfielder called Inluga in 1985 and the hooligans were chanting against him. But then things changed. I mean if Batista -the Gullit of the poor as he was called- sends your team to the cup winners cup semis, you get the message and you drop the idiotic notions of the past.

31 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Dpn't knock it.
There are some idiots -Paris train for example- but I really think the football community have found the solution to everyone's satisfaction.
In England the first black player was someone belonging to West Ham as I recall. In a foggy morning they beat us 4-2 at the bridge -despite us going 2-0 ahead early- and he scored one for them (Ossie's relations with the club became bad after that and he moved to Southampton). But there was no chanting against the black player or anything like that.
In Greece it was a midfielder called Inluga in 1985 and the hooligans were chanting against him. But then things changed. I mean if Batista -the Gullit of the poor as he was called- sends your team to the cup winners cup semis, you get the message and you drop the idiotic notions of the past.

kmk108 is right, we still have a long way to go.

It is still common in Russia, Baltic states and Eastern Europe for black and ethnic players along with fans to be attacked, heckled and parodied as monkeys.

28 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

kmk108 is right, we still have a long way to go.

It is still common in Russia, Baltic states and Eastern Europe for black and ethnic players along with fans to be attacked, heckled and parodied as monkeys.

I 've seen it.
But are some of their teams all-white then ?

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Nope. If you mean Latvia and Lithuania then maybe, I don't know, but leave Estonia out of it. Footballing community is very very small here, public racists would get their fair treatment in no time by other fans.

47 minutes ago, manpe said:

Nope. If you mean Latvia and Lithuania then maybe, I don't know, but leave Estonia out of it. Footballing community is very very small here, public racists would get their fair treatment in no time by other fans.

Yeah Estonia is definitely the most progressive - however in Riga a mate got loads of grief -''go back home'' etc. That said, you get arseholes everywhere

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Would it really matter though? Why would someone go to the trouble of defending sub-Saharans when the country is nearly 100% white?

17 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yeah Estonia is definitely the most progressive - however in Riga a mate got loads of grief -''go back home'' etc. That said, you get arseholes everywhere

Yeah assholes are everywhere. I was also talking about football specifically, behaviour like this wouldn't be tolerated in this day. And because there are so few actual match-going spectators, offenders would be easily identified and banned. Generally speaking I can't deny that a lot of people are "racist" here, and by that I don't mean extreme violent loud racists, but mostly quiet prejudiced stereotyping racists. We are shy and keep everything to ourselves, so there is no massive persecution of black people like in Russia or whatever, only the odd dickhead here and there. This type of racism is more prevalent among the Soviet generation for obvious reasons, independence time Euro generation is now growing up and mentalities are shifting. However, this recent immigration floodgate and terrorist actions across the globe aren't helping, people are naturally more scared and hateful towards different kind and not just here, but everywhere. Bottom line is that Estonian racism cannot be compared to what you mean when you refer to Eastern Europe or Russia, totally different attitudes and people.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

Would it really matter though? Why would someone go to the trouble of defending sub-Saharans when the country is nearly 100% white?

I don't understand your question, sorry.

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah assholes are everywhere. I was also talking about football specifically, behaviour like this wouldn't be tolerated in this day. And because there are so few actual match-going spectators, offenders would be easily identified and banned. Generally speaking I can't deny that a lot of people are "racist" here, and by that I don't mean extreme violent loud racists, but mostly quiet prejudiced stereotyping racists. We are shy and keep everything to ourselves, so there is no massive persecution of black people like in Russia or whatever, only the odd dickhead here and there. This type of racism is more prevalent among the Soviet generation for obvious reasons, independence time Euro generation is now growing up and mentalities are shifting. However, this recent immigration floodgate and terrorist actions across the globe aren't helping, people are naturally more scared and hateful towards different kind and not just here, but everywhere. Bottom line is that Estonian racism cannot be compared to what you mean when you refer to Eastern Europe or Russia, totally different attitudes and people.

Know what you mean, and the terrorism has heightened peoples fear of ''the other'' everywhere. With football attendance, and I am talking about everywhere, all the inhibitions are dispelled with group mentality and alcohol -so you get homophobic, racist, obscene chants etc - guaranteed there will be some at Wemberlee tomorrow ! To me the authorities go over the top in trying to police this. Like you say , if some arseholes do that in an Estonian crowd, the rest of the crowd normally step in. The same here. The only danger is when you get organised fascists infiltrating football crowds to incite - we had a lot of that in the 80s