Spike

37 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

That subreddit is huge now. I remember when it was a speck compared to asianmasculinity or Aznidentity, but now it has surpassed them both. Those guys have it hard. Couldnt imagine having an Asian girl tell me she doesnt date Asian guys, and being half white and seeing the dynamic at home.  Some real pain on display in that sub.

Asian girls don't have to date anyone, just like any other race and gender. You don't get privilege of dating someone because you share race. Being half-white doesn't make a difference because the outward appearance is of an Asian; just because someone doesn't find you attractive isn't cause for openly hating race-mixing couples. Shit, I've been told by white women they don't particularly like white guys, they are allowed to. 

Just a bunch of racists that feel entitled to dating someone because of their ethnicity.

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Asian girls don't have to date anyone, just like any other race and gender. You don't get privilege of dating someone because you share race. Being half-white doesn't make a difference because the outward appearance is of an Asian; just because someone doesn't find you attractive isn't cause for openly hating race-mixing couples. Shit, I've been told by white women they don't particularly like white guys, they are allowed to. 

Just a bunch of racists that feel entitled to dating someone because of their ethnicity.

I'm currently in South Korea and have been told by some locals that Korean women dating anybody who isn't Asian is reportedly frowned upon by older members of the community/family members (which is a load of bullshit I feel) and that some Asian men won't go near them if they have been with anybody who isn't Asian (again I reckon that is bullshit and maybe a little bit of confusion in the language barrier we are having to try and overcome with some of the Koreans but anyway how would you know for sure?). If thats what they reckon then its totally different to anything I've ever seen and one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.

Anyway on to the politics, there is an intense feeling here regarding the North and USA and missiles, some of the guys here I work with are from the States and they very much support Trump but I'm not so sure that going toe to toe with North Korea is a good idea for anybody. But again they shouldn't be able to have the potential to strong arm countries with the possibility that they will fire missiles and nobody wont retaliate. I think if they decide to go toe for toe then its gonna escalate like fuck. 

An interesting quote from Albert Einstein "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

10 hours ago, Spike said:

I agree, but their issue isnt that its that they want to control asian women, its the fact that these guys are just as white as they are Asian, but society doesnt view them as such. Most guys on that subreddit speak horribly about Asian women, and want to date white women. The main point is that Asian women(100%) pull it on them since in America nobody makes a distinction between Half Asian men and full Asian men. If a woman doesnt want anything to do with Asian men a guy that is half Asian stands no chance as much as a full Asian. The guy who started that subreddit actually mentions how he never saw a guy, that looked like him, with a woman as he grew up and how it made him think he was unworthy of dating and other things. Its a sad thing for people like him. Thats why for sons its very important to have a father figure or representation in the media of cool guys who look like you because it can create a positive self-image in a society which looks to tear you down. Thats also a big argument behind why there needs to be better Asian representation in the media. Especially Asian males.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

I'm currently in South Korea and have been told by some locals that Korean women dating anybody who isn't Asian is reportedly frowned upon by older members of the community/family members (which is a load of bullshit I feel) and that some Asian men won't go near them if they have been with anybody who isn't Asian (again I reckon that is bullshit and maybe a little bit of confusion in the language barrier we are having to try and overcome with some of the Koreans but anyway how would you know for sure?). If thats what they reckon then its totally different to anything I've ever seen and one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard.

Anyway on to the politics, there is an intense feeling here regarding the North and USA and missiles, some of the guys here I work with are from the States and they very much support Trump but I'm not so sure that going toe to toe with North Korea is a good idea for anybody. But again they shouldn't be able to have the potential to strong arm countries with the possibility that they will fire missiles and nobody wont retaliate. I think if they decide to go toe for toe then its gonna escalate like fuck. 

An interesting quote from Albert Einstein "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

I always thought Koreans were more open to outsiders based on their station in the world, but that does sound like parts of Japan. I know a father is supposed to tell you if you have true intentions if she's been "running around" with westerners. When I met my girlfriends dad he looked at me and exhaled and yelled at me that he was so scared and that he thought I was American. When I confirmed that I was indeed an American he brushed it off as being a formality. When I jokingly asked if his daughter always brought Americans around him, he grew serious, and said he would "Never allow your honor to be shamed like that", meaning as a man he would have to tell me, if he deemed me honorable, if she had been with American men before me. I wouldnt care, but growing up in the west you can usually tell with a Japanese girl. I don't know with Chinese or Korean, but Japanese women usually have behavior patterns from our families that usually hint of where a girl goes exclusively. Although that is not 100%. I've had guys say they got those vibes from my Aunt, and even if her older brother didnt regulate these things I don't think she would ever date someone who wasn't Japanese, or has ever dated someone who isnt Japanese.

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Snap election announced.

Nothing to do with 19 police forces announcing they are investigating 29 Tory MPs about Election expenses fraud on the same day, just a coincidence

Your prime minister has the power to call an election whenever they want? And people think that is democratic?! :lol:

37 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

How much does it take to pass? Two thirds or just a simple majority? 

2/3rds majority carries it, and basically most are up for it as they don't want to seem not up for a fight   -however the SNP have said they'll abstain, as they don't want to give the tories a mandate for anything

16 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

2/3rds majority carries it, and basically most are up for it as they don't want to seem not up for a fight   -however the SNP have said they'll abstain, as they don't want to give the tories a mandate for anything

I see. That's much better than the PM having the authority to just call it whenever they want.

By why in the world would Labour agree? They're going to get slaughtered! Corbyn has been sooo disappointing as the leader. Absolutely spineless. 

29 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I see. That's much better than the PM having the authority to just call it whenever they want.

By why in the world would Labour agree? They're going to get slaughtered! Corbyn has been sooo disappointing as the leader. Absolutely spineless. 

Election has been sanctioned 522 votes to 13. Well that's politics nowadays, all style and soundbites-no discussion of ideologies.

Those tory MPs under police investigation are not technically sitting MPs in the run up to the election, so it's a clever call by May. If they were prosecuted, (the cops have been dragging their feet over this for a year), we are talking about potentially 29 by elections, which would shred their majority. The resulting election then would have been fought on the back foot by the tories, on one of fraud and corruption.

Lab is on it's way out, to be replaced by the Libs.
Even if they get rid of Jeremy they are too weak to ever pose a threat to the Tories.
The Jeremy character, an eccentric leftist, is of course a certain loser, beyond any rational description.
What happened yesterday is that before the "movement of populations" takes place he talked it over with Theresa and they agreed.
As he is a Brexit collaborator it serves them both.

There is going to be a lot of tactical voting and in some marginals you may even see the Tories voting Labour !
The liberals and of the serious labour voters should put their act together and their objective is to take the teeth out of the Brexit monster, rather than kill it on the 8th of June.

About Europe it's "the Tories gaveth and the Tories taketh away" really. What can we do ? The Brexit monster is nominally stronger by 18% now than it was same time last year. After the referendum the Tories were messaging each other with words like "it's over now boys, now we all stand for Theresa May".

About Theresa's "negotiations" with Europe you can take failure for granted of course.
What this will signify remains to be seen, but she has n't got a chance.
She is always under the delusion however that the Europeans are like African tribes with spears and the redcoats will scare them.

On 4/18/2017 at 10:08 AM, The Skipper said:

Would love to hear your takes on the phenomenon that is Donald J. Trump. What do you guys think his overarching goal as President is? 

I think he wants to put together an administration that he trusts enough so that he doesn't have to do much work. I don't think he realized all that there is to the job of being president.

It seems like he's completely out of his depth and can't get out of his campaign mode. Any time something negative happens to him, he starts pointing fingers at the "fake media" and "well, look how bad Hillary is!". A lot of vague proclamations, but very little substance.

He wants to repeal the Affordable Care Act, but the Republicans are realizing how hard it is to craft a "good" healthcare/health insurance policy. I think this is his number one priority domestically. He talks about getting jobs back, but there are so few jobs available for low-wage industries, it's just not going to happen on a large scale. It's a way to get those people on his side, and IMO, nothing else. The only way to provide low-wage jobs to Americans is if he were to overhaul our infrastructure, which is definitely needed.

Internationally, I have no clue. My guess would be to repair the relationship with Israel after the thing when Obama left office and take a harder stance against unstable Middle Eastern countries (no aid, less leniency, etc.). He ran on a "America first" platform and nothing he's done so far has been contradictory to that, so I don't see many concessions to foreign countries.

The craziness has died down some in the last couple months, but it's still hard to judge exactly what's going to happen.

It's extraordinary how the football community have solved the worldwide problem of immigration that no one else can solve.
The teams take foreign players on the basis of professional achievement.
They sign those players who can do the job for them, (or at least they are trying).
Then the fans are happy with the players.
There used to be some terrace chanting but it's gone. From my Greek team some were chanting against the Piraeus black player Batista in the 90s. The fellow came over to us, beat Dynamo Moscow, Torino and others. One must be crazy to say anything against him again, or for that matter against black players of other teams.
So the football community have solved the problem, without excesses of any kind but the politicians don't even want to look.