Spike

2 hours ago, LAB said:

She is biased towards Syriza. One can hardly describe them as left-ish these days, not to mention communists.

So we have national TV made up of Syriza groupies.
They describe themselves as whatever, depending who they talk to.
To America they sent "warchief" Panos, to empty the buffet in the inauguration.

13 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

So we have national TV made up of Syriza groupies.
They describe themselves as whatever, depending who they talk to.
To America they sent "warchief" Panos, to empty the buffet in the inauguration.

Suits the occasion i guess. America is full of clowns, we sent them one of our own.

Well I remember people bashing trump for the antisemitism bomb threats, but recently the culprits came out and had nothing to do with Trump. 

Of course the media will never apologize. 

This is why to me the media is so biased today. 

They are either extreme leftist, or extreme rightist......

On 3/23/2017 at 7:02 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

The most worrying thing is this geezer was a 52 year old with a family not a young kid with ' Issues'. If someone of his age can be radicalised it shows there's a massive problem that will be almost impossible to eradicate.

Lately it's being a lot of homegrown radicalized. 

And lately it's been because of Islamic radicalized. 

I do wonder, why don't they go and keep tabs on all those churches and religious leader he was with? Surely if he was radicalized you need to keep an eye on it's leader? Monitor their mosque and all that stuff? 

And if he left the country to go to the middle east, see what kind of pattern you can get from that.

34 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Monitor their mosque and all that stuff? 

Couldn't agree more. The Iman's have a responsibility to tell the police but I don't think they do. I walked passed my local mosque and there was a list of people who are barred it's just bizarre.

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Videos like that is why nobody is making money on youtube anymore. The ads are pulled and won't come back until google starts to police this. 

It's up to advertisers to not want to display for videos but I don't like Google policing political and religious views. 

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

It's up to advertisers to not want to display for videos but I don't like Google policing political and religious views. 

They would be policing views they are hosting on their site, which is what every moderated site does.

Even then though what youtube has turned into, at least on the cultural front, is an absolute disgrace. It used to be a place where you could go hear actual important ideas or beliefs which were based in fact or things that are measurable. There used to be a strong rational community, but its been coopted by people trying to make easy money by going after low hanging fruit. Minority hatred? SJW hate? Fake news from a christian preacher talking about wikileaks? Even worse is you can barely watch anything on there without having your recommendations flooded by this stuff. You watch one video game video, and you are getting rid of JonTron and other drama videos for weeks afterwards. It has made spreading propaganda insanely more easier. People don't even have to read lies anymore, they will have a nice talking face feeding it directly in their brain for free. Youtube really cant go on like this....its already a money pit for google.

The only thing I find myself watching on there now is old Japanese music from the 70's. Its really the only thing you can do without having your suggestions flooded with fake news or hatred.

19 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

They would be policing views they are hosting on their site, which is what every moderated site does.

Even then though what youtube has turned into, at least on the cultural front, is an absolute disgrace. It used to be a place where you could go hear actual important ideas or beliefs which were based in fact or things that are measurable. There used to be a strong rational community, but its been coopted by people trying to make easy money by going after low hanging fruit. Minority hatred? SJW hate? Fake news from a christian preacher talking about wikileaks? Even worse is you can barely watch anything on there without having your recommendations flooded by this stuff. You watch one video game video, and you are getting rid of JonTron and other drama videos for weeks afterwards. It has made spreading propaganda insanely more easier. People don't even have to read lies anymore, they will have a nice talking face feeding it directly in their brain for free. Youtube really cant go on like this....its already a money pit for google.

The only thing I find myself watching on there now is old Japanese music from the 70's. Its really the only thing you can do without having your suggestions flooded with fake news or hatred.

Yeah they're well within their rights to do so.

I'm just personally always in favor of letting speech/art/whatever be allowed, regardless of content. Hate speech is more objectionable, but in terms of YouTube, you can just not watch the video. If someone is going to be dangerously influenced by a YouTube video, they will find other ways to get that influence. There will always be an outlet. 

'I regret coming back': White Muslim convert who went to fight for ISIS and named his son after Osama bin Laden is now back in Belgium - but still dreams of a worldwide Islamic caliphate 

•  

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4370132/White-Muslim-convert-fought-ISIS-Belgium.html#ixzz4dFR11dQM 

All these terrorist attack continue to come from Islam the religion of "Peace". Not just from the middle east but now home grown converts. 

12 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Yeah they're well within their rights to do so.

I'm just personally always in favor of letting speech/art/whatever be allowed, regardless of content. Hate speech is more objectionable, but in terms of YouTube, you can just not watch the video. If someone is going to be dangerously influenced by a YouTube video, they will find other ways to get that influence. There will always be an outlet. 

The problem arises when people are tricked by the legitimacy a major site like google gives though.

Of course people will know they are dealing with crazies if they go to a conspiracy theory forum, but the wikileaks preacher is right next to the true news on youtube. It gives them legitimacy they don't deserve.

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

The problem arises when people are tricked by the legitimacy a major site like google gives though.

Of course people will know they are dealing with crazies if they go to a conspiracy theory forum, but the wikileaks preacher is right next to the true news on youtube. It gives them legitimacy they don't deserve.

An increase in accessibility requires an increase in the responsibility to verify credibility. Just because it's on YouTube doesn't mean it's correct just like just because it's on CNN doesn't mean it's correct. There's a reason schools don't accept Wikipedia as a source for information. There's a reason research needs to be verified. IMO, the problem isn't solely the people peddling false news and conspiracy. It's also the people who just want to digest what they agree with and don't bother to do any real research on their own. Part of the reason for that is we're bombarded with too much information throughout our daily lives. But taking a YouTube video as gospel is flawed at best. 

53 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

An increase in accessibility requires an increase in the responsibility to verify credibility. Just because it's on YouTube doesn't mean it's correct just like just because it's on CNN doesn't mean it's correct. There's a reason schools don't accept Wikipedia as a source for information. There's a reason research needs to be verified. IMO, the problem isn't solely the people peddling false news and conspiracy. It's also the people who just want to digest what they agree with and don't bother to do any real research on their own. Part of the reason for that is we're bombarded with too much information throughout our daily lives. But taking a YouTube video as gospel is flawed at best. 

Until recently there was no one to hold youtubers accountable though. If a journalist screwed up big, their career was in jeopardy. A youtube could make mistakes, and no one would care because fans would follow their heroes to the ends of the earth. Thats why News outlets have dozens, if not hundreds, of fact checkers on the payroll. They are there to make sure what they put out is correct because the average person doesnt have the time to fact check everything they read.

If the WSJ tells me the markets closed at a certain price, I can accept that because I don't have the time to fact check them at every second. Same thing applies if they release a report talking about the low hanging jew jokes pewdiepie puts in his monetized videos. They have built credibility that the average big youtube doesnt have.

The time is coming quicker than I thought that we will all be microchipped.

It starts ouit like this. Then goes to banking details, DNA,blood. Then babies will be chipped fike pet dogs so we can be traced wherever we are. But of course its for our own good and if we dont have anything to hide why should we not want it!

Cyborgs at work: employees getting implanted with microchips

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4fdcd5970f4f4871961b69eeff5a6585/cyborgs-work-employees-getting-implanted-microchips

8 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Until recently there was no one to hold youtubers accountable though. If a journalist screwed up big, their career was in jeopardy. A youtube could make mistakes, and no one would care because fans would follow their heroes to the ends of the earth. Thats why News outlets have dozens, if not hundreds, of fact checkers on the payroll. They are there to make sure what they put out is correct because the average person doesnt have the time to fact check everything they read.

If the WSJ tells me the markets closed at a certain price, I can accept that because I don't have the time to fact check them at every second. Same thing applies if they release a report talking about the low hanging jew jokes pewdiepie puts in his monetized videos. They have built credibility that the average big youtube doesnt have.

Except for they're not always right and sometimes it's blatant.

Pewdiepie is the perfect example. The WSJ pretty much ran a hit on him by misreprenting the videos he posted in order to make him look like an anti-Semite.