Spike

The sad part is that Erdogan has a large number of followers...outside of Turkey as well.

Every Turk I know here in Holland supports him. I have on friend (anarchistic, Besiktas supporter) who hates him because he says he's nothing more than a dictator destroying Ataturk's legacy.

And I agree with him. Erdogan is a dangerous man and I seriously fear the day of him snapping his fingers and all Turks in other countries going berserk. Look what happened in Rotterdam. Werther it was or wasn't justified by the Dutch parlement, it was scary to see all those Turks singing his name. Even a Turk from my city and his family traveled all the way to Rotterdam to join the protest.

Sickening and shocking. This guy is worse than Trump. Telling Turks outside of Turkey to not get 3 children but 5 to increase his and Turkey's influence. This man is insane. 

Most of his voters say economy is their biggest concern in elections and for several reasons their per capita GDP increased in the last ten years. Most of their exports go to EU, put sanctions, lower their GDP significantly and see how many supporters he will have.

Last year Russians tourists stopped going there, Erdogan had to swallow his words and beg for Putin's mercy.

I dislike Erdogan and I don't mean the way he treated the military officers responsible for the coup d' etat.
That was a little savage but perhaps to be expected under the circumstances.
I mean the Cyprus talks.
For the first time in 60 years some understanding was reached, but immediately he started hurling insults against Greeks and Cypriots, so the talks collapse. It proves that he wants to keep the Cyprus vendetta alive, even if the proposed solution was one favourable to him.

But I don't get why they did not let his minister speak in Holland.
It was n't threatening public order - let him say what he likes about the Turkish referendum.
The Dutch law does not give the right to foreign lobbies to stage mass rallies, but does not prohibit it either. Why interfere ?
The Dutch did it because it was Turks-asiatics involved and not for legitimate reasons of public order.

British police have done a great job at tackling terrorism, but it's not always enough. European cities are going to be absolute carnarge in the coming decades, any sensible people will be working towards a more simple life in a rural area.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

As we've seen in Nice, Berlin, London and other places, nothing can legislate against a maniac driving a vehicle into crowds of people

Not until scientists discover magic and create a scenario a la Minority Report. Open your eyes, sheeple.

Religion, booze, weapons,...dont kill. Peoples attitude to these things is what kills.

Unless you are introverted psycho, its the outter world that shapes your attitude. 

The actions we see these days are only consecuences that show how perverted, idiotic, corrupted and bad the world is. 

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Religion, booze, weapons,...dont kill. Peoples attitude to these things is what kills.

Unless you are introverted psycho, its the outter world that shapes your attitude. 

The actions we see these days are only consecuences that show how perverted, idiotic, corrupted and bad the world is. 

The problem is that the past few years, a lot of these attacks were done by people doing it in name of their religion or motivated by it. 

I heard about the London attack yesterday evening.
The Greek national tv network ERT which is communist controlled made the news bulletin into a tirade about racism in post Brexit Britain, rather than talk about the events.
It's a propaganda trick I was expecting but it's making me feel sick.
First because racism exists, second because it becomes a communist propaganda weapon.
From the cold war years that we remember, the democratic peoples of Europe knew about racism but they liked to downplay it while  the communists were doing the exact opposite.
The communists go half the distance to the jubilant crowds of the West Bank on 9-11.

5 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

The problem is that the past few years, a lot of these attacks were done by people doing it in name of their religion or motivated by it. 

State terrorism is still more destructive than religious terrorism...by many folds! 

11 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I heard about the London attack yesterday evening.
The Greek national tv network ERT which is communist controlled made the news bulletin into a tirade about racism in post Brexit Britain, rather than talk about the events.
It's a propaganda trick I was expecting but it's making me feel sick.
First because racism exists, second because it becomes a communist propaganda weapon.
From the cold war years that we remember, the democratic peoples of Europe knew about racism but they liked to downplay it while  the communists were doing the exact opposite.
The communists go half the distance to the jubilant crowds of the West Bank on 9-11.

That's absolutely mad. 

13 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I could be wrong but I believe religion is just the means to the end. You take someone that is searching for answers and give them an answer, they're going to act out if they're convinced well enough and are mentally unstable enough. 

18 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I could be wrong but I believe religion is just the means to the end. You take someone that is searching for answers and give them an answer, they're going to act out if they're convinced well enough and are mentally unstable enough. 

The most worrying thing is this geezer was a 52 year old with a family not a young kid with ' Issues'. If someone of his age can be radicalised it shows there's a massive problem that will be almost impossible to eradicate.