Spike

11 hours ago, Fernando said:

That's a possibility but I doubt he will do it, we shall see. 

But now how things stand I can say that I'm confident this will go to convention and at convention Ted Cruz will get the nomination. 

Ted Cruz to be the Republican nominee for me (which I wanted because he is Christian...now doesn't mean he might be a true Christian as there's many phony out there but still I would vote for him as it can't be any worse then Bush and Obama...). 

Now weather Ted can beat Hillary at the general elections is a whole another thing. That would be much harder but we shall see. 

At a brokered convention it would go to Rubio.  Cruze and Trump would get locked out.  The establishment would rather throw the election to Hildog than support either of them.  I say that as a Cruze supporter that donates regularly to his campaign.

16 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

I like balance, Democrats have ruled for 8 years now Republicans should rule. Also I don't like Clinton at all. I would be ok with Sanders, but I'll rather have any Republican including Drumpf over Hilary. 

Remember the previous eight years a republican ruled?

I'd love to see Sanders get the presidency, he's the only decent person in the whole pack, but I'm afraid that's very much not going to happen. 

7 hours ago, twobanger said:

At a brokered convention it would go to Rubio.  Cruze and Drumpf would get locked out.  The establishment would rather throw the election to Hildog than support either of them.  I say that as a Cruze supporter that donates regularly to his campaign.

Could you tell me why you would support someone like Cruz? I'm not attacking you, I would just like to know... :)

On 3/5/2016 at 9:20 PM, CHOULO19 said:

Why, though? Why is that even a question for governments that have absolutely nothing with the country of the uprising? 

Because I believe people in need should be helped. Ideally, we should have an actual UN Peacekeeper army with a good mandate to stand in between warring parties, specifically to prevent these kind of civil wars from escalating. I'm very aware that interference from national armies like the US are not beneficiary. But hey, I can dream. ;-)

1 minute ago, johnnythefirst said:

Because I believe people in need should be helped. Ideally, we should have an actual UN Peacekeeper army with a good mandate to stand in between warring parties, specifically to prevent these kind of civil wars from escalating. I'm very aware that interference from national armies like the US are not beneficiary. But hey, I can dream. ;-)

That's very admirable, but you have to ask yourself why that very same question is not being asked about Bahrain where the ruling US allied dictator ship has been brutally crushing the revolution for 5 years now with the help of the Saudi Army. Why is it not being asked about the Turkish dictatorship (a member of NATO) who are destroying entire Kurdish villages and killing civilians? These images are not from Syria. They are from Sur and Cizre in Turkey:

n_95161_1.jpg

2835.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&

And the examples are endless...

So when the sympathy is 'selective' it becomes more than likely that your humanitarian feelings are being used by your government to achieve its political agendas. 

Btw, for me, the feeling of individuals anywhere in the world wanting to help those being oppressed anywhere is completely different from governments wanting to intervene. As an individual you have every right to fight any struggle you find worthy anywhere on earth. After all, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. 

1 hour ago, johnnythefirst said:

Remember the previous eight years a republican ruled?

I'd love to see Sanders get the presidency, he's the only decent person in the whole pack, but I'm afraid that's very much not going to happen. 

I'm in support of Sanders too, but I heard that Clinton has so many super delegates by her side already if things get tight. So Sanders has no chance. 

20 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

I don't think Ted would fare well against Hillary either.

As a christian what do you make of Trump's faith? Do you think that he is a legitimate follower of the christian faith?

No, he just pretending. 

But that being said with Trump we know what we are getting. So it wouldn't be much of a surprise to any one of us. 

19 hours ago, iseah100 said:

Ted Cruz is quite possibly the worst candidate possible. He's a fascist sociopath and his peers support him!

He is the reason the government shut down in 2013 after Obamacare and cost the USA $23 billion and advocated another shutdown after the funding of Planned Parenthood.

What the fuck is this? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/30/ted-cruz-cites-reports-that-planned-parenthood-shooter-could-be-transgendered-leftist-activist-what/

This after he said Christians don't commit acts of violence. Robert Lewis Dear, a Christian, killed three people at a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs that same week.

He gets donations from people who think someone should be MURDERED for providing a woman with the option of abortion. And pretty much agreed with him. He said most violent criminals are democrats. Cruz is a nut. Do some research.

Religion and government don't mix. Cruz is the worst candidate, rather Trump or Clinton than him. And that's saying a lot.

Fair point. 

This is why I said I vote for him because he is a "supposed" Christian but I don't know much about him. 

See with Trump we all know what he's all about so we know what to expect. 

10 hours ago, twobanger said:

At a brokered convention it would go to Rubio.  Cruze and Trump would get locked out.  The establishment would rather throw the election to Hildog than support either of them.  I say that as a Cruze supporter that donates regularly to his campaign.

Yeah that would make sense, Rubio is the chosen one. 

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

That's very admirable, but you have to ask yourself why that very same question is not being asked about Bahrain where the ruling US allied dictator ship has been brutally crushing the revolution for 5 years now with the help of the Saudi Army. Why is it not being asked about the Turkish dictatorship (a member of NATO) who are destroying entire Kurdish villages and killing civilians? These images are not from Syria. They are from Sur and Cizre in Turkey:

n_95161_1.jpg

And the examples are endless...

So when the sympathy is 'selective' it becomes more than likely that your humanitarian feelings are being used by your government to achieve its political agendas. 

Btw, for me, the feeling of individuals anywhere in the world wanting to help those being oppressed anywhere is completely different from governments wanting to intervene. As an individual you have every right to fight any struggle you find worthy anywhere on earth. After all, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. 

You are completely right in all of those cases. The Saudi alliance with almost every major power in the world is absolutely disgusting (they're bombing Jordan in our name as well these days), and it's about damn time someone told Erdogan to go fuck himself. He's actually helping ISIS by demolishing the Kurds (the only guys who have been fighting them since the start). An independent peacekeeper army under UN rule (and no more UN security council veto rights) would be the best idea ever, but it will not happen in our lifespan. 

16 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I would like to add though, that I think I have heard/read most of what Drumpf has said and I believe that he actually means what he's saying as much as Hillary saying that she opposes the TTP or cares for the rights of minorities. 

Did you see the brilliant piece on Trump by John Oliver? It turns out the guy literally changed his mind completely on every major issue. The point with Trump is that no one has a clue what he actually believes or what he actually will do.
Hillary, who I don't like as well, will just continue Obama's policies if you ask me. And while Obama has his faults (and he should give back his Nobel Peace Price straight away), he did a lot of decent things as well, seeing what a mess he received from the previous administration and seeing how the republicans would rather see the country go bankrupt than having him succeed. 

-He tried to get a decent healthcare system running but failed because they made him water it down too much.

-Deficit is down

-Jobs are up

-Universal gay rights

-He posed some very good questions on the American gun culture

-He didn't START any new major wars. There were interventions, but there are no new massive clusterfuck invasions like Afghanistan and Iraq.

-Better relations with Cuba

-Better relations with Iran

-Essentially outsmarted Putin every chance he got (despite what all the Russian internet trolls on 9gag will say, Putin seriously fucked himself and his country).

-Better relations with the EU (it's true)

Essentially history will see him as a decent president, while Bush will obviously still be seen as a terrible one. Now imagine what clowns like Trump (does someone really want that guy as the main representative of his country, the guy is a cartoon character) or Cruz will do. 

On 3/5/2016 at 8:54 PM, kellzfresh said:

That means he needs 60% of the remaining delegates to win without the convention. Lol, it'll be comedy watching the party deny the will of the people. 

Whether Trump wins the nomination or not, he'll destroy the Republican party for years to come...

He doesn't stand a chance in a general election, but if he doesn't get the nomination to run, his massive ego will force him to go independent and 99% of the votes he'll get will come from Republicans.

I think Trump is the only one that can beat hillary in all honesty. 

Don't see Rubio or Cruz pulling it of. 

But of course he won't get the nomination if we go to convention. 

In head to head polls Cruz and Rubio are both better off than Hiliary.

Biden Criticizes Palestinians for Not Condemning Attack

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/israel-palestinians-carry-shootings-jerusalem-37510773

To me this is mind boggling if leaders celebrate this. They want a peace deal and want to get land, but look how they act? 

I know the peace deal will happen because it's prophecy in the bible in which it will allow the jews to build their temple...

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Biden Criticizes Palestinians for Not Condemning Attack

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/israel-palestinians-carry-shootings-jerusalem-37510773

To me this is mind boggling if leaders celebrate this. They want a peace deal and want to get land, but look how they act? 

I know the peace deal will happen because it's prophecy in the bible in which it will allow the jews to build their temple...

Coming from the vice president who refused to criticize Israel for murdering over 2000 civilians in 2014! :lol:

For the record, attacking civilians is despicable even inside occupied lands and helps no one.

Here in the real world, 'peace' is still a million miles away and getting further away everyday with Israel still occupying internationally recognized Palestinian lands and annexing and occupying more Palestinian land everyday.