Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Spike
 Share
Followers 5

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's a disgusting thing to say but I think they are more trying to state that an innocent child easily grows into a corrupted adult. 

maybe , but you cant draw cartoons of dead children,

there must be a law against it

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When a government wants to control its population, the best way to do so is to fear its people by creating an external enemy. This way, people feel endangered by an outside menace, become more patriot

He did not know that this gesture was anti-semitic because it is NOT anti-semitic. There's nothing to add — except that you people should start thinking by yourself instead of believing words coming f

In Australia (I imagine NZ is very similar) taxes pay for medicare, pension, welfare, infrastructure support (roads, bridges) student loans, disability support, residential aged care, university fundi

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, lucio said:

maybe , but you cant draw cartoons of dead children,

if that was a child in my family, chances are, there would be another massacre at hebdo hq

I disagree. They can draw images of whatever they wish. It may be bad taste and exploitative but they've chosen the path of free speech and they will take the repercussions that comes with it, rightful or not. On another note you've made a statement that seemingly makes light of the massacre of those cartoonists, just like you'd be upset if they drew an image of your dead child, wouldn't they [their families] be upset at you using the massacre like that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Spike said:

It's a disgusting thing to say but I think they are more trying to state that an innocent child easily grows into a corrupted adult. 

Why use the Syrian refugee? You can state that without using an image of a dead child. Not to mention hinting that the child would grow up to rape women.

 

Pretty obvious anti-refugee propaganda. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kieran. said:

Why use the Syrian refugee? You can state that without using an image of a dead child. 

 

Pretty obvious anti-refugee propaganda. 

 

I don't know. Because it is evocative? I really don't know the point they are making. It could be as I said in my earlier post or more likely as you said; anti-refugee propaganda.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A few points from my perspective regarding the above:

- Charlie Hebdo is disgustingly racist. They have always been.

- Freedom of speech for France and most of the participants in the "Je Suis" march is the freedom to insult and discriminate against vulnerable minorities.

-That freedom of speech does NOT include the right to criticize power or express non-mainstream opinion as was proven by the French government that has practically use the year since the attack to crush free speech in the country as have most of Europe.

- Defending someone's right to express an opinion does NOT equal endorsing that opinion.

- I will defend with my life if necessary the right for Charlie Hebdo to put out those racist cartoons and I will spend hours and days and months if necessary explaining to anyone who'd listen how their cartoons are disgusting and calling for everyone to boycott such racism. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The BBC saying Abramovich gave Putin a £30m yacht as a 'present'. Cant see why he's so likeable myself.

The scandal being, according to teh BBC the said super boat is being maintained (bearing in mind these things cost £2000 just to start the engine), by public Russian funds

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2016 at 4:39 PM, CHOULO19 said:

A few points from my perspective regarding the above:

- Charlie Hebdo is disgustingly racist. They have always been.

- Freedom of speech for France and most of the participants in the "Je Suis" march is the freedom to insult and discriminate against vulnerable minorities.

-That freedom of speech does NOT include the right to criticize power or express non-mainstream opinion as was proven by the French government that has practically use the year since the attack to crush free speech in the country as have most of Europe.

- Defending someone's right to express an opinion does NOT equal endorsing that opinion.

- I will defend with my life if necessary the right for Charlie Hebdo to put out those racist cartoons and I will spend hours and days and months if necessary explaining to anyone who'd listen how their cartoons are disgusting and calling for everyone to boycott such racism. 

Apart from that- these cartoons are supposed to be funny. 

Now, I know humour is subjective, but they seem to have lost the plot- how can a picture of a dead Syrian baby being drawn and then saying he would have grown up to be a sex pest get laughs ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Apart from that- these cartoons are supposed to be funny. 

Now, I know humour is subjective, but they seem to have lost the plot- how can a picture of a dead Syrian baby being drawn and then saying he would have grown up to be a sex pest get laughs ?

Dunno. There's nothing funny about a picture of Mohammed getting butt-fucked either. These cartoons are a just a way to express disgusting and racist views while hiding behind 'art' and 'comedy'. Because if you say "I'm happy that that baby drowned to death, he was going to grow up to be a sex offender any way" then everyone will rightly label you as an ignorant racist, but if you draw it satirically, then it's 'expression of free speech'. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, blues.bridge said:

i don't understand because we have 54 player between first team and on loan! And instead to sell (15-20 players who clearly never have possilbly to play here) and put the gain to top player and give chance at young, the board prefer put pato, pedro, cuadrado ...  I feel so sad!

Think you got the wrong thread, mate :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Dunno. There's nothing funny about a picture of Mohammed getting butt-fucked either. These cartoons are a just a way to express disgusting and racist views while hiding behind 'art' and 'comedy'. Because if you say "I'm happy that that baby drowned to death, he was going to grow up to be a sex offender any way" then everyone will rightly label you as an ignorant racist, but if you draw it satirically, then it's 'expression of free speech'. 

I am not sure a picture of Mohammed getting Butt Fucked is 'racist', or their stuff is racist per se, but it is insensitive to religious people. Some of the stuff they have done about French leaders is equally 'offensive' to the intended targets, and their relatives. It seems no one is off limits.

I just don't see the humour -then again when I was in France their 'humour' appeared either very childish, or too surreal to comprehend

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I am not sure a picture of Mohammed getting Butt Fucked is 'racist', or their stuff is racist per se, but it is insensitive to religious people. Some of the stuff they have done about French leaders is equally 'offensive' to the intended targets, and their relatives. It seems no one is off limits.

I just don't see the humour -then again when I was in France their 'humour' appeared either very childish, or too surreal to comprehend

No of course a drawing of Mohammed is not racist, but saying Eylan would become a rapist is. 

Wouldn't say 'no one' is off limits. Remember that in 2009 Hebdo fired an artist for making a drawing about Sarkozi's son marrying a rich Jewish heiress, saying he's converting to Judaism 'for financial reasons'. http://anonhq.com/charlie-hebdo-fired-anti-semitic-cartoonist-ridiculing-judaism-2009/

Most of their work seems aimed at the most vulnerable groups in society and largely it serves to legitimize extreme and offensive opinions about those groups. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

No of course a drawing of Mohammed is not racist, but saying Eylan would become a rapist is. 

Wouldn't say 'no one' is off limits. Remember that in 2009 Hebdo fired an artist for making a drawing about Sarkozi's son marrying a rich Jewish heiress, saying he's converting to Judaism 'for financial reasons'. http://anonhq.com/charlie-hebdo-fired-anti-semitic-cartoonist-ridiculing-judaism-2009/

Most of their work seems aimed at the most vulnerable groups in society and largely it serves to legitimize extreme and offensive opinions about those groups. 

I think the cartoon of the drowned toddler alluding to the fact he may become a sex pest/rapists like the ones in Germany is distasteful, but again, wouldn't call it racist or funny.  

The sacking of  the cartoonist for the Jewish cartoon shows the power of the anti-defamation league, and double standards, and who has the real power in societies. Like the Muslim leaders marching in defence of Je Suis Charlie free speech. The same leaders that chop off peoples heads if they say anything critical back in their own countries 

What gets me is the hypocrisy of the whole free speech thing, as Joe Strummer sung in ''Know Your Rights''. ''You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not actually dumb enough to try it''

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I think the cartoon of the drowned toddler alluding to the fact he may become a sex pest/rapists like the ones in Germany is distasteful, but again, wouldn't call it racist or funny.  

The sacking of  the cartoonist for the Jewish cartoon shows the power of the anti-defamation league, and double standards, and who has the real power in societies. Like the Muslim leaders marching in defence of Je Suis Charlie free speech. The same leaders that chop off peoples heads if they say anything critical back in their own countries 

What gets me is the hypocrisy of the whole free speech thing, as Joe Strummer sung in ''Know Your Rights''. ''You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not actually dumb enough to try it''

Dunno, to me, they're basically saying that all refugees are rapists, which if not racist is at least Trump-esque which is probably worse.

Certainly, if the past year especially in Europe proved anything yet again, is that you have the freedom of speech to support the mainstream narrative but express anything that opposes that...good luck! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Dunno, to me, they're basically saying that all refugees are rapists, which if not racist is at least Trump-esque which is probably worse.

Certainly, if the past year especially in Europe proved anything yet again, is that you have the freedom of speech to support the mainstream narrative but express anything that opposes that...good luck! 

Yup as with the Muslim comedian Dieudonne.

French TV humour tends to be along the lines of 'Monsignor PooPoo goes to the Lavatory' -the sort of thing you find funny when you're five.

On to Trump, that is scary. never thought old Bush baby would become President, more sense in an empty bean can, but its money that talks in the US. After the Primaries, wouldn't surprise me if Trump gets the nomination, becomes President , and Hello Armageddon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A little complaint but something that annoyed me. I hate those coffee mugs that say 'White Tears'. Maaaaaan, really? That is pretty racist, I wouldn't drink out of a cup that said 'Black Tears' or 'Yellow Tears', so why the hypocrisy? Why do people have be like this?

Nobody should be reveling in the collective sadness/frustration/crying of an entire race. Schadenfraude for you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...