Spike

Oh and by the way....

Last week 40 extreme-muslims were arrested in Kosovo, they are accused of being part of IS. I'm glad my country doesn't tolerate these terrorists.

If they've been found guilty than they will face prison from 40 years to lifetime depending on what they did.

Send these three in the second picture home here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729878/British-jihadist-taunts-U-S-government-Twitter-praising-execution-journalist-James-Foley-calls-grow-social-media-blackout-savvy-ISIS-militants.html

Hard as fucking nails behind guns and cameras aren't they? I wouldn't need a knife or gun to take their heads off, I'd do it with my bare fucking hands.

A serious question though, what is your government doing regarding the Muslim community in the UK? The majority of western fighters who joined those terrorists were from UK and Germany as far as I remember ( I read that on the newspapers a while back when it all started but I am not sure how accurate that is).

Well there is a rough estimate from the Home Office that between 1500-2000 have gone to fight in Syria, but that is probably a low estimate as many british asians would have gone via/from Pakistan, kashmir and other countries. Our UK border agency is pretty under funded and farcical at best, and have admitted that they will have little control on returning jihadists. And thst is the danger, that as theyre bombed and demoralised, they will split into small groups, twos and threes, potentially to wreak havoc in their originating States, France, Belgium, UK, Germany, Pakistan etc.

Well there is a rough estimate from the Home Office that between 1500-2000 have gone to fight in Syria, but that is probably a low estimate as many british asians would have gone via/from Pakistan, kashmir and other countries. Our UK border agency is pretty under funded and farcical at best, and have admitted that they will have little control on returning jihadists. And thst is the danger, that as theyre bombed and demoralised, they will split into small groups, twos and threes, potentially to wreak havoc in their originating States, France, Belgium, UK, Germany, Pakistan etc.

They will definitely be a problem and serious threat if they return. But monitoring their return shouldn't be the only problem. In my opinion, their must be a big investigation on how those people were radicalized. Find out the preachers they listen to and the ones that come to give speeches in the UK. If their leaders are in the UK they need to track them down. If they are foreigners and are somewhere else, then the government should cooperate with these countries in order to get them. I know an Egyptian preacher, who is on the the UK's black list. He fled out of Egypt and is in Qatar currently.

You can't afford to have these people going around and indoctrinating others. There must be A LOT more cooperation between countries, not just militarily or on the basis of intelligence, but intellectually too. Hopefully they will die before they return, but the source must still be tracked down.

They will definitely be a problem and serious threat if they return. But monitoring their return shouldn't be the only problem. In my opinion, their must be a big investigation on how those people were radicalized. Find out the preachers they listen to and the ones that come to give speeches in the UK. If their leaders are in the UK they need to track them down. If they are foreigners and are somewhere else, then the government should cooperate with these countries in order to get them. I know an Egyptian preacher, who is on the the UK's black list. He fled out of Egypt and is in Qatar currently.

You can't afford to have these people going around and indoctrinating others. There must be A LOT more cooperation between countries, not just militarily or on the basis of intelligence, but intellectually too. Hopefully they will die before they return, but the source must still be tracked down.

The radicalisation from rogue preachers and imams is quite well covered and accounted for now in the UK. By all accounts, most of the propaganda and radicalisation is now spread via facebook, twitter and the like. One of the facets of 'medieval' IS is their adeptness at all thing IT and use of social media. I am not sure how to counter that.

The phenomenum of british jihadists abroad, poses a bigger question at home ie What does it mean to be British ? This question has beed posed by several prime ministers and top politicians, but is never properly or definitively answered. This is a big part of the problem.

It is important that we don’t become disoriented by the spectacle of terror in this videoed beheading of an American journalist. A sadistic act of murder is just that. It does not represent an existential threat to civilised life. The threat represented by a small number of callous British jihadists is insignificant compared with the danger of losing the battle for hearts and minds at home

Hard to think of one corporate media station that isnt. Ch4 isnt too agenda driven in the uk, any in your country ?

There are channels that have certain influence from certain political parties (especially Tallinn TV and it's connection with the Central Party) but other than that pretty much an even playing field. Hard to compare Estonian media outlets with for example British giants, not an even scale. You're right though.

Nazism. Communism.

Maybe not bomb it away but bomb it into irrelevance...easy.

I agree it would be nice to battle it with knowledge but the illiteracy rates in some Middle East countries are frightening.

Both Nazism and Communism are prime examples of a cultural victory.

This is at the very heart of what I am saying:

The phenomenum of british jihadists abroad, poses a bigger question at home ie What does it mean to be British ? This question has beed posed by several prime ministers and top politicians, but is never properly or definitively answered. This is a big part of the problem.

It is important that we don’t become disoriented by the spectacle of terror in this videoed beheading of an American journalist. A sadistic act of murder is just that. It does not represent an existential threat to civilised life. The threat represented by a small number of callous British jihadists is insignificant compared with the danger of losing the battle for hearts and minds at home

You want to fight ISIS? Start by not watching that video and if you do watch it, don't share it. They want you scared. I already told you about how they use professional effects on their videos to make them scarier. Their power is in how scary they look and sound.

They have about 50-70 thousand fighters, less than any of the armies in the region, yet they've cause havoc in the whole region and scared the whole world. They currently hold regions with millions of civilians who do not support them. But no one dares stand up to them.

You are currently exactly as they want you. Scared and subsequently irrational.

ISIS at war with everyone around them. They have to do more extreme violence to get noticed

Remind me of millwall in the 80s 'no one likes us, no one likes us, and we dont care' . Mugs

Im not one to promote violence. But this is one organisation/movement we need to be brave enough to eradicate.

Yes, context created them - that context is also on the hitlist. But this is pure hate.

Both Nazism and Communism are prime examples of a cultural victory.

This is at the very heart of what I am saying:

You want to fight ISIS? Start by not watching that video and if you do watch it, don't share it. They want you scared. I already told you about how they use professional effects on their videos to make them scarier. Their power is in how scary they look and sound.

They have about 50-70 thousand fighters, less than any of the armies in the region, yet they've cause havoc in the whole region and scared the whole world. They currently hold regions with millions of civilians who do not support them. But no one dares stand up to them.

You are currently exactly as they want you. Scared and subsequently irrational.

I havent watched the video or shared it and am not scared or being irrational. Did you actually read what i wrote ? I am not suddenly getting all scared of islam, I have many muslim friends

I was discussing with Seif British jihadism, and the fundamental question that is part of that-what it means to be British that tends to be overlooked seeing as the murderer has a london accent. I wouldnt pretend to understand whats going on in Beirut, but can tell you a bit about Asians in the UK.

In British society, the appeal of the jihadist youth culture represents the crystallisation of, first, a sense of detachment from the cultural values of Western society, and secondly an open rejection of those values. What often looks like a sudden conversion to radical Islam by an impetuous or confused young man is actually usually preceded by the detachment of that individual from a way of life that has failed to provide him with any purpose. Sometimes, this conversion mutates into an intense hatred of the West, and in a few cases it can lead people towards an ISIS training camp in Syria.

I was right to stay away here for a while. Also - a belgian kid holding a beheaded head in front of his IS feather reported. We do really reap what we have sawn.

Good to have you back Tom.

''Reap what you have sawn'' is that a typo or sick joke ? :D

Im not one to promote violence. But this is one organisation/movement we need to be brave enough to eradicate.

Yes, context created them - that context is also on the hitlist. But this is pure hate.

Definitely they should be eradicated. They live to kill others and destroy their lives.

True, anyone that thinks there is another way is naive

Can you tell me what is the most just and fair ruling system in your opinion? Many are slating liberal democracy but there is no better alternative.

We will never have a just and fair system as long as our standard of civilisation remains on a par with the likes of ants and bees. That is to say, the worker - queen model; in which the many work to feed the few who rule and control advancement. This firstly is utterly incompatible with human nature as we are simply not conditioned, unlike insects, to be servile. The worker - queen system relies on the existence of a servile class in order to survive; without such a class, it will collapse. Secondly, it is extremely inefficient to concentrate development in the hands of the few. 7 billion brains harnessed together can achieve incredible things; 10 million working together while 6.99 bn work to feed them cannot. Now, there are two solutions to the 21st Century Crisis. The first is more palatable to the elite as their position may not be compromised - robots will be the servile class and all humans will be elevated to be queens. This can work because robots obviously have no capacity for independent thought or emotion, so they will not resist against the status quo unlike the human servile class. Thus the system will no longer be undermined as the servile class will be happy with their lot.

The other is to go back to how nature intended for us to live. Self-sufficiency will be the cornerstone of this as every individual becomes responsible for their own survival. Natural selection will take care of those who are incapable of simultaneously sustaining their existence and working to contribute to the advancement of civilisation, and the resulting society will be a true Utopia.

Then there's a third way, which is to stick your fingers in your ears, close your eyes firmly, and refuse to acknowledge that we are now at a point where the system is untenable and on the verge of collapse. This will lead to a devastating series of wars when the system does inevitably fail as we will compete for a slice of the ever dwindling resource pie. The wars will be fought over land, minerals, food, and water. This appears the most likely scenario and I'll be mighty surprised if a single human can survive through it.

I'm not going to bother replying to the other inane ramblings that followed my first post. There's no hope in talking to people who are unable to think outside the box and realise how laughably primitive, inefficient, and untenable society as we know it is. And as long as the majority of humanity is unable to come up with 21st century solutions to 21st century problems, we are doomed as a species. This is it. This century is our Judgement Day. We will either sink or swim depending on what happens here and now. If you cannot understand that the rot has set into our society so deeply that a firm breeze would be enough to knock the whole building down then there is no hope for you. Once you overstand the magnitude of the problems we are facing it's painfully obvious that the current methods of fixing them will not work. Nothing we have devised yet, except for Marx's theory of revolution, comes close to being a viable solution - and even Marxism is too right-wing and too slow in implementing changes to solve the crisis.