Spike

I think they were just rounding up protesters because we weren't booked but we were held in a cell for three or four hours til we were released.

I wasn't doing anything worthy of being arrested except verbally assaulting police officers ;)

They do a lot of that. Saw it in San Francisco every night, also here. We wereput in a police truck for 4 hours, and they kept playing Wagners Ride of the Valkeries over and over again -you know that music from Apocalypse now, like they were playing at being marines or something. Sad fuckers.

I'm sure they'd be pretty happy with carpet bombing you too :lol:

I was talking about how we, civilians can combat them, not as an army. But any way, carpet bomb what exactly? They now have influence in an area larger than the entire UK and with millions of civilian in it. That's not an option.

It's definitely an option. Doubt it'll happen but the spread of this form of Islam weren't go unanswered for long.

Moments like this just make people in the West realise just how medieval these places actually are. There's no reasoning with that type of ideology.

But if you're looking for things western governments can do to stop ISIS, they can maybe start by not arming and funding them in Syria.

You think IS want any "sympathy" for their cause. Their 'cause' is creating a racist Muslim state from the dark ages. They are designed to be the perfect enemy. They can never have any sympathy.

A racist Muslim state from the dark ages....as opposed to?

I'm sorry, but this is a hateful ideology that people in this country are probably just coming around to understanding. The values and freedoms we cherish are simply incompatible with this ideology and neither will bow or compromise, so there will be conflict.

That's the reality.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2014/aug/20/iraq-crisis-outrage-over-isis-beheading-of-us-journalist-james-foley-live-updates

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2729287/ISIS-beheads-journalist-James-Wright-Foley-warning-US.html

The vile animal who beheaded the US journalist had an "English" accent. Go figure.

Quran (8:12)"I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Sorry Choo but that train has passed long ago. Culturas awareness wont help anyone in this case.

Good ol' sky-darkening bombardments will help. These people are hopeless, you cant teach them sense/logic. All they have in their minds is killing people that are not extreme-islamic.

!Don't click on the spoiler if you get offended!

People on various internet sites started calling them SandN*ggers, don't know if i have to laugh or cry

Again, I was talking about us civilians, not militaries, specifically about protest.

Of course you need to combat them on the battlefield, but that's not enough. This is a cultural/ideological issue. If you don't combat it culturally, you'll just end up with more of them.

It took years and millions to create the end product that you see today. You can't just bomb it away.

It's definitely an option. Doubt it'll happen but the spread of this form of Islam weren't go unanswered for long.

Moments like this just make people in the West realise just how medieval these places actually are. There's no reasoning with that type of ideology.

It really isn't an option. Physically, it doesn't work. Unless you plan on using a few nuclear on the whole area. You can't bomb ISIS away

Of course there is no reasoning for this ideology. It isn't an ideology that has come naturally, it is one which has been artificially created. This is the Frankenstein of cultures, and the beast is coming after it's creator after it terrorized the whole village.

A racist Muslim state from the dark ages....as opposed to?

I'm sorry, but this is a hateful ideology that people in this country are probably just coming around to understanding. The values and freedoms we cherish are simply incompatible with this ideology and neither will bow or compromise, so there will be conflict.

That's the reality.

I guess, as opposed to a secular middle eastern state that the west can destroy by invasion or civil war like Iraq, Libya, Syria...etc.

No, I'm sorry, but this an unbelievably self centered view of things. With what human culture or values in the world would this "ideology" be compatible with?!

These militias which were funded and armed by the Western governments that have those values you speak of have been the main cause of the death hundreds of thousands in the middle east, mostly civilians, while doing the dirty business of those governments in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria...etc. completely destroying some of those states and obliterating the peace and some of the multiculturalism in the whole area.

Now, you just care because some America journalist got killed. And you want a full war on the region and to just carpet bomb a region larger than the entire UK which will only cause much more civilian deaths to fix a mistake which which wouldn't exist without your governments.

Yup, great values indeed..

Again, I was talking about us civilians, not militaries, specifically about protest.

Of course you need to combat them on the battlefield, but that's not enough. This is a cultural/ideological issue. If you don't combat it culturally, you'll just end up with more of them.

It took years and millions to create the end product that you see today. You can't just bomb it away.

It really isn't an option. Physically, it doesn't work. Unless you plan on using a few nuclear on the whole area. You can't bomb ISIS away

Of course there is no reasoning for this ideology. It isn't an ideology that has come naturally, it is one which has been artificially created. This is the Frankenstein of cultures, and the beast is coming after it's creator after it terrorized the whole village.

I guess, as opposed to a secular middle eastern state that the west can destroy by invasion or civil war like Iraq, Libya, Syria...etc.

No, I'm sorry, but this an unbelievably self centered view of things. With what human culture or values in the world would this "ideology" be compatible with?!

These militias which were funded and armed by the Western governments that have those values you speak of have been the main cause of the death hundreds of thousands in the middle east, mostly civilians, while doing the dirty business of those governments in Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria...etc. completely destroying some of those states and obliterating the peace and some of the multiculturalism in the whole area.

Now, you just care because some America journalist got killed. And you want a full war on the region and to just carpet bomb a region larger than the entire UK which will only cause much more civilian deaths to fix a mistake which which wouldn't exist without your governments.

Yup, great values indeed..

It took my country around 5-10 years to get back to normal European living standards(more or less) after 600 fucking years of war and occupation. Yes, 600 years.

Years and millions for them and this is the end product? Something went wrong down there i guess.

I still think that the best thing is to evacuate as much normal people as you can within 24 hours and bomb the shit out of the pest. I don't have the right to judge people despite what they are doing but deep down in me a big hatred towards them is being created. They are the pest of the world, no one needs extremists killing innocent people because they are not from an Islamic state.

This may sound to you harsh and as an attack on your religion but believe me it's not. I said a plenty of times that i have a neutral opinion on religions even though i don't practise them. Extremests hurt my stomach.

Sky news have spent nearly all day talking about the journalist murdered by that twat.

He is a twat, and so are the rest of IS. There 'cause' must make ordinary muslims cringe, and will foster general hatred towards muslims throughout the world. Yes I can see some confused impressionable young muslim men attracted to that black and white world, especially some in the uk who go to Friday prayers, but are wannabe gangstas the rest of the week.

The IS attractionis a combination of oxytocin and testosterone, as powerfully addictive as any drug.

The political graduate in me always asks cui bono ? Corporate media is part of the State, always has an agenda. With regard to sky and corporates media incessant coverage(without actually showing) of the beheading a) Discredits ànd besmirches the whole of islam.

b ) Deters independent journalism, and fosters a dependency on corporate media.

They also just had an israeli on there trying to link fightback in gaza to IS.

Bottom line is, since the End of the Cold War new 'enemies' have had to been found and created to satisfy the shareholders of the military industrial complex, and so it goes on...

Does the Uk media, or any Western media show how the vast majority of the Arab Muslim countries feel about ISIS? And I mean by that how the governments view them and how the people in the street view them. Does show what happens to the ones that return? Why is ISIS (Islamic state of Iraq and Syria) is now shortened to IS (Islamic state)? Is it due to just laziness or to give a broader image that those extremist terrorists reflect the entire Muslims in the world?

The IS attractionis a combination of oxytocin and testosterone, as powerfully addictive as any drug.

Not to mention actual drugs. The vast majority of those fighters of extremist groups are on drugs. I've talked to people who have fought them and they all say that they are 100% on some drugs because they don't seem to feel pain. They got shot but don't go down. Even the ones captured at first don't seem to know where they are.

Does the Uk media, or any Western media show how the vast majority of the Arab Muslim countries feel about ISIS? And I mean by that how the governments view them and how the people in the street view them. Does show what happens to the ones that return? Why is ISIS (Islamic state of Iraq and Syria) is now shortened to IS (Islamic state)? Is it due to just laziness or to give a broader image that those extremist terrorists reflect the entire Muslims in the world?

I take it your first question is rhetorical :) Generally no, Russia Today , strange name because it seems to have nothing to do with Russia is fairly neutral, but no perspective from the Middle East.

It was alleged ISIS themselves shortened it to IS, as they say they recognise no borders, but not sure how true that is.

It took my country around 5-10 years to get back to normal European living standards(more or less) after 600 fucking years of war and occupation. Yes, 600 years.

Years and millions for them and this is the end product? Something went wrong down there i guess.

I still think that the best thing is to evacuate as much normal people as you can within 24 hours and bomb the shit out of the pest. I don't have the right to judge people despite what they are doing but deep down in me a big hatred towards them is being created. They are the pest of the world, no one needs extremists killing innocent people because they are not from an Islamic state.

This may sound to you harsh and as an attack on your religion but believe me it's not. I said a plenty of times that i have a neutral opinion on religions even though i don't practise them. Extremests hurt my stomach.

Let me show you something:

s034291969.jpg

The red part of the map above is the area under ISIS control at the moment. It is not possible to bomb that entire area, military wise.

Humanitarian wise, the vast majority of this area is made up of civilian villages with millions of people who don't necessarily support or really have anything to do with ISIS. Imagine if a few hundred heavily armed men came to your neighborhood and took away your freedom and started enforcing crazy rules (I mean crazy. You can get whipped for mixing cucumbers with tomatoes in salads!).The people are at best not allowed to leave.

Culturally, this is an ideology that has, one or another, become a reality. You can't bomb an idea away. History proves this time after time. Ignorance can only be battled with knowledge.

I take it your first question is rhetorical :) Generally no, Russia Today , strange name because it seems to have nothing to do with Russia is fairly neutral, but no perspective from the Middle East.

It was alleged ISIS themselves shortened it to IS, as they say they recognise no borders, but not sure how true that is.

They were all really rhetorical my friend. We have captured actually 7 who have returned from Syria. And we are trying to track the rest who might have returned and others who are abroad. People in the street condemn these acts and behavior. Muslims say that this has nothing to do with Islam and these people are not even extremists, they are far more than this as they are manipulating everything in order to gain power. People don't consider them Muslims. Our media have been all over them, tv programs and newspapers. The highest Islamic institution in Egypt and the oldest in the world have been condemning them. Our government (since the days of Mubarak whom I hate), have been trying to warn many countries in the west about the radical Muslims and the potential terrorist acts that they might do, but no one listened. However I know that western media fails to show the response of the Muslims in the Arab world or anywhere else. This makes some ignorant people fear any Muslim and associate them with groups like these terrorists.

A serious question though, what is your government doing regarding the Muslim community in the UK? The majority of western fighters who joined those terrorists were from UK and Germany as far as I remember ( I read that on the newspapers a while back when it all started but I am not sure how accurate that is).

Let me show you something:

s034291969.jpg

The red part of the map above is the area under ISIS control at the moment. It is not possible to bomb that entire area, military wise.

Humanitarian wise, the vast majority of this area is made up of civilian villages with millions of people who don't necessarily support or really have anything to do with ISIS. Imagine if a few hundred heavily armed men came to your neighborhood and took away your freedom and started enforcing crazy rules (I mean crazy. You can get whipped for mixing cucumbers with tomatoes in salads!).The people are at best not allowed to leave.

Culturally, this is an ideology that has, one or another, become a reality. You can't bomb an idea away. History proves this time after time. Ignorance can only be battled with knowledge.

This happened to me actually. Then they started to beat people, then they started to rape women, then they started to kill people, then they started to execute people in some crucial ways and then the war started. People started to leave my country. There are aprox. 10Million Kosovo-Albanian only 1.8 million live in Kosovo. Nothing good comes from occupation and mass massacre.

It's not a good example but it's atleast an example. I just hope people there will someday live in peace, if that means bombing the shit out of the IS then so be it.

Russia Today is a russian propagada channel funded by Russia.

Nazism. Communism.

Maybe not bomb it away but bomb it into irrelevance...easy.

I agree it would be nice to battle it with knowledge but the illiteracy rates in some Middle East countries are frightening.

A serious question though, what is your government doing regarding the Muslim community in the UK? The majority of western fighters who joined those terrorists were from UK and Germany as far as I remember ( I read that on the newspapers a while back when it all started but I am not sure how accurate that is).

Monitoring them hopefully, infiltrating them and hopefully black-bagging them.