Spike

Id like to hear more as well tbh.

I know for a fact that Saddam oppressed everyone including the Sunnis who opposed him. I know that the Ottoman empire, which was the last Muslim empire that was led and controlled by the Turks, committed massacres against people who opposed them and made up laws that served their ruling. I know the Kurds were amongst those. But I never heard it from a Kurd. Like the Armenians, I know that they as a nation went through a lot.

The situation in Iraq is so bad, I can't even begin to describe it. It's like something from medieval times. The oppression of the Christians and forcing them out of their cities, war with the Kurds, but probably the worst thing that ISIS is doing is to the Yazidis.

You probably haven't heard of it before, but Yazidi is one of the oldest surviving religions in the world dating back to over 5000 years ago. The vast majority of the Yazidis live in Mount Sinjar in Iraq. And for the past couple of weeks they have been under attack by ISIS. Hundreds have been and a lot of the more than half a million Yazidis in Iraq have been forced out of their cities into the mountain deserts in the region. They are dying of thirst and hunger. Tens of thousands of people will die if no action is taken.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/seanthomas/100282674/death-of-a-religion-isis-and-the-yezidi/

Yet, not a single penny has been given to the Iraqi army or the Kurdish troops fighting ISIS in Iraq.

We have been getting some coverage here in Egypt about it. But as you can imagine, it is still very limited. I just wanted to know from a humanitarian point of view, what these people went through recently. As far as ISIS is concerned, I am quiet sure if the Yezides, the Christians or Muslims who don't follow their way will be, killed. They started with the Sunnis when they entered, then the Christians. Now they are going after Yezidis and massacred 100s. Sooner or later they will have ago at the She'as. There presence is now much stronger in Libya. I also got from the news here that they have somewhat a "mild" presence in Lebanon. I am not sure if that is accurate. Sounds possible given the crisis of Syria, but also not a simple thing given that Lebanon is much stronger on the borders now. How accurate is that?

Look at their maps. They want all of Northern Africa and the Middle East within five years.

Money and equipment won't help. Even Iraqi commandos gave up and surrendered to execution rather than fight.

There's video on liveleak you don't want to see of a captured Lebanese soldier being killed.

Obama now said they are going to do food drops to the yazides on the mountains, and probable 'strategic strikes' on ISIS according to the BBC.

Got the same thing on CNN. But this is pathetic. I don't know who they are fooling. We all know that these militias are nothing similar to traditional armies. They have no bases, no distinct troops or anything that resembles an army. They move mainly, in small groups, go for a specific operation to take out there target then run and hide. Only when they have full control of a city or an area would they appear and again, they will be amongst civilians. So I really don't know what airstrikes can accomplish. They have been a total failure against such groups. It is a big mess in Iraq and all people are really suffering especially the minorities like the Yazidis and Christians.

Look at their maps. They want all of Northern Africa and the Middle East within five years.

Money and equipment won't help. Even Iraqi commandos gave up and surrendered to execution rather than fight.

There's video on liveleak you don't want to see of a captured Lebanese soldier being killed.

Those in Iraq are no commandos or soldiers even. They are disgrace and should be ashamed to even call themselves men, if they just run and not stand to defend their country and people against such terrorists.

They will not have North Africa and the Middle East. There are some plans currently being discussed by the Algerians, Egyptians and what is left of the Libyan Army. Even Italy is currently involved. Not to mention other African Nations. To my understanding these plans may include military action from Egypt in the east and Algeria in the west. Their time in Libya is short. Hopefully something would be done too to help the Iraqis and the Syrians.

Got the same thing on CNN. But this is pathetic. I don't know who they are fooling. We all know that these militias are nothing similar to traditional armies. They have no bases, no distinct troops or anything that resembles an army. They move mainly, in small groups, go for a specific operation to take out there target then run and hide. Only when they have full control of a city or an area would they appear and again, they will be amongst civilians. So I really don't know what airstrikes can accomplish. They have been a total failure against such groups. It is a big mess in Iraq and all people are really suffering especially the minorities like the Yazidis and Christians.

Its also the arrogance of it ! The US with its poodle the UK created a complete fucking dogs dinner in Iraq because they wanted the natural resources, and because Saddam insulted Bush snr. So they bombed it into the stone age and now they say more violence is the answer. The final insult/irony is that the co architect of the original slaughter is now doing precisely fuck all in his role as....wait for it....Middle East Peace envoy.

Its also the arrogance of it ! The US with its poodle the UK created a complete fucking dogs dinner in Iraq because they wanted the natural resources, and because Saddam insulted Bush snr. So they bombed it into the stone age and now they say more violence is the answer. The final insult/irony is that the co architect of the original slaughter is now doing precisely fuck all in his role as....wait for it....Middle East Peace envoy.

You are absolutely right. You know for a fact, during the first Gulf War, the U.S and the Nato could have EASILY captured Saddam. But, in order to suck more out of the Gulf Countries they chose not to. They left Saddam and kept flooding Kuwait and Saudi with weapons and U.S troops in order to "protect themselves" from Saddam. Gulf countries paid a good bill.

We have been getting some coverage here in Egypt about it. But as you can imagine, it is still very limited. I just wanted to know from a humanitarian point of view, what these people went through recently. As far as ISIS is concerned, I am quiet sure if the Yezides, the Christians or Muslims who don't follow their way will be, killed. They started with the Sunnis when they entered, then the Christians. Now they are going after Yezidis and massacred 100s. Sooner or later they will have ago at the She'as. There presence is now much stronger in Libya. I also got from the news here that they have somewhat a "mild" presence in Lebanon. I am not sure if that is accurate. Sounds possible given the crisis of Syria, but also not a simple thing given that Lebanon is much stronger on the borders now. How accurate is that?

As far as I know, they had a period of peace under Saddam which would make sense because he only cared about power and politics and they never really cared much about either. The difference between the others and the Yazidis is that the Christians were allowed to flee and they and all the others have also fled to other cities while the Yazidis were attack without warning and are now stuck in the mountain desert and dying of thirst and hunger. Their humanitarian situation are very bad.

In Lebanon, there are more foreigners than there are Lebanese people in the country! And more than half of them are Syrians. Some parties have been covering for various ant-Assad militias and using Lebanon to provide them with funds and weapons from the start, so, Yes, there is definitely some groups loyal to ISIS and Jabhat Al Nosra, but those are small groups mainly in Tripoli and some Palestinian refugee camps and till last in Arsal. Those groups are for logistics mainly and to perform certain operations. There is no army. If there are fighters, they're in the tens or hundreds, not in the thousands. However there are a few thousand fighters in Kalamoon after the Koseir and Yabrood battles who are trapped between the Syrian army and Hezboullah. They obviously have plans to create a "province" for themselves in the east of the country, but the battle is unwinnable. Hezboullah are just too strong and well equipped for them and they just took a serious hit in Arsal and lost at least a couple of hundred fighters. They made a big mistake in Arsal and it took some internal parties to save their asses. It was a "دعشة ناقصة" :P

You are absolutely right. You know for a fact, during the first Gulf War, the U.S and the Nato could have EASILY captured Saddam. But, in order to suck more out of the Gulf Countries they chose not to. They left Saddam and kept flooding Kuwait and Saudi with weapons and U.S troops in order to "protect themselves" from Saddam. Gulf countries paid a good bill.

Neat strategy, and a pattern thats becoming all too common.. Devastate the country, set up a puppet govt and tell them you have to pay us to rebuild it but leave it unstable enough that you can intervene again in the future.

Obama now said they are going to do food drops to the yazides on the mountains, and probable 'strategic strikes' on ISIS according to the BBC.

So the mad scientists is coming back to face the monster it created?

The strikes are just publicity stunts for the Americans because they can't face their public about this any longer. If they want to really get rid of ISIS, how about they arm the Iraqi army of their "ally" Al Maliki or the Lebanese army that they keep saying over and over again that they back yet they wouldn't allow to have a single attack helicopter. Our soldiers had to literally thrown out bombs with their hands out of a helicopter when we were the first to try to combat these Islamic extremists back in 2007.

So the mad scientists is coming back to face the monster it created?

The strikes are just publicity stunts for the Americans because they can't face their public about this any longer. If they want to really get rid of ISIS, how about they arm the Iraqi army of their "ally" Al Maliki or the Lebanese army that they keep saying over and over again that they back yet they wouldn't allow to have a single attack helicopter. Our soldiers had to literally thrown out bombs with their hands when we were the first to try to combat these Islamic extremists back in 2007.

Also, lets not forget many of those billionaire republican lobbyists who really run the US, who also happen to be major weapons company shareholders, whitewash their acts, by wearing a fundamental christian badge. Some are jewish, but the christian ones can feel obliged to step in to aid the iraqi christians. All very convenient.