Spike

The KSA has spent hundreds of billions of dollars on weapons. So has half the gulf countries..

But forget the weapons, even forget the oil card, which is one the most powerful cards on the world, no fat king or prince or even official from the gulf has so much as condemned the attack so far. We are all partners in the crime.

I kind of disagree with you there. They all did condemn it, but they don't want to give legitimacy to Hamas. You know that Hamas had no legitimacy on Egypt in the days of Mubarak. In a nutshell, because they starting killing soldiers on the borders and due to what they did to Fateh. On the other hand, as you accurately said, Qatar is trying to make a name for itself. You probably also know that there were plans to break down KSA through the militants in Yemen. Hamas are being funded by Qatar like you said. Hezbollah provided the training while Iran provide the weapons. Now look at the Gulf region, Iran constantly threatens the gullf countries and it has warned before that the first thing it will do if attacked by the U.S is fire at the oil fields of the gulf.

So things are pretty much intertwined here.

The only weapon the Gulf countries have is oil. Whatever billions are spent in weapons is accurate. But by all means this is not spending for war. Qatar who spent 11 billion dollars this year to but weapons from the U.S wasn't because they need it as a military. Invading Qatar will take 24 hrs tops, just like Iraq invaded Kuwait. They did it in half a day. Qatar gives these weapons to different groups. Hamas is one, but also you should take a look at Libya. The militants are getting their weapons from Qatar. KSA on the other hand were heavily funding the resistance in Syria when the revolution turned into a civil war. So don't be fooled by the money they spend on weapons. There will be no war without AT LEAST Egypt. And you know how passionate the Egyptians feel (as people) about Palestine. But that simply will not happen now because of that peace treaty.

I agree with you that we are all partners in the crime. But not for long. Look carefully at the region. Somethings are changing. A power is rising. And it is getting unprecedented political and financial (economical) aid from a lot around it. The few upcoming years will flip the situation upside down.

Good that lebanon is united about it. Just watched a film on al jazeera, and before the terrified gaza residents can blame Israel many are saying 'where are our arab brothers ?'

Its a tragic situation, and you know israel before they stop will commit an even bigger atrocity, as they always do.

Its not a normal situation, however the media like to portray it as two equal sides, as we know. In a normal conflict situation, the bottom line in terms of resolution is talk. Jaw, jaw, not war war. However this is the last thing Israel wants, they want to get rid of Gaza and have it like they have all the other occupied land, so they will constantly provoke and kill. Unfortunately there are no organisations that can help that much - we learned during my politics degree how US controlled the UN is- but perhaps the best hope is from the Arab league. They need to make concerted efforts, not to israel as this is pissing in the wind, but to the US and the west. History would need to be dug up, and truths presented about the artificial borders set up by the west and colonialism. A united arab diplomatic front, composed of muslim, christian, jewish representatives is to my mind the best hope of restraining israel, and a more important goal than a two state solution. Thoughts ?

Things will definitely not come out of the Arab league. But a few Arab countries.

How likely is it for muslim countries to interfere military again in the conflict if Israel goes on with this massacre? How attached are they to the palestinians, who are fellow muslims?

Realistically speaking, I can see only two outcomes to this. Israel killing the last palestinian and nobody giving a shit or muslim countries deciding it's enough and wiping Israel from existance.

Oh hello WW3!

The official Goldstone UN fact finding report about Gaza in 2009. The amount of times there is 'no evidence' for all the Israeli allegations is phenomenal. But i gues tis is a biased source as well for some on here?

I hope you are brave enough to read it and take it into consideration.

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/12session/A-HRC-12-48.pdf

The official Goldstone UN fact finding report about Gaza in 2009. The amount of times there is 'no evidence' for all the Israeli allegations is phenomenal. But i gues tis is a biased source as well for some on here?

I hope you are brave enough to read it and take it into consideration.

http://www2.ohchr.org/english/bodies/hrcouncil/docs/12session/A-HRC-12-48.pdf

Shocking my man. There was another one about civilians complaining to the Israleis about the completely unjustifiable demolishing of their homes. Of over 1000 complaints the Israelis ignored all but 36, and those 36 they just sent out acknowledgments. That was in 2009, and nothing done since. If there was Noble Prize for Cuntishness.....

How likely is it for muslim countries to interfere military again in the conflict if Israel goes on with this massacre? How attached are they to the palestinians, who are fellow muslims?

Realistically speaking, I can see only two outcomes to this. Israel killing the last palestinian and nobody giving a shit or muslim countries deciding it's enough and wiping Israel from existance.

I would think if it starts from somewhere it wouldn't be from a Muslim country, but Russia.

With Russia in the mix, then some other countries might join.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2707036/PETER-HITCHENS-Israel-s-bloody-assault-Gaza-dream-come-true-Hamas.html

Good article on the pragmatic foolishness as well as moral repugnancy of Israel's attack.

Not a bad article dave, but misses 99% of the history as I'm sure you're aware.

Hitchens, bit of a twat generally, says something along the lines of" its hamas dream that the Worlds media is showing pictures of dead palestinian women and children". I dont think thats the case - many of those dismembered children and pensioners are hamas relatives. "Hamas" is generally a term used by israel to describe Palestinians.

Also those pictures of dead women and children are not shown in Israel. Channel 4, probably the least biased news channel in the UK, did a report into media coverage of the slaughter in Israel. It is completely sanitised on their tv, with stories mainly about the Israeli Attack Force. As a result, the population of Israel are generally unaware of the international condemnation of their govts actions, and the isolationism that Israel will face in the future. Tourism and seeking holocaust sympathy might have run its course now.

Let's talk about Syria....... What's happening there is x10 worse than what's happening in Palestine. Islam extremists are killing each other like sheeps, more than 1500 Muslims from Irak were killed today in Syria for being from Irak. They are accused of rape and child rape but i saw a footage of that masacre and i cannot think they found 1500 child rapists in a spot. 1500 fucking Human beings.

I am a really peacefull person but sometimes you just have to defeat fire with fire...... Evacuate as many NORMAL people as you can and bombard the shit out of extremists. This contradicts myself because i believe in Law and Justice, killing people is neither Law or Justice but sometimes insane people just wont understand. I'd rather see these extremists die than innocent people being slaughtered like sheeps.

They don't even know what they are fighting for. These people are nutcases, insane.

So the funniest thing happened yesterday in Gaza. There was supposed to be a 72 hour ceasefire while the sides debated an Israeli retreat from Gaza in Egypt. Minutes into ceasefire, an Israeli force advanced into Rafah which until yesterday had not been invaded by land yet (in a clear violation of the ceasefire, but that's expected from Israel). They wanted to destroy three buildings because they believed that there might be a tunnel in the area. They came up against a group from a resistance faction from "zero-range"; two of them got killed and they had to retreat. Once they retreated, they realized that they had a soldier missing at which point the IOF initiated what is known as the "Hannibal Directive": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Directive

It is a military tactic that Israeli army trains and have used when one of it's soldiers is captured in the past including here in Lebanon. Basically, it says that it is better to kill the captured soldier than let the enemy have him. So they proceeded to bomb the shit out of the area. 80 corpses arrived at the hospital with an unknown number still under the rubble as more than 60 buildings were completely destroyed by over 700 strikes within an hour.

And out came flying all the Israeli scenarios of the alleged capture including tunnels and suicide bombers. Then in came the Zionist wannabes. Obama called the resistance "barbaric" for capturing the soldier. Even Ban Ki Moon who usually at most "expresses his concern" when hundreds of Palestinians are killed, came out and slammed Hamas and the resistance.

Today, the resistance came out and said that they know nothing of the soldier and said that he was probably killed in combat and his group forgot to evacuate him. It really would have been a funny cock up by the IOF if hundreds of people hadn't been murdered in the past 24 hours...

So the funniest thing happened yesterday in Gaza. There was supposed to be a 72 hour ceasefire while the sides debated an Israeli retreat from Gaza in Egypt. Minutes into ceasefire, an Israeli force advanced into Rafah which until yesterday had not been invaded by land yet (in a clear violation of the ceasefire, but that's expected from Israel). They wanted to destroy three buildings because they believed that there might be a tunnel in the area. They came up against a group from a resistance faction from "zero-range"; two of them got killed and they had to retreat. Once they retreated, they realized that they had a soldier missing at which point the IOF initiated what is known as the "Hannibal Directive": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hannibal_Directive

It is a military tactic that Israeli army trains and have used when one of it's soldiers is captured in the past including here in Lebanon. Basically, it says that it is better to kill the captured soldier than let the enemy have him. So they proceeded to bomb the shit out of the area. 80 corpses arrived at the hospital with an unknown number still under the rubble as more than 60 buildings were completely destroyed by over 700 strikes within an hour.

And out came flying all the Israeli scenarios of the alleged capture including tunnels and suicide bombers. Then in came the Zionist wannabes. Obama called the resistance "barbaric" for capturing the soldier. Even Ban Ki Moon who usually at most "expresses his concern" when hundreds of Palestinians are killed, came out and slammed Hamas and the resistance.

Today, the resistance came out and said that they know nothing of the soldier and said that he was probably killed in combat and his group forgot to evacuate him. It really would have been a funny cock up by the IOF if hundreds of people hadn't been murdered in the past 24 hours...

The Hannibal Directive .... Im just reading Our Harsh Nature, the book of IDF soldiers breaking the silence. If you want to know more about strategy, Tactics and eufemisms from an inside view, then this is quite the book, wow!

IOF commander explaining the real objective of the attack, what he calls the "Dahiya doctrine":

6. (S) Eisenkot labeled any Israeli response to resumed

conflict the "Dahiya doctrine" in reference to the leveled

Dahiya quarter in Beirut during the Second Lebanon War in

2006. He said Israel will use disproportionate force upon

any village that fires upon Israel, "causing great damage and

destruction." Eisenkot made very clear: this is not a

recommendation, but an already approved plan -- from the

Israeli perspective, these are "not civilian villages, they

are military bases." Eisenkot in this statement echoed

earlier private statements made by IDF Chief of General Staff

Gabi Ashkenazi, who said the next fight in Southern Lebanon

would come at a much higher cost for both sides -- and that

the IDF would not hold back.

7. (SBU) Eisenkot stated that Damascus fully understands what

the Israelis did in Dahiya, and that the Israelis have the

capability of doing the same to Syria. He suggested the

possibility of harm to the population has been Hizballah

leader Nasrallah's main constraint, and the reason for the

quiet over the past two years.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/08TELAVIV2329_a.html#efmBOyBhT

Basically, the plan is to cause as much damage and kill as much civilians as possible using "indiscriminate force" and disproportional power in hope that the huge loss of civilians will be a constraint for the resistance in the future.

"Most moral army in the world"....