Spike

Hamas uses crap for rockets. As far as accuracy, damage and damage radius are concerned, these rockets are not the type that you can use in a proper army. The iron dome is an anti rocket rocket defense system that " officially" can intercept rockets from a distance of 70km according to wikipedia. It also says that the range can be maximized to intercept rockets from a distance of 250km. As far as true stats are concerned, I doubt you would find true or accurate stats. On a personal opinion, I doubt the number "thousands" or anything close ti that figure is true. Simply because Hamas is a militia not an army, and fatalities on the Israeli side would have definitely been more than 1 civilian.

Having said that, Hamas are true terrorists. They know their rockets are not going to do much damage. They know that the Israelis will definitely retaliate with overwhelming power and stupidity. They are well aware that there will be many civilian casualties. They assume the more civilian casualties, the more support they will get from the international community. They are playing a sick game, and Israel is helping them by retaliating with such irrational power. They are desperate to redeem themselves. Israel is just helping them do that, unintentionally. The increase in IDF casualties portray them as heros, not to mention the capture of a soldier during combat which is a first for Hamas. It is a fucked up situation from both sides and the only victims are the civilians.

:clap:

I can see, yes. but to seriously damage hamas, we need to attack...

I agree you need to damage Hamas, but how is this damaging Hamas?

Do you think the Palestinians, whom you know are being oppressed every day, would be angry at Hamas after seeing their loved ones killed without having nothing to do with this?

Don't you think, that due to the civilian deaths which are A LOT, people will not sympathize with Hamas?

Don't you think, that when Israel tried this in 2008 and 2012, Hamas just got stronger?

When will Israel know that this approach doesn't help its cause, but as a matter of fact damages it more?

These are questions you need to think about carefully. You need to put aside your sense of patriotism and think more rationally. You will find that the answers to those questions are not in your favor. If you want to get rid of Hamas, then certainly you need a different approach.

I can see, yes. but to seriously damage hamas, we need to attack...

Why not launch small-scale operations to take out the cells one by one? You spend so much money on your intelligence services, you should be able to gather decent intel on their location, and act accordingly. Not bomb every street, just to be sure.

Do you think the Palestinians, whom you know are being oppressed every day, would be angry at Hamas after seeing their loved ones killed without having nothing to do with this?

Don't you think, that due to the civilian deaths which are A LOT, people will not sympathize with Hamas?

Don't you think, that when Israel tried this in 2008 and 2012, Hamas just got stronger?

When will Israel know that this approach doesn't help its cause, but as a matter of fact damages it more?

These are questions you need to think about carefully. You need to put aside your sense of patriotism and think more rationally. You will find that the answers to those questions are not in your favor. If you want to get rid of Hamas, then certainly you need a different approach.

This.... This is the truth. You are not hurting Hamas, you are fueling the extremism by killing innocent people, and breeding the anti-Israel hate.

Why not launch small-scale operations to take out the cells one by one? You spend so much money on your intelligence services, you should be able to gather decent intel on their location, and act accordingly. Not bomb every street, just to be sure.

Not to mention that they have demonstrated that they can do that before. They have taken out several Hamas leaders with tactical operations. They have the state of the art technology and, as you said, one the strongest intelligence in the world. It is all about elections mate. They don't really care. Just feed their people on fear. That is why in the past days you have been getting some really weird responses when you tried to have a rational discussion. Btw, I felt your frustration and you had every right. :)

This.... This is the truth. You are not hurting Hamas, you are fueling the extremism by killing innocent people, and breeding the anti-Israel hate.

Well said. They are two faces of the same coin. Can't live or execute their political agenda with or without each other.

It's Not so easy to take them " one by one ".

You need to destroy Not only Hamas people, you need to destroy Rockets, bases etc...

And when those rockets are so close to innocent people... it's a big shame that innocent people died, but really, the blame is on hamas too ( hiding them so close to people and fire them from houses and near to children etc...).

( and i'm not saying that we are clean of mistakes ).

It's Not so easy to take them " one by one ".

You need to destroy Not only Hamas people, you need to destroy Rockets, bases etc...

And when those rockets are so close to innocent people... it's a big shame that innocent people died, but really, the blame is on hamas too ( hiding them so close to people and fire them from houses and near to children etc...).

( and i'm not saying that we are clean of mistakes ).

Mate... Of course it's not easy to take them out one by one... But it is a MUCH, MUCH better option than just carpet bombing streets where you believe someone might be hiding. Like Mohammed said, you have one of the strongest intelligence services in the world, backed by US capital and experience, you should really have no excuse. Go about your business carefully, it would avoid so much pain and anger.

We totally agree that Hamas are bad people, mate. They are. They are, to use Ashley Cole's words: A bunch of twats. But you cannot, CANNOT keep using the human shield argument. Yes, some people might have been used that way, but the majority isn't. They are unlucky (feels so bad to say that) bystanders that have NOTHING to do with Hamas other than being in a close proximity to a BELIEVED Hamas hideout. How is it fair that they die? If I killed your child without reason, you would hate me and want me to die as well. That is what you are doing. You are breeding hate, mate. A vicious cycle.

Not to mention that they have demonstrated that they can do that before. They have taken out several Hamas leaders with tactical operations. They have the state of the art technology and, as you said, one the strongest intelligence in the world. It is all about elections mate. They don't really care. Just feed their people on fear. That is why in the past days you have been getting some really weird responses when you tried to have a rational discussion. Btw, I felt your frustration and you had every right. :)

Well said. They are two faces of the same coin. Can't live or execute their political agenda with or without each other.

Yeah, mate, I was really frustrated, but I tried to keep it to a minimum. It just scares me, to be honest. Scares me to see such intolerance and inbred hate towards one another.

Of course I can only provide my take on the conflict, and I attempt to be rational. But the emotional part of me wants this conflict to stop now. Not tomorrow, not in a week. BUT NOW.

Mate... Of course it's not easy to take them out one by one... But it is a MUCH, MUCH better option than just carpet bombing streets where you believe someone might be hiding. Like Mohammed said, you have one of the strongest intelligence services in the world, backed by US capital and experience, you should really have no excuse. Go about your business carefully, it would avoid so much pain and anger.

We totally agree that Hamas are bad people, mate. They are. They are, to use Ashley Cole's words: A bunch of twats. But you cannot, CANNOT keep using the human shield argument. Yes, some people might have been used that way, but the majority isn't. They are unlucky (feels so bad to say that) bystanders that have NOTHING to with Hamas other than being in a close proximity to a BELIEVED Hamas hideout. How is it fair that they die? If I killed your child without reason, you would hate me and want me to die as well. That is what you are doing. You are breeding hate, mate. A vicious cycle.

Agree.

I think that now, they regret that they elected Hamas.

One things for sure, If there had been over 3000 Israeli civilians severely injured, and over 1000 killed, the US, along with the zionist controlled corporate media would be screaming and sanctioning tactical nuclear strikes on Gaza and the annhilation of the remaining captives.

Agree.

I think that now, they regret that they elected Hamas.

Regret? Because you bomb the shit out of them? That is a strong statement.

As I said, flexing your military muscles and launching a land offensive is by no means a solution to end all conflicts. Actually quite the opposite. Making widdows, slaughtering children - pushing the Palestians into the arms of Hamas. You are creating the Hamas soldiers of tomorrow. Don't think that is your intention, but that is what you are doing.

Fox News? American media outlet? The same USA that provides what, $60 bn every year to fund "your" army? LOL mate.

Using that video as a source is just.... Pathetic. Sorry, but it really is.

Fox News? American media outlet? The same USA that provides what, $60 bn every year to fund "your" army? LOL mate.

Using that video as a source is just.... Pathetic. Sorry, but it really is.

Same channel that wants to send more American troops to Iraq and start a war in Iran too. LOL.

Same channel that wants to send more American troops to Iraq and start a war in Iran too. LOL.

It seems like most Israelis are so desperate for an international source that they resort to crap news stations such as Fox. There are no facts, statistics or official reports in the video either, so I can't really see how it is even considered to be worth adding to the discussion.