The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

I personally think EA have tried changing too much too quickly.

Maybe I'm just shit, but I can't make more than 2 tackles a game (usually slide tackles), and I've only scored 1 goal (Giovinco; Juventus).

The pace system is all confusing too.

When I was using Dortmund and had Marco Reus, he couldn't get past Kolarov... ever ._.

The game looks great and all but honestly it's so hard to get past a player. There's basically zero time to try and dribble plus like Leif said, I can't run past a defender using Walcott or Aguero...

Maybe I need to understand the game a bit better but I'm division 1 on fifa12 so im not that much of a shit player.

They changed it up because people used to abuse that shit on FIFA 12, all they do is just kick the ball forward run past your defender and pass to the striker for a tap in, there's more to football than that lol.

With Reus i dribbled past Richards a couple times though, but that knock the ball forward thing is not as effective as FIFA 12.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i am also a div 1 fifa player and found it hard to get past players, though i pretty much soley play online so when their defence isn't as structured and organsised it should be a bit easier... I think there are a lot of changes so its gonna take a while to get used to... Also apparently the actual game feels a lot different to the demo so we will get a better idea when we play that... Overall i am happy with it... Don't mind the game being harder, i just need to get the practice in...

Well, try to experiment on Amateur. 

Manage the new complete dribling (it makes to pass through players). NEVER press R2 or right stick because of first touch. You'll see that the pace isnt really a big diferencial now (that is good, because u could run through the whole defence on 12) and the finese shot arent so unrealist magical and accurate. Try new formations, with the new AI your CPU partners go more to the attack (4-2-4 would totaly rip your defence).

Overall the game is intended to have more unespected errors, thats how real football is.

The 2 big notaces I have made are: counter-attacks wont work every single time and the game is way slower (needs to be patient when dribling and shooting).

Being a Div1. After 10-15 games you should be able to play WC or even Legendary.

All in all, good. It does seem a bit like FIFA 12.5 rather than 13. Definitely buying it though.

This. Definitely not the step in gameplay mechanics that 12 had over 11, but I'm still counting on the rest of the changes EA made to make it a worthwhile buy. The changes made to the game outside the actual football gameplay (player form updates, career mode, updated UT) look to be substantial changes that the demo can't show.

Pro Clubs was annoying as fuck for that, we used to play with computer defense and they just get skinned by any bit of pace... so hard to play against, i think it's better they done this. Plus i'm still a boss at this even though i haven't played FIFA 12 in months, i can still boss it on FIFA 13 with dribbling, i don't think it's that hard to get past a player.

Well, try to experiment on Amateur.

Manage the new complete dribling (it makes to pass through players). NEVER press R2 or right stick because of first touch. You'll see that the pace isnt really a big diferencial now (that is good, because u could run through the whole defence on 12) and the finese shot arent so unrealist magical and accurate. Try new formations, with the new AI your CPU partners go more to the attack (4-2-4 would totaly rip your defence).

Overall the game is intended to have more unespected errors, thats how real football is.

The 2 big notaces I have made are: counter-attacks wont work every single time and the game is way slower (needs to be patient when dribling and shooting).

Being a Div1. After 10-15 games you should be able to play WC or even Legendary.

I refuse to ever play lower than world class, lol... And after 10 games on it i am starting to get the feel of it.... Also i am adapting my play to my usual quick passing go out wide skin the defenders (Online) cut inside, shoot or pass it off to the striker for a tap in...

ratings got awfully wrong once again. Cech only 84, Lamps only 83 he is definately better than torres, cahill and luiz both just 79 is far too low. We are talking of the CL winners when Barca was CL-winner all their players got 5 up minimum now one should do the same with us ffs. Disappointed we are not in the demo. grafics look no better to me than before, game play is a bit more smooth but that's it, cant make that much of the new features yet

Pro Clubs was annoying as fuck for that, we used to play with computer defense and they just get skinned by any bit of pace... so hard to play against, i think it's better they done this. Plus i'm still a boss at this even though i haven't played FIFA 12 in months, i can still boss it on FIFA 13 with dribbling, i don't think it's that hard to get past a player.

I hate your kind...... People who play with computer defense mostly those who do play with cpu defense also play with 5 defenders. There is no skill by playing that way, all of the best players in pro clubs detest those who do. I'm soo fucking glad you can filter who you play against now so I don't have to sit there and play a certain shitty way to beat those ridiculously fast computer defenders. They win the majority of balls in the air and just generally block your passes in the final third. Pro Clubs is the best mode on fifa... if you play with good players who all play to win then it's is a real test of your ability on fifa and actually makes you better in head to head matches too.Fifa 13 clubs is bringing back the glory days of Fifa 09-10 ..... Fifa 11-12 were just stepping stones and actually had pretty shit gameplay.

They changed it up because people used to abuse that shit on FIFA 12, all they do is just kick the ball forward run past your defender and pass to the striker for a tap in, there's more to football than that lol.

With Reus i dribbled past Richards a couple times though, but that knock the ball forward thing is not as effective as FIFA 12.

I wasn't talking about knocking the ball forward and running past a defender. You won't get division 1 in FIFA doing just that. That never worked for me anyway.

What I meant was even if my attacker seems in front of a defender i cant just run, position the player and do a proper cross, let alone dribble.

It's probably the first touch system, which I think is completely shit. I'll get used to it, hopefully.

I personally love the first touch system because the way everyone just had 100% perfect control every time was stupid, especially with the amount of high through ball spamming so now im glad there's gonna be lots of miss control and i know i'll be decent at that system. Also most of the 5 star skillers have been demoted to 4 star. On FIFA 12, the only things that annoyed me were the high through balls because they glitched the defenders to sometimes just stop and the passes were so accurate each time, and the shitty unrealistic amount of skill moves. You don't see this shit in football, if you wanna do all that shit, play FIFA street. In real football, you get the odd pirouette, step overs, drag backs etc but not often you're gonna see some of those 5 star moves.

If FIFA 13 is more about playing 'realistic football' i'll certainly enjoy it more than FIFA 12, and they have to take some of the pace whoring out too. At least NIlmar has gone to Qatar! That's a start. And Agbonlahor has gone down to Silver. now it's just those overpaced Russian league strikers...

I hate your kind...... People who play with computer defense mostly those who do play with cpu defense also play with 5 defenders. There is no skill by playing that way, all of the best players in pro clubs detest those who do. I'm soo fucking glad you can filter who you play against now so I don't have to sit there and play a certain shitty way to beat those ridiculously fast computer defenders. They win the majority of balls in the air and just generally block your passes in the final third. Pro Clubs is the best mode on fifa... if you play with good players who all play to win then it's is a real test of your ability on fifa and actually makes you better in head to head matches too.Fifa 13 clubs is bringing back the glory days of Fifa 09-10 ..... Fifa 11-12 were just stepping stones and actually had pretty shit gameplay.

What, no it isn't!, it's much worse and harder with computer defence, they're a bunch of doughnuts who make a mistake every game. And we only play it because no one will be any... because what's the point in being any if you're going to play pro clubs, there's no point, you wanna be your own player. Sometimes one of us plays in defence but that's about it, we still smash a lot of teams and won about 14 cups all together.

The only thing what's ridiculous on Pro Clubs is the pro keepers, they are unbelievably overpowered, there's some of them what can save a power shot from 2 yards away in the top corner. It's ridiculously over powered it's not even funny, it's depressing thinking about it.

What, no it isn't!, it's much worse and harder with computer defence, they're a bunch of doughnuts who make a mistake every game. And we only play it because no one will be any... because what's the point in being any if you're going to play pro clubs, there's no point, you wanna be your own player. Sometimes one of us plays in defence but that's about it, we still smash a lot of teams and won about 14 cups all together.

The only thing what's ridiculous on Pro Clubs is the pro keepers, they are unbelievably overpowered, there's some of them what can save a power shot from 2 yards away in the top corner. It's ridiculously over powered it's not even funny, it's depressing thinking about it.

It takes more skill to control a defence against 6 players +. I know the computer defenders are absolute jokers at times but they defend very well in fixed positions and on the move. I know what you mean about the goalkeepers, everyone who plays moans about them they are just stupidly overpowered like you said. Fucking joke really. Apparently they have are semi assisted in Fifa 13 so they are not meant to be as ridiculously good as they are. You play a lot?

It takes more skill to control a defence against 6 players +. I know the computer defenders are absolute jokers at times but they defend very well in fixed positions and on the move. I know what you mean about the goalkeepers, everyone who plays moans about them they are just stupidly overpowered like you said. Fucking joke really. Apparently they have are semi assisted in Fifa 13 so they are not meant to be as ridiculously good as they are. You play a lot?

I've just got back to playing it again on Xbox with a few mates. I play Wednesdays and Thursdays mostly because they are my days off, but besides that don't play that much.

Only thing computer is annoying for is reading where you go, it's unrealistic, especially on the flanks, where as an any, a bit of ball control and you can lose him, because after all they're human. But computer are still terrible, I've played against them and i love it to be honest, just get a bit of pace and you can skin them, all i do is touch the ball and you're through they're that bad.