The FIFA Thread v2

Shane

after reading this: http://fifasoccerblog.com/blog/fifa-13-career-mode-the-new-features/

such nice additions to manger mode, love the manage a national team aswell, what an addition i've been waiting for. sounds epic Manager Mode Fifa 13!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forwad to seeing the differences between them... Some of the ratings are a bit of a joke, but i have never had any problems raping with chelsea previously, and consider i only ever play with them online i am sure i can get used to it... The addition of hazard in our team should make it much better. Hopefully some of those rating are bull shit though but whatever.

I recently found out about a new feature in FIFA 13 called 'Matchday'. It's basically the Live Season feature EA has but now it's free and built into the game. For those of you who don't know what it is, it takes the real life performances and form of the players and integrates it into the game.

So if, say Mata, is in great form in real life, a green upward arrow will be next to his overall with a number (1, 2, 3 etc) indicating how much his overall has been boosted in the game due to great form in real life. The opposite is also possible, with a decrease in overall due to poor form (The feature can also be turned off if you want).

This, for me, is a great feature which almost makes up for the bad ratings our players were given because they can always go up now. They're not fixed anymore. This is probably my most anticipated feature. :)

I recently found out about a new feature in FIFA 13 called 'Matchday'. It's basically the Live Season feature EA has but now it's free and built into the game. For those of you who don't know what it is, it takes the real life performances and form of the players and integrates it into the game.

So if, say Mata, is in great form in real life, a green upward arrow will be next to his overall with a number (1, 2, 3 etc) indicating how much his overall has been boosted in the game due to great form in real life. The opposite is also possible, with a decrease in overall due to poor form (The feature can also be turned off if you want).

This, for me, is a great feature which almost makes up for the bad ratings our players were given because they can always go up now. They're not fixed anymore. This is probably my most anticipated feature. :)

Good feature, but will they only use it for big teams or also for smaller ones?

'Adidas live season' has been around since FIFA 08. I think you may had to have paid for it before, or you only got one league free. Something like that.

It's only used for 4 leagues, the Premiership, La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga IIRC.

Well previously this feature was only for the top 4 leagues (EPL, La Liga, Seria A and Bundesliga). I assume a few more leagues will be incorporated this time around (like the French league, Portugese league, possibly Russian league etc) but mainly the top ones will be used because doing it for all leagues will be a lot of work (since it's updated weekly).

I always buy the live season for all leagues so nice that this year it's free. Sometimes backfired though as last season, Chelsea were so shit in the league, used to use them and it would be like Attack 80, Midfield 81, Defence 82 against Real Madrid who had just won like 8-0, Attack 88, Midfield 84, Defence 86 and you'd be like REALLY?! but it's good because the ratings get realistic and if you don't like Ivanovic being like 79, it's down to him to prove he's better than that. And a Torres hattrick would be nice to get him to like 88 for a week.... before he goes down to 81 probably the week after.

I always use Chelsea online, the reason being.. I want my opponent to lose against CHELSEA, I want him to have to 'watch' a Chelsea player celebrating on his screen with the club shirt. It's a psychological thing..

Same here.

Use other teams feels like cheating my belief.

I use Chelsea 99.5% of the time simply because i support Chelsea and yeah, it's nice to destroy real people with Chelsea. It's so hard though with Sturridge, Ramires being rather shit and JT, Ivanovic being so slow and Bosingwa and Cole being weak and shit at heading. In fact... My last 20 games have been awful...

http://www.ea.com/soccer/mgd/match-history/2269687158

FIFA 13 will be better... (i hope).