Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19
Followers 6

1 minute ago, Milan said:

Seriously wonder how the players feel about it. Take for example our new Germans, Timo and Kai. Both German national team regulars but suddenly they will be banned from playing for the country. And there are much, much more. I am really wondering how they actually feel about it.

Well they can always leave so I don't fele too bad for them. But what about our own academy kids like Mason or Reece. They always wanted to play for Chelsea specifically

• Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

I'd 8-2 be a Barca fan right now

Posted Images

In no shape or form will the big clubs land on top here, not when so much is against them, the fans are against it.......lets see what the players will roll out with cuz this shit just started, it will get alot worse before this is done for. FFS Chels you shouldnt had played ball here.

Edited by Atomiswave
  • Like 1

There is an argument for more European football, I feel.
It can be done, though I don't know how popular it might be.
I described a such scheme a few posts above.
However the Mac Guire-Spuds scheme as I call it is nothing like that. It's like the old movies with Norman Wisdom, with the rich kid taking the ball home. It's nonsense.

With the threat of the UEFA to ban players from ESL clubs at the Euros, here is how many players some of Europe's top nations would miss based on the last international break:

Germany: Werner, Rudiger, Ter Stegen, Havertz, Gundogan, Kroos

France: Lloris, Varane, Zouma, Lenglet, Mendy, Pogba, Kante, Ndombele, Rabiot, Lemar, Griezmann, Dembele, Martial, Giroud

England: D. Henderson, Walker, James, TAA, Tomori, Stones, Maguire, Trippier, J. Henderson, Dier, Shaw, Chilwell, Mount, Foden, Sterling, Kane, Greenwood, Abraham

Netherlands: Van Dijk, De Vrij, De Ligt, De Jong, Van De Beek, Wijnaldum, Bergwijn

Belgium: Courtois, Alderweireld, De Bruyne, Hazard, Lukaku, Carrasco

Croatia: Modric, Kovacic, Perisic, Brozovic, Vrsalijko, Rebic

Denmark: Kjaer, Christensen, Eriksen, Hobjerg, Braithwaite

Italy: Donnarumma, Romagnoli, Bonucci, Bastoni, Sensi, Jorginho, Barella, Emerson, Chiesa, Bernardeschi

Portugal: Dias, Cancelo, Fernandes, Ronaldo, Felix, Jota, Trincao, Leao

Spain: De Gea, Kepa, Azpilicueta, Torres, Garcia, Ramos, Nacho, Vasquez, Carvajal, Alba, Busquets, Koke, Saul, Thiago, Rodri, Pedri, Fati, Llorente, Morata, Asensio, Isco, Bellerin

Turkey: Demiral, Kabak, Calhanoglu

Scotland: Robertson, Tierney, Mc Tominay, Gilmour

Poland: Szczesny

Switzerland: Xhaka

Wales: Bale, Williams

Sweden: Ibrahimovic

Edited by Blues Forever

As an American, the idea of the goddamned government enacting laws to control sports leagues is madness. 

• Like 2

Maybe they will happen, maybe they will not but I wonder how many of the 12 clubs thought thoroughly of the consequences of forming the Super League.

Being thrown out of European and domestic competitions. Players banned from representing their country. Threat of players potentially walking away from their contract. There are probably more but those are already A LOT, HEAVY consequences to take. 

The next few days will be fucking fun!

If that happens, the players should just stage a protest against the club. Fucking joke if the dream just gets thrown out of the window because of greed!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe they will happen, maybe they will not but I wonder how many of the 12 clubs thought thoroughly of the consequences of forming the Super League.

Being thrown out of European and domestic competitions. Players banned from representing their country. Threat of players potentially walking away from their contract. There are probably more but those are already A LOT, HEAVY consequences to take. 

Part of me thinks surely the club is prepared for this shit storm. SURELY they must think they can avoid being kicked out of the domestic league and this year's CL? 

If they are prepared to accept shitstorm (kicked out of CL this season, severely punished by PL/kicked out of PL) just because of the dollar signs in their eyes then they are cunts

• Like 1

This is a fucking disgrace.

The more I read into this thr more I cannot believe what is happening.

I love Roman for everything he has done for us but this is a unforgivable.

I will no longer be bothering with this club that I love if this is to continue.

Heartbreaking.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

As an American, the idea of the goddamned government enacting laws to control sports leagues is madness. 

Well in Europe sports play far bigger role in society. American sports series aren't even real sports, they are just a tool for showing advertisements

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Well in Europe sports play far bigger role in society. American sports series aren't even real sports, they are just a tool for showing advertisements

Ridiculous. Your sports are every bit as plastered with adverts as ours are. The “sports play a bigger role in society” but is just laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Pizy said:

2 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Yeah, but to whom does football belong ? Rules ? Regulations ?
Here in Europe it does n't belong to the government either - except if you mean the era of Greek general Aslanidis (blessed his soul).

I am reading the Sports Minister is saying a fan buy out is a possibility. Anyone know exactly how such a thing could happen? Honestly, I think it would be great if the fan's owned the clubs, just don't see how that is possible or how such a thing could be run?

This is a stupid question but I'm confused about something. Having read so many things about it, has the Super League actually happened? I know they have announced the plans for it but on one hand, you have the government, the FAs trying to stop the Super League from happening and on the other hand, UEFA and FIFA already threatening bans on clubs and players.

If it hasn't happened, can FIFA and UEFA even impose bans on the players now? Can a club still make a u-turn? And as I said earlier, how is it even fair to punish the players when they were not even part of the (horrendous) decision making process to form the Super League? Why are they getting punished for someone else's greed!? Hell why are we fans even getting punished for someone else's greed!? Both the players and us fans are essentially on the same innocent boat!

Yeah, legally speaking, how on earth can UEFA or whoever ban players from competing when they themselves haven’t actually done anything wrong? Seems like an extremely easy legal battle for the players to win.