Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19
Followers 6

7 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

At least i think the only reason we are joining is FOMO, our owner didnt shoehorn this thing.

No more top 4 races, no difference whether finishing 2nd or 12th in the league.

I wish people would stop saying we are joining because of fear of missing out as if it means anything. Or makes it any better. We still joined it.

Bayern and Dortmund said no. PSG said no. Club had the chance to set a precedent as one of Europe’s leading clubs and we didnt. Nor did United, Arsenal and Liverpool who’s history is a huge part of English football. 

Mourinho apparently lost his job today because he refused to train the players because of Spurs decision to join the super league. 

Edited by OneMoSalah
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

Posted Images

Maybe it's a good idea, the European super league.
But to make it happen a total overhaul of the regional football systems is needed.
Thus 12 teams in the premier, playing from August to December and similarly for the other countries. The champions qualify for the superleague and the superleague will be 12 teams again, from January to June.
But as there are many countries in Europe, 45 infact, there will have to be four superleague divisions, say A-B-C and D. If the champions of Greece are in superleague division B, they have to win the division B to qualify for the A. But if they do that it means Greece qualifies for the division A, not the team. If Olympiakos win the superleague division B but in Greece Panathinaikos win the domestic championship, then Panathinaikos is the one who takes advantage.
It's kind of complicated, but what the "12" have in mind is with the present system there are many matches of low interest and they don't like this.

Least it gives us another excuse to love this man even more as we actually won the European Cup before this bollocks. 

Pg-10-cup1-getty.jpg?width=982&height=72

Edited by MoroccanBlue

This is like British electoral system.
FPTP versus the rest of the world.
I just think it can be debated, without the need for revolutions-disqualifications-sackings of Jose Mourinho.

The idea of the government getting involved with private businesses’ decision making is fucking ridiculous.

Especially this bumbling clown Boris who is simply trying to boost his political standing more as the “savior of football.” Right out of the Orange Bastard Trump’s playbook.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I wish people would stop saying we are joining because of fear of missing out as if it means anything. Or makes it any better. We still joined it.

Bayern and Dortmund said no. PSG said no. Club had the chance to set a precedent as one of Europe’s leading clubs and we didnt. Nor did United, Arsenal and Liverpool who’s history is a huge part of English football. 

Mourinho apparently lost his job today because he refused to train the players because of Spurs decision to join the super league. 

Yes we still joined and its a shame that we did but in my view its easier to jump ship if you joined because of fomo.

Well i would think United, Arsenal and Liverpool would not object seeing as their owners are all vice chairman at esl.

Feel a bit sorry for football managers being put up to defend the actions of their clubs when the chairmen and chief execs who made the decision are too cowardly to speak about it, face questions about it or defend their stance.

2 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Was Tuchel asked about in his Brighton press conference? Cant watch for another hour.

Tuchel says he found out Chelsea were signing up to the European Super League yesterday. Adds: “I’m here to be in the biggest competition... I trust my club to make the right decisions”

Edited by Beigl
Just now, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Was Tuchel asked about in his Brighton press conference? Cant watch for another hour.

Obviously.

Had to walk the diplomatic line about it instead of taking sides - said things like "we're employees of the club, we joined to play in the hardest competitions, trust the club to make the right decisions". Also said he found out about it yesterday and hope that it won't affect the players (yet to meet them since the news came out).

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Tuchel's job probably on the line so its hardly surprising he would speak positive about it. 

Not sure any manager of the 12 clubs would speak against it, TBH, now that it's out there. 

But it would be interesting to hear Klopp's thoughts later.