The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

13 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

pathetic and miserable lot

14 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Fucking vermin. I hope every scouse scum who deaththreated him gets the 'Vid and drowns in multiple litres of their own mucus. The worst of the English by miles. National disgrace that shithole is.

Void the season.

No title for those duncey twats.

12 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

If Liverpool have already won it time things are called off would it still count? Or would whole season be void?

If it is voided

NO TITLE

Right proper bovver boot to the collective scouse doggerts, roflmaoooooo.

13 hours ago, chippy said:

He has always been the same! The only tactics he has is to sit back, spoil and suck the life out of the oppositon and the game. So what if they won last niight. Liverpool had 71% of posession and 35 goal attempts and last night was just another game where by far the better team lost. I'd even support Spurs or West Ham over that football destroying bore.

No he has shown he can play attacking, his 13-14 played lovely stuff. Who cares about possession, it mounts to fuck all if you cant do magic with it. What we used to do and what they did is not easy. We did the same in CL, I loved it, im sure AM fans dont give a fuck, they won 4-2 and slapped them vermin out......astute, organized and full of passion, he is quality. In a do or die game I'll have him and Conte any day above others.

42 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

No he has shown he can play attacking, his 13-14 played lovely stuff. Who cares about possession, it mounts to fuck all if you cant do magic with it. What we used to do and what they did is not easy. We did the same in CL, I loved it, im sure AM fans dont give a fuck, they won 4-2 and slapped them vermin out......astute, organized and full of passion, he is quality. In a do or die game I'll have him and Conte any day above others.

It's hardly great management and tactics to see your team completely outplayed and rely on your opponants missing chance after chance and a keeper making crass errors. His only answer to teams who play proper/normal football is to rely on them fucking up. Fortunately, most top clubs dont't play this cowards football. If they did football would be about as  popular as Dressage.

11 minutes ago, chippy said:

It's hardly great management and tactics to see your team completely outplayed and rely on your opponants missing chance after chance and a keeper making crass errors. His only answer to teams who play proper/normal football is to rely on them fucking up. Fortunately, most top clubs dont't play this cowards football. If they did football would be about as  popular as Dressage.

Pool has the better and more balanced team, as I said this is not a super quality AM side, had he played open footy they would have gotten beaten im sure of it. Not great management? Its the definition of it, he played to his teams strenghts and wanted the win no matter the style. I loved every sec of it....but above others I loved their passion and the ability to never give up. 

wayyyyy too much Simeone hate on this thread

he is a superb manager, and is far more flexible than some are insinuating

he FUCKING SCHOOLED Klopp, who is the flavour of the past couple years for best gaffer on the planet

plus, he is fucking LION, his players will run through brick walls for him 

have to LOLOLOL at all this stick for rock-ribbed defensive footie and counter attacking

to shit all over that erases some of the greatest teams in history

for instance

1991–92 A.C. Milan (and tbh, AC Milan from 1986 to 1996)

Associazione Calcio Milan returned to the glorious days it had under Arrigo Sacchi, with Fabio Capello as new coach. Marco van Basten had his last season uninterrupted by injury, netting 25 goals, which was one of the main reasons Milan was able to overhaul Juventus. Milan ran through the season unbeaten, a rare feat in footballing history (equalled in Serie A only by Juventus in the 2011–12 season). Its run totalled 58 matches, encompassing the next season as well.

DnYMUvqW0AISQKQ.jpg

Goalkeepers
Italy Sebastiano Rossi
Italy Francesco Antonioli

Defenders
Italy Franco Baresi
Italy Alessandro Costacurta
Italy Filippo Galli
Italy Enzo Gambaro
Italy Paolo Maldini
Italy Mauro Tassotti

Midfielders
Italy Demetrio Albertini
Italy Carlo Ancelotti
Italy Roberto Donadoni
Italy Alberigo Evani
Italy Diego Fuser
Netherlands Ruud Gullit
Netherlands Frank Rijkaard

Forwards
Italy Giovanni Cornacchini
Italy Daniele Massaro
Italy Aldo Serena
Italy Marco Simone
Netherlands Marco van Basten

29e8cb71ed6b63ed63dd933d961ca51f.png

lol

3 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Pool has the better and more balanced team, as I said this is not a super quality AM side, had he played open footy they would have gotten beaten im sure of it. Not great management? Its the definition of it, he played to his teams strenghts and wanted the win no matter the style. I loved every sec of it....but above others I loved their passion and the ability to never give up. 

Again,he's been parking the bus playing this chickenshit football for years and years, so it has nothing to do will Liverpool having better players. One of the maiin reasons why i'm backing Frank 100% is  because he sends his team out to play without fear and have a go at the opposition. You can get lucky in Cup games playing Simeone's way, but you'll have a snowball in hell's chance of winning our league playing like that in this era.          

1 hour ago, chippy said:

Again,he's been parking the bus playing this chickenshit football for years and years, so it has nothing to do will Liverpool having better players. One of the maiin reasons why i'm backing Frank 100% is  because he sends his team out to play without fear and have a go at the opposition. You can get lucky in Cup games playing Simeone's way, but you'll have a snowball in hell's chance of winning our league playing like that in this era.          

Chickenshit footy? Why should he come out and play open football when he knows he does not have the players for it in such a game? Good on him schooling klopp, they scored 4 and went through, deservedly I might add.

Yes you wont be super successful playing this way in our League atm, but give him the tools and he can deliver. He is quality, theres a reason he is so loved at AM, they will run through walls for him, again he is proper quality. And yes if that was us we would likely play open footy vs pool, but we have the players for it somewhat, we would likely have lost I reckon.

On another note: Klopps bitterness after the game, if that was Mourinho he would be getting absolutely smashed on by everyone,  but Klopp gets a free pass for being a bitter prick once again. I so hope their title gets canceled, I dont see it but man I wont stop laughing...ever. Nahh they will somehow allow at least 3-4 games to be played so that matematically they have won it, fa will make sure it happens.  

7 hours ago, chippy said:

It's art of defending! Give him some credit. 

Simeone knocked out Pep's Bayern, Jose's Chelsea, Klopp's Liverpool and Luis Enrique's Barca. Only Ronaldo was his problem. 

5 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Simeone knocked out Pep's Bayern, Jose's Chelsea, Klopp's Liverpool and Luis Enrique's Barca. Only Ronaldo was his problem. 

Actually it was Bale. Ronaldo was completely neutralized by Granfranny and only scored a meaningless penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Actually it was Bale. Ronaldo was completely neutralized by Granfranny and only scored a meaningless penalty. 

You are speaking about 4:1 final yes. But Simeone got knocked out 5 times in CL knockout phase and opponent always had Ronaldo. Real Madrid four times and Juve last season and CR scored a lot of goals. 

46 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

He sure did....its not a one off or a fluke. He has done this plenty.....and this is not a great AM side, they were really good in 2014, that AM could defend and attack at will.

7 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

He sure did....its not a one off or a fluke. He has done this plenty.....and this is not a great AM side, they were really good in 2014, that AM could defend and attack at will.

Yes, that 2013/14 Atletico team was superb, damn shame they missed two great chances to beat Real in regular time in the CL final.

At least they won La Liga, which was the only time in the last 15 years it was not won by either Barca (10 times) or Real (4 times)

They were fucking loaded

Raúl García was a beast (his career best year with 17 goals) at AMF that season, as was Diego Costa (36 goals, by far his best year, he came to us the next season)

Saúl Ñíguez was out on loan at Rayo Vallecano (the only season he was not at AM) and became a starter next year at just 19yo

They even had an ageing Tiago (he was 32yo most of the season, the ages below show the oldest age that season, even if it was only for a couple games like Tiago) from our 2004/5 wonder team (who was sold bizarrely in summer 2005 and that made me cry, lolol)

Other than the backup keeper, Dani Aranzubia (born in September 1979, so missed it by around a year and 3.5 months, and he retired from football after this season at only 34) the entire team was Millennials

Trivia note, Dani Aranzubia, then on Deportivo de La Coruña, on February 20, 2011 became the first GK in La Liga history to score from open play (corner kick header to draw the game 1-1 in the 95th minute versus UD Almería.)

156bd08dcdea74e59a7e37065bf7ca55.png

15 hours ago, chippy said:

You have to respect that your opp can hurt you otherwise you will lose more than you win. In this season. We lost everytime we face against city, pool,united. We won against Spurs who had 0 striker at one game and got red card at another. 

We barely got through ucl knockout round in imo easy group, we finally met a better team than us and lost 3-0 at home.