The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

More needs to be said of the fact Valencia are still unbeaten this season. 

Their manager said near the start of the season that for his philosophy, it was so important to have young players (on loan) who felt frustrated or hopeless at their parent club - it creates a combo of young-dreamers who believe they can beat anyone (much easier to believe you can beat Barcelona when you're 21 than 31), it creates a group that don't consider themselves too wise to question the manager's methods, and it creates a group with something to prove to their parent clubs. 

I don't think this recruitment policy would work as well the 2nd or 3rd time round, but it's working this time, because the manager understands mentality rules all.

I wonder where Guedes will end up next summer. I don't think PSG will use him, I don't think Valencia can afford him, and so I imagine it'll be Atletico for him. They love to sign wingers who could be hit-or-miss before addressing their actually important areas (full backs), so it seems written in the stars. But following this season, will PSG let him leave cheap?

I'd most like to see him at Roma, but they've just spunked so much funds on forwards lately (to no avail, which is hard to stomach.)

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Sadly Monaco are a shadow of last season. And Psg got better. Would be realy interesting match otherwise.

When you have 2 kids, a wife in hospital and have been running around like a lunatic for 3 days anything is good:D

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

When you have 2 kids, a wife in hospital and have been running around like a lunatic for 3 days anything is good:D

Haha I guess it is. Football makes me calm too (unless chelsea plays :D )

Maybe it will end up as good match, never know.

Valencia remain unbeaten having faced Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid. This is almost a miracle when you consider half of their players haven't been great for longer than 1 season before.

I couldn't care less about our situation re: Salah, but for Roma whom I have a weird relationship with, I feel bitter. I think with him somehow in the squad this season, they'd actually win Serie A. They won't this season, or any season soon, I'm positive. But his output would simply propel them. They already have the statistically best defence; add that pace and a goal-every-2-or-3-games Salah was bringing, and easily, they carry themselves longer than Napoli can. 

Monchi is a brilliant man, brilliant at his job, but that was a blunder; trying to replace him with Schick & Defrel. Regardless of Liverpool or any other team calling, I wonder if there's a slither of a chance, that he would've stayed should Roma double his salary. When he brings as much as he brought to them, he'd have been worth it. Serie A can't cope with his type of profile.

As for him over here; since he left, we rapidly became a league in which pace wins, and strength comes as runner-up. Technique, team-play, tactics, they're all so far down the list. Salah only thrives here because the quality has dropped drastically. For us and our CL aspirations (I hope?), never in a million years would I want Salah lining up vs. Bayern, Juventus, either Madrid team. We made the right move, he made the right move, and there should only be love between both sides. He has nothing to prove to anyone; he's already shown Mourinho that his opinion is irrelevant. Now he's in his own; and he's a Liverpool-level player. Well done. To a degree.