The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

3 hours ago, Fernando said:

I still don't see it. 

Allegri is more of a case like Enrique. Coming to a well established team and do well. 

You can't take out his achievement as you can't do it for Pep as well. 

But when face with a real challenge as Pep got at City, the true version is shown. 

Would not mind seeing Allegri at Arsenal and see how he does. 

Wasnt allegri quite poor in last months in milan?

12 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Which part, no team has won back to back CL? that is fact, the CL started in 1993 and no team has won it back 2 back years. There have been repeated European Cup winners, last one happening under the great Milan side in the late 80s.

Or disputing that Real Madrid are not a great side? they have won 2 out of the last 3 CL, and if they win this one that would  make it 3 out of 4. magnificent accomplishment. 

Just because they changed the name it doesn't mean it is a new competition. It makes 0 sense.

Celta were very poor today, expected much more from them, they are simply too inconsistent, congrats to United tough, they were the much better team and deserved to win, they should have scored more with all the chances they created, it will be an interesting 2nd leg indeed, Celta have to win to go trough, but i just dont see it happening at all, United are very solid at the moment, we´ll see. Cheers

Why why didnt atletico kept going at real to get 3rd goal? It was clear Real players were not in game and would concede another sooner or later. Sure who knows how tired atletico players would be then, but still in miles better situation than now. 

3 goals in second half not impossible but I doubt it.

Must be nice to have two elite midfielders in Modric and Kroos in your team. Along with a mercurial talent like Isco. They were all amazing.

Benzema's dribble to set up the goal was a piece of art.

Don't want Real or any team (except for Chels) to win the CL twice in a row. That's boring. And another CL trophy for one of the super clubs would be horrible for football. I'm rooting for Buffon.

well done to Atletico for almost causing an upset, but the real damage was done in the first leg, i think this in the end of an era for Simeone at Atletico, he will rue missing a huge chance to win a Champions League with Atletico, lost 2 finals against Real Madrid and got knocked out by the same opposition in 14/15 and this season again, he really must hate the sight of them, jeez. all in all he has done wonders for Atletico, won everything except the Champions League and made them an elite team in the Champions League, all credit to him, he will go down as a legend for Atletico.

Real on the other hand have reached their 3rd final in 4 seasons, deservedly so, they were the much better team over 2 legs, the build up to Real madrid´s goal was simply great, all credit to Benzema for that piece of magic, it was that good, really Messi like. Real have a huge opportunity to defend their trophy, they face an amazing Juventus team who will give everything and will try to win their much desired Champions League title since they last won it in 1996 and will try to do much better than in 2015 when they lost to Barcelona. It will be on hell of a final for sure and not so one sided like the 2015 final i think, last time these 2 faced each other in a final was in 1998 with Real winning 1-0. Cheers