The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

11 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

That's the reason why geniuses like Bielsa never won a major trophy. 

Well they make their teams play well, but defence is as important as attack. You cant go all out attack and have zero energy after 65min.

I would say they are geniuses in a way, but at their own fault for picking such tactics. Games are won, not played.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Good let's hope city make it at least to the semis to keep the triple competition strain on them.

Even if City make it far in the competition with that kind of defending they will get trashed big time by much better opposition, Monaco could have scored more than 3 goals tonight, they were naive in their game plan, when you score 3 away goals in the Champions League you need to close down the game in order to not concede more goals, when leading 3-2 Monaco should have changed the game plan, they were too careless and allowed City to score 3 more goals. Now we´ll see what happens in the 2nd Leg, Monaco can still go through, but it wouldnt suprise me to see City go through.

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Good let's hope city make it at least to the semis to keep the triple competition strain on them.

Exactly.

Secondly, Monaco's early elimination would make it at least slightly more likely that their top players will be prepared to leave, thereby improving our chances if we hope to sign any of them.

Thirdly, more coefficient points for Manchester City can only help to protect England's four Champions League places. For clubs which hope to be regular participants in that competition, four places are better than three.

For all those reasons I was surprised to read posts from people who were actively wanting City to lose last night.

What an amazing game that City Monaco was. Credit to both shit goalkeepers and defences for making it a spectacle. :D Can't wait for the 2nd leg, Monaco will throw everything they have at Shitty and hopefully win. Btw can we sign Mbappe, Bernardo, Sidibe and Bakayoko pretty please? That Falcao guy looks great too :ph34r:

Brilliant to watch, also laughable listening to the commentators and how little they knew of Monaco and expected City to walk it, despite the result it was from that.

The media this morning waxing lyrical about the beautiful football City play:lol:

Monaco will win the second leg I think. City's defense is UTTER shit (Monaco's as well). We can easily expose them when they come to the Bridge. John Stones is a fucking joke and absolutely not a player for the level City want to be on, nor for the English national team.

Tonight Leicester City. To be honest, how beautiful it may have been them winning the prem last year, it showed what a laughing stock the English League and it's topclubs have become. It might have showed that it's still possible to win the League as a non-big club but still.

They're a tinpot club. Ranieri is not a top manager. Never was. Lovely guy but he will get them relegated if they go on like this. 
Still remember people here last summer wanting the club to sign Mahrez. I'm glad we didn't. Guy is a big one season wonder. Just like Jamie Vardy who could've played for Arsenal atm. Fair play for them to stay loyal to Ranieri but they will probably end up at West Bromwich next year if Leicester go down or not. Vardy wouldn't even start for Fleetwood Town in the current form he's in. Should rename his book to VARDY: ONE SEASON WONDER. 

Hope they win as I have nothing with or against Sevilla but think they'll get demolished with Sampaoli's endless pressing. If you care about England's coefficiency then I reckon you to don't watch this game lol.

6 hours ago, manpe said:

What an amazing game that City Monaco was. Credit to both shit goalkeepers and defences for making it a spectacle. :D Can't wait for the 2nd leg, Monaco will throw everything they have at Shitty and hopefully win. Btw can we sign Mbappe, Bernardo, Sidibe and Bakayoko pretty please? That Falcao guy looks great too :ph34r:

Actually apart from the strikers they were all not so great yesterday. They were unable to break free on the counter when they were needed most. The much heralded bakayok as bullied out of the game by yaya, sidibe was their worst defender got ripped a new one by Sane time and time again. That Monaco team might be full of great players but yesterday was surely no evidence for that.

Monaco will have to attack City in the 2nd leg and that will suit them. Even tho it is crazy to go out in a CL ko tie with SIX offensive players but if they do again they will score. A 5-3 sounds great but it is actually only better than a 1-0 when you score at least 4 in the second leg so I can see them going full pep mode again and us having such a spectacle all over. Defo gonna watch it