The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

7 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

I disagree, City didn't try, they came to watch, i'll give it to them, best seats in the arena.
Pellers is such a cunt, left speechless. Thank fuck that he's not coming to Chelsea, according to the media the legend was interested.

Leicester and Pool (as much as i hate them), they try, they give their all, i respect that.
We'll see how it goes. :)

Aguero, how overrated is he?!
If the stage is big in Europe, nothing, and that's not the first time. World class bottler!

We are crap. City, Arsenal, Chelsea, United.

Horrible weak league compare to that of La Liga.

4 hours ago, Essien19 said:

I'm not sure...

if it's only about money they could have gone to Russia, China or Paris. emoji4.png

Chelsea wasn't a nice place this season, a lot of shit went down, Atletico is in the CL final, fully competitive in the league and a guaranteed starter in Cl next season. The club's reputation is at an all time high, players getting their fair share of praise, good for the upcoming Euros, the bonding within their team is there to see, Spain vs. England (living) so on...

money can't buy you that!

Overall that's really bad, i would be unhappy and the travels from Costa speak for itself, imo.

Luis jumped ship at the right time, won the league in Spain, then England, maybe now the Cl, agent is doing his job properly.

And the money can't be that bad, Griez, Koke, Godin and some others seem quite happy.

Some people are so poor, all they have is money, Chelsea these days, wages. emoji19.png

Well, it's all good until last season, right? This season is one to forget. Don't think what happened in this only season, suddenly makes them 'miss' their Atletico days.

Yes, we heard something about Courtois want to leave to another club with CL football rumour, but it seems he will stay now. Never heard anything from Costa indicating he want to leave, if I am not missed anything.

12 minutes ago, Fernando said:

We are crap. City, Arsenal, Chelsea, United.

Horrible weak league compare to that of La Liga.

I partly agree with you.
Sure, the days of the world class players are gone, but seeing teams like Atletico turning it on, i do think the failure is rather on the managers.
In my view Arsenal have a solid foundation, but the guy in charge has clearly seen better days.
It's more or less a miracle how Van Gaal is still in the job and Pellers is a goner, which is fully justifiable, he did it again and downed the tools, very well done!

Turning to the clubs who are going to represent England next season:
Spuds fucked it up against BVB, but they didn't use the likes of Harry Kane, wait until next season. But yes, you can put the blame on Poch.
But i have hope, he's perhaps a bit overrated, but the squad is good and they'll buy.
Leicester is totally unpredictable, but Ranieri's no idiot, maybe it's game over against Bayern or Barca, but at least they go down with a fight and that's all what i'm asking.

The top clubs in Spain are better than their counter parts in England, but i still prefer the strength of the Premier League taking all clubs into consideration.

There has been a change in thinking in England, Klopp was only the first one of the new world class managers, so i'm optimistic for next season.
Yes, there's still a long way to go.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow Klopp can get one over on the Spaniards, about time that England put them to the sword.
Klopp can be all smiling and acting like your mate, but tomorrow he'll be up for it, they'll put up a hell of a fight, as already aforementioned, that's all what i want!
Here we have an agreement, because i share your affection for the German!

Off to Bluemoon, i'm having a hunch that their reactions could be fun. :)

9 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Well, it's all good until last season, right? This season is one to forget. Don't think what happened in this only season, suddenly makes them 'miss' their Atletico days.

Yes, we heard something about Courtois want to leave to another club with CL football rumour, but it seems he will stay now. Never heard anything from Costa indicating he want to leave, if I am not missed anything.

You've a point there, it's all smoke, nothing concrete.
Everyone has their own opinion and perception of things.
No problem, mate!

Goddamned Kompany. Heartbreaking. Sorry to say this on a Chelsea forum again, but I genuinely feel bad for him now. He works so fucking hard and it's just over and out. If he's forced to retire, I'd kick Wilmots out and make him NT manager in a heartbeat. 

46 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

Goddamned Kompany. Heartbreaking. Sorry to say this on a Chelsea forum again, but I genuinely feel bad for him now. He works so fucking hard and it's just over and out. If he's forced to retire, I'd kick Wilmots out and make him NT manager in a heartbeat. 

He's this generation's Ledley King. Brilliant defender but he'll continue to be plagued. Perhaps I hold King in a higher regard, but that's on a personal preference more than anything. But, like King, Kompany will go down as one of the potentially best who's career of injuries blighted an otherwise great record.

Just now, LDN Blue said:

He's this generation's Ledley King. Brilliant defender but he'll continue to be plagued. Perhaps I hold King in a higher regard, but that's on a personal preference more than anything. But, like King, Kompany will go down as one of the best who's career of injuries blighted an otherwise great record.

I just want him to get at least one more chance to go for an international cup. I don't think he'll get it though. That's why I want to see him lead the national team should he retire. Image they make it. I'd cry like a bitch. Best story ever. :P

Just now, johnnythefirst said:

I'd cry like a bitch. Best story ever.

Well I wouldn't go that far :lol:, but yeah it would be good for someone like that to get a taste of the big time glory. I don't think he'll see City win the CL tbh, who knows how patient Guardiola is willing to be with him. He trusts his players through injury, but Komany is someone he's not yet all too familiar with. They're already linked to buying Laporte, who himself is sidelined with a broken leg until October.

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

Well I wouldn't go that far :lol:, but yeah it would be good for someone like that to get a taste of the big time glory. I don't think he'll see City win the CL tbh, who knows how patient Guardiola is willing to be with him. He trusts his players through injury, but Komany is someone he's not yet all too familiar with. They're already linked to buying Laporte, who himself is sidelined with a broken leg until October.

I really think he's finished on the top level. I don't know how many years he's still under contract but they can't risk losing a defender after 5 minutes in every big match... 

3 minutes ago, johnnythefirst said:

I really think he's finished on the top level. I don't know how many years he's still under contract but they can't risk losing a defender after 5 minutes in every big match... 

Incredible to think the sums they've spent on the calibre of player and they still can't fill in for him. Mangala, Otamendi, Savic, Nastasic, Boateng, Demichelis etc 

We've wasted our fair share of talent, but that's a list of centre backs alone :lol: 

6 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Incredible to think the sums they've spent on the calibre of player and they still can't fill in for him. Mangala, Otamendi, Savic, Nastasic, Boateng, Demichelis etc 

We've wasted our fair share of talent, but that's a list of centre backs alone :lol: 

Don't hear them moaning because they let go Boateng.
But hey, they buy so many expensive players, fans are used to this, lol.