The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I reckon, though, they will win 1-0 or 2-1 which will not be enough. They always screw up in the first leg / part of the competition and have to chase the scoreline in the second part. And kinda always they are out by just 1 goal :D

Thats why they'll go through.Tradition to go out in last 16 lol..hope then false hope

Utd should be ashamed. The difference between the two teams in terms of quality is gigantic. PSV's first XI players aren't even good enough to be squad players at a top side. They lost Depay and Wijnaldum in the summer as well. Willems isn't even playing. Same goes for Lestienne. That's their left flank.

Massive credit to PSV. Talk about punching above your weight.

United's last 8 results in all competitions:

1-1

0-0

0-0

0-0

1-0

2-0

2-1

0-0

I cringe at the type of football they play. Very slow, annoying, no wingplay, no chances created... I know we are in a bad time but I wouldn't want our better times to be like that.

Chelsea v Porto, Olympiacos v Arsenal and Wolfsburg v Man United in two week's time. Should be fun.

We only need a draw to qualify. Arsenal must win by at least 2 goals OR a 1 goal margin of 3-2 or higher to go through. United have to win to guarantee qualification. Otherwise, they will have to rely on the result in PSV v CSKA Moscow.

City, on the other hand, look set to finish second in the group. Juventus only need 1 point against Sevilla to seal first place.

English teams will always suffer in Europe. Its the price for having too many games and a waaay too competitive league...

What games? FA Cup hasn't started so you're talking about League + League Cup games, of which there have been two I think. Too competitive doesn't make sense either. Everyone has a hard time winning bar Barca, Real, Bayern (and PSG). And even they often experience a tough time over the full 90 min but mask it with their firepower as they are capable of scoring at any time and score 3 goals in the space of 15-20 min. They trash teams in the CL as well.

English teams suffer because they're normal teams nowadays, capable of winning or losing any game. Which wasn't the case in 04-09.

What games? FA Cup hasn't started so you're talking about League + League Cup games, of which there have been two I think. Too competitive doesn't make sense either. Everyone has a hard time winning bar Barca, Real, Bayern (and PSG). And even they often experience a tough time over the full 90 min but mask it with their firepower as they are capable of scoring at any time and score 3 goals in the space of 15-20 min. They trash teams in the CL as well.

English teams suffer because they're normal teams nowadays, capable of winning or losing any game. Which wasn't the case in 04-09.

:facepalm: