The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Oooh, Bayern-Barca is a doozy. Let's see how Guardiola does the second time he faces a top tier team in the CL with Bayern. And he's facing Messi, oooh I'm excited. I want Barca to win, mostly cause I like Messi.

Barcelona should now be the overall favorites to win it...

With both madrid and munich injury riddled. If both spanish teams advance, I don't see how Real without modric can beat barcelona...

Morata dispossess Varane, ref gives nothing. 5 seconds later Varane fouls Morata in the box, ref decides to go back and give a foul so he does not have to make a call about the obvious pen.

Take a bow Martin Atkinson :clap:

They play terribly for 30 min, yet they score. Juve made a mistake and were immediately punished. Changed the game. Great first half. I don't think this will end well for Juve though.

Benzema and Modric are missed terribly missed. No one holds the ball as well them. Neither Ronaldo or Bale can play with their back to goal, holding the ball and bring others into play like Benz. Not to mention how he constantly creates space for them.

Ronaldo is a phenomenon. He'll score against any opponent, at any time.

I love Pirlo to bits, he defines football. But seeing a player literally walk for 45 min... that's not of this age. Ramos has been terrible.

That was a brilliant match. Deserving of a CL semi final. And a very much deserved result for Juve who were the better side for most of the match and perhaps were unlucky not to get a third towards the end. But 2-1 sets up the second leg brilliantly.

Indeed. I thought Real smelled blood and would score in the 2nd half. But Juve did really well. Even Pirlo upped the energy level in the 2nd half.

I don't think they'll win at the Bernabeu so if they could manage a draw... We'll see. Great game btw. So many errors, made the game fun.