The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Europe's Top 3 showed again its level above everyone else.

In the last 4 seasons, Bayern and Real with 4 semi finals, Barcelona with 3. Only Chelsea (twice), Atletico, Dortmund and Juvenus got into the semi finals in those seasons.

Those 3 teams set the bar very high, Chelsea is one of the few clubs who should realistically hope to reach this bar and also stay there, along with PSG, United and City. For Atletico and Juventus it will be harder but maybe possible.

Objectively, i think we are in the best situation out of all of those teams. We have the manager, the winning mentality and the squad that needs a few more players to be more complete.

For now, i think Bayern and Barcelona are the best, Real are just slightly behind imo even with full squad.

Or it has to do with them having probably the top 20 players in the world in their team, in some case even some of the best in their position...

Neuer, Lahm, Bastian, Martinez,Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Muller, Pique, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Alba, Marcelo, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Ramos, Varane and others. We should be there too if Jose didn't choose to be negative against 10 men PSG as our starting 11 can compete with anyone on anyday.

We don't need a 'few' more players to compete, which few players would that be that is affordable/possible to get?

Or it has to do with them having probably the top 20 players in the world in their team, in some case even some of the best in their position...

Neuer, Lahm, Bastian, Martinez,Gotze, Robben, Ribery, Muller, Pique, Iniesta, Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Alba, Marcelo, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Modric, Ramos, Varane and others. We should be there too if Jose didn't choose to be negative against 10 men PSG as our starting 11 can compete with anyone on anyday.

We don't need a 'few' more players to compete, which few players would that be that is affordable/possible to get?

Why "or"? off course the reason they are the best is because of their players. I didnt say its not the reason.

We could've done better this season against PSG, no question about that, and we could've given a much better fight to Barca than PSG. But, to be there every year, to put ourselves right next Barca, Real and Bayern in terms of squad I think we have to bring a few more clinical signings like Mourinho said last summer. Right now our first 11 contains Oscar/Ramires in central midfield and Cahill in CB, for me they arent good enough. Barca, Real and Bayern dont have those kind of players in their line up.

Which players i would look at? first of all a CM - Koke, Pogba, Gundogan. Than a CB - doesnt have to be a well known superstar, and than maybe another AM - Fekir, Reus.

Btw, when you look at the 3 clubs who get to the semi-finals every year - Barcelona, Bayern and Real Madrid, the fact is that none of those teams needs to worry about FFP. Man United the same.

The question is, how could we compete with those clubs in the long term?

i mean right now we run a policy of sell one-buy one, but in the end our squad should be "complete", stable, and than the players will suffer from aging, and by than we wouldnt be able to sell those players for big money.. so ok maybe we could do another overhaul next time after Hazard-Cesc-Costa-Matic-Courtois team is aging, but what about the next-next time and the one after that? how can we keep competing with those 4 clubs when their income is a lot bigger?

The club probably have a plan, is the plan is to slowely become a club with the same income as Barcelona and Man United?

I hate every team left, so I don't give a shit anymore.

Basically this. I'm struggling for who I actually want to win this competition.

Hate Madrid and their players and would rather eat my own shite than to see them win the CL twice in a row and hear Ronaldo's horrific gorilla roar whilst doing nothing the entire game but score one penalty.

I don't particularly hate Bayern but I hate their cunty little arsehole of a manager and would be heartbroken if that tiki taka twat wins a CL title before Mourinho.

Hate 3/4 of Barca's players and would be gutted to see the flopping cunt that is Neymar lift the CL trophy before Hazard.

Then there's Juve, who more than likely despite who they draw in the Semi's are going to bottle it completely.

Tough one.

bayern, barca and RM - truly are the big 3.

dont want RM to defend their title. dont give juve a chance over 2 legs against any of these. barca have always been a club i disliked but i dont want pep to win a CL either. :(

Barca to win it, can't stand Pep or nasty Real Madrid. Juve has no chance.

Plus Juve play like we do when we play ugly....all of the time.

I think Barca deserve to win it really. They've played the best football this year, and so they bloody should do considering they have Suarez-Messi-Neymar as a front 3...

Did Atletico even have a chance in both legs? Real played really well and deserved to advance, and it would have been easier if they didn't miss so many clear chances.

They came on strong at end of first leg,nearly scored and had alot of pressure . Would of happened again , rm were tiring before the red

How is he a dick? Don't get this perception people have of him. So happy he scored, mad Real won, but happy for him.

It's just his face and expressions when he scores sometimes, it's a bit too in everyone's face i feel :ph34r: