The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

I've been very impressed by Sevilla. In fact, they always impress me when I see them. They're so versatile in their football. A dynamic outfit and strong on both ends. Should've been ahead by a couple of goals, but 2-1 is not too bad. I can see them beating Zenit away. It would be a shame if they went out.

Btw, a Benitez side putting a (very) attacking display in an away game.. Never thought I'd see that happen. Wolfsburg were terrible, constantly giving the ball away. You're always going to lose if you're so incredibly sloppy on the ball. And Knoche makes Terry look like a speedster.

Some football fans like to throw dirt at Serie A, but the level of Bundesliga, Bayern aside is atrocious. This is supposed to be the 2nd best team in that league.

I already knew this after all the times Man utd and Chelsea killed Schalke and Leverkusen. They all play so open which is suicidal in Europe.

Wow, things at Bayern Munich are going from bad to worse! Hollywood FC just couldn't stay away from the headlines i suppose.

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/588793933557280768

https://twitter.com/m_christenson/status/588794258217381888

And apparently, when Mehdi Benatia got injured, Pep Guardiola did this...

https://twitter.com/chelstransfer/status/588801490166382592

Scenes!

Classy guy...

Imagine the outrage if José would do anything similair...

I've been very impressed by Sevilla. In fact, they always impress me when I see them. They're so versatile in their football. A dynamic outfit and strong on both ends. Should've been ahead by a couple of goals, but 2-1 is not too bad. I can see them beating Zenit away. It would be a shame if they went out.

Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico. All incredibly strong at home and play with a lot of intensity. Great atmospheres too. I really enjoy watching them and would definitely not want to play away (especially) to any of them.

Btw, a Benitez side putting a (very) attacking display in a away game.. Never thought I'd see that happen. Wolfsburg were terrible, constantly giving the ball away. You're always going to lose if you're so incredibly sloppy on the ball. And Knoche makes Terry look like a speedster.

Benitez really loves European competitions, doesn't he? Good/great in Europe, average in the league.

Lmaoo, but its known that Benitez has his teams prepare for weeks, often ignoring the upcoming league games, so he can win European matches.

Goes to show why his teams typically do well in European competitions.

Sevilla did very good in the end, but let's not forget AVB had a depleted squad. Read this if you don't know what I am talking about.

http://news.yahoo.com/sevilla-face-depleted-zenit-europa-league-quarters-031637965--sow.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

With this being said, Zenit came very close today considering it was away game and the fact they didn't have their main player. I think they will go through convincingly at Russia.

Sevilla, Valencia, Atletico. All incredibly strong at home and play with a lot of intensity. Great atmosphere too. I really enjoy watching them and would definitely not want to play away (especially) to any of them.

Very true. I also rate Villarreal, though they're a more 'typically Spanish' side (going through a rough spell at the moment though). Also capable of causing any side problems when they're in good form. It's a shame Sevilla can't play in the CL. Emery receives very little praise, even though he's been doing a great job for a multitude of years.

I look forward to see Valencia in the CL, hopefully they can keep majority of their group. Improve even. I would love to see them get Jackson Martinez for example. I think he would be perfect for them.

Benitez really loves European competitions, doesn't he? Good/great in Europe, average in the league.

Winning the EL this year would make it 3 UEFA Cups/ELs and 1 CL. That's quite incredible. I think City will go for him.

I don't think any manager could make them challenge for the title next season tbh. Very much on the decline and they seem to be planning quite the changes next season.

I don't quite agree that City are on the decline. They still have a good squad but the problem is, they haven't really freshened it up properly. It's gone stale there. 2-3 quality signings this summer plus getting a proper manager and they would be up there challenging again.

Very true. I also rate Villarreal, though they're a more 'typically Spanish' side (going through a rough spell at the moment though). Also capable of causing any side problems when they're in good form. It's a shame Sevilla can't play in the CL. Emery receives very little praise, even though he's been doing a great job for a multitude of years. I look forward to see Valencia in the CL, hopefully they can keep majority of their group. Improve even. I would love to see them get Jackson Martinez for example. I think he would be perfect for them.

Villarreal's counter attacking is particularly impressive. So much pace in their front line (hopefully they can keep hold of Vietto) and they have a tactically astute manager too, drawing away to Valencia and Real Madrid, beating Atleti and narrowly losing to Barca.

And wouldn't Sevilla play in the CL if they won the EL? It'd be great to see Real, Barca, Atleti, Valencia and Sevilla all involved in the competition.