The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Masterclass of a performance from monaco. This is counter attacking football done right. If we play like this in big games, more often than not, majority of those draws we have been having would be 3 pts and no one would complain. Even their game management has been excellent i,e keeping the ball well high up the pitch and running down the clock.

I can tell you quite safely that their coach, Leonardo Jardim, is a defensive mastermind. Might even be better than José in that aspect. The way he sets up his team is really really solid and he can make knobheads look like great defenders (Rojo is an example, Maurício too - one looked like shit after he left and Rojo you can see what he does at United). Very underrated coach.

Such a shame he left Sporting, I'd love if he had stayed.

As I was typing they scored on another great counter. Amazing performance.

Oh yeah? So we're already in the QFs? Sweet.

Sorry, I'm confident we can win. How foolish of me.

I told a few of my friends Monaco could beat Arsenal. They laughed, now I am. 1 goal allowed in the group stage, they are a good defensive team. Hope they advance.

EPL the best league in the world my ass,

If you take CFC out EPL is gone.

Once upon a time Pool was winning them all. When they failed to win a championship, Villa took the european cup easy.

Those were lean years for Chelsea, but now there is no overall quality.

City are mickey mouse champions.

At least we won it in 2012 and last year it was "one bridge to far".

EPL the best league in the world my ass,

We can control this league for years if we'll continue to be smart. More squad depth and City cant see us. Maybe when we'll really rule the league, other teams such as City and Arsenal will finaly push to be better, like whats happend in Mou's first spell at the club, without our domination back than other teams like United, Liverpool and Arsenal wouldnt do so much to improve. right now City and Arsenal are laughable when it comes to tactics, although its great to see and i hope it continues forever.