The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Yeah I was half-watching their game with Juventus today. I hope the rumours of Godin going to Manchester United aren't true, he's a vital part of that back-line and they can't afford such a setback.

Godin is definitely very important for them but the only person who is irreplaceable is Simeone. They lost 3 of their best players to us but are still an excellent side. Liverpool lose 1 player and become completely tosh. The difference between Simeone and Rodgers is staggering.

Godin is definitely very important for them but the only person who is irreplaceable is Simeone. They lost 3 of their best players to us but are still an excellent side. Liverpool lose 1 player and become completely tosh. The difference between Simeone and Rodgers is staggering.

True. Well if rumours are to believed (Guillem), Simeone is learning English and has apparently been touted to take over Manchester City post-Pellgrini

Monaco have been woeful tbh domestically but they've managed to grind 1-0 results out against Benfica & Leverkusen, who aren't very good opposition. They have a very good defense, that's the thing that makes them good. They've probably only conceded 1 goal the entire group, probably the least. Lol just loving all the Arsenal tweets praying Arsenal get Monaco in the 2nd round, just hoping Monaco don't make it easy for Arsenal if they are drawn.

they conceded only one goal in 6 games. Not sure how that can be woeful. Also, Leverkusen can be very hard opponent if they're in the mood. And I'm really not sure that Arsenal can easily win Monaco. But, we'll see.

I believe they need a scoring draw, if CSKA lose to Bayern Munich.

What if 1-1 happens? I think that Roma is second then...

What if 1-1 happens? I think that Roma is second then...

if Moscow lose to Bayern, a score draw will do for Manuel Pellegrini's men. If CSKA beat Bayern, City are out regardless of their result

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/11282527/Champions-League-2014-What-teams-need-to-do-in-final-group-games.html

Not sure but I think the maths would favour Manchester City because of their away goal record? Lol

Is anyone here afraid of Basel? We may just very well be drawn with them, after all they are our bogey team in Europe.

They're a tricky side, but I wouldn't be mad with that draw. We're used to them and should have no problem over two legs.

Biggest smile came across my face last night when the final whistle went in that Liverpool game. After Gerrard equalized it was so fucking cringe worthy to hear Townsend scream every second Liverpool had a chance- The cutting of the camera to the Liverpool flag fluttering above the stand and then the hearing the sadness in the voices of all the panel.

Leave the big leagues to the big lads.

Biggest smile came across my face last night when the final whistle went in that Liverpool game. After Gerrard equalized it was so fucking cringe worthy to hear Townsend scream every second Liverpool had a chance- The cutting of the camera to the Liverpool flag fluttering above the stand and then the hearing the sadness in the voices of all the panel.

Leave the big leagues to the big lads.

The commentary had me seething it was ridiculously biased. It was embarrassing how they can get away with it.

It made me laugh when they were trying to justify what Markovic done, he blatantly looked behind him and knew exactly what he was doing. Even if he didn't touch the player (which he clearly did) the intent was there.

I didnt realise he was ..

Always criticizing us when he's doing punditry. Very pro-Liverpool, though..

Atletico are IMO the best defensive team in the world, unbelievably good at home and Simeone is tactically perfect in nearly every big game, outdoing even Mourinho. How are they only 6th favourite for the CL?

They could really use without the dirty tricks, though. Makes it impossible to be happy for them.

Will City advance if they draw with Roma? (With Bayern beating CSKA) They have the best gd of the 3 sides with 5 points now..

If CSKA lose, a 0-0 draw sends Roma through. Any other draw means City qualify.

If CSKA draw, however, any draw between City and Roma, regardless of the score, and Roma go through.