The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Hope Neuer doesn't win the Ballon D'or, it'd be an insult to greats like Lev Yashin. The only damn keeper to win the Balon D'or!

Why? Neuer was a fucking beast this year, and who besides him should be nominated? Suarez wasn't even shortlisted. I think he's just there for the same reason names like Xavi, Iniesta, etc were there. Messi and Ronaldo are the only ones in contention.

Why? Neuer was a fucking beast this year, and who besides him should be nominated? Suarez wasn't even shortlisted. I think he's just there for the same reason names like Xavi, Iniesta, etc were there. Messi and Ronaldo are the only ones in contention.

WTF, Neuer wasn't even the best GK in the WC. Keylor Navas was far better than him. Neuer did not have the most amount of clean sheets either. On what basis was he nominated for Ballon D'Or? Look at this:

http://static.sportskeeda.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/xwcek6q-2094158.png

Shall I name you who else should've been shortlisted? Robben, Zlatan, Suarez.

If Neuer is nominated for Ballon D'or, then why isn't our Courtois nominated? Conceded far less goals for Atletico, far less in the Champions league and even conceded less open play goals at the WC (counted up to Quarters).

Because in the real world Neuer is on a completely different level to any keeper in the world at the moment.

I never know what the criteria is for the Ballon D'or. If it is for the best player regardless of what his team won or how many he scored but based purely and completely on ability then Messi should have won the past 5 or 6 and should pick up this one as well. But I guess that doesn't 'sell'.

Because in the real world Neuer is on a completely different level to any keeper in the world at the moment.

I never know what the criteria is for the Ballon D'or. If it is for the best player regardless of what his team won or how many he scored but based purely and completely on ability then Messi should have won the past 5 or 6 and should pick up this one as well. But I guess that doesn't 'sell'.

What do you mean by "different level to any keeper"? Are you talking about sweeper keeper styled play?

What do you mean by "different level to any keeper"? Are you talking about sweeper keeper styled play?

That's obviously a huge bonus because he has incredible technical ability and reading of the game for a goalkeeper, but even if you take his keeping skills alone, he's the best in the world.

That's obviously a huge bonus because he incredible technical ability and reading of the game for a game, but even if you take his keeping skills alone, he's the best in the world.

But that only works because Neuer this year had incredible luck. Usually he has 2 or 3 mega blunders that cost a goal per season because of his advantageous style of play.

Being a regular observer of both IMO there are only a few major differences in quality between our own Tibo and Neuer. First obviously Neuer is more prepared to storm out of his goal for long balls and as a consequence often is found further up. But if that is a necessary advantage I don't know because not everytime he comes out of his goal is really necessary + I don't remember Tibo conceding once only because he did not chase a long ball....

Secondly Neuer usually parries over the bar or around the post instead of letting it bounce just in front of him. He concedes more corners but is not forced to further saves.

In terms of reflexes and box control, Tibo is even a tad better than Neuer. Though Neuer's kicking and ability on the ballin general is better.

The season he has had would make him deserve that Ballon D'or. We all know it will be Ronaldo. But what is that award still worth, when the player who actually had the best season of all is not even nominated.

But that only works because Neuer this year had incredible luck. Usually he has 2 or 3 mega blunders that cost a goal per season because of his advantageous style of play.

Is it luck or has he improved and perfected his decision making?

Judging GKs purely on clean sheets. :clown: I'll be the first to say that Neuer looks like the type of man that would have graduated from the Hitler Youth into the Schutzstaffel but he is hands down the best GK in the past several years.

i said to my wife he does look like the prototype Hitler youth ,, In our penalty shoot out against them he was Arrogance

personified .. It just made our win 10000% better ,, He is a great keeper however but in 5 years I believe Courtois will be as good

i said to my wife he does look like the prototype Hitler youth ,, In our penalty shoot out against them he was Arrogance

personified .. It just made our win 10000% better ,, He is a great keeper however but in 5 years I believe Courtois will be as good

Haha, what a coincidence. I thought the exact same thing to myself. I remember it very clearly. I was so sick with the common cold I was wrapped in several layers of blankets. The cold winter sun almost blocked the TV with glare but I could still make out the absolute arrogance of his body language. When Didier finally put the finally in, I screamed "fuck you Nazi bastards" or another similar offensive statement. It really hurt my throat.

For me Courtois is already better. And I don't say that only for be a Chelsea fan.