The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Be interesting to see us against Madrid, we both use similar counter-attacking tactics, but they have better players and would be favourites, so may feel the onus is on them

They won't counter attack on us though. (Of course IF we make it). They will try (and will) dominate possession.

Pepe is their best CB. Hopefully he gets a red card or something.

But seriously though, how overrated is Guardiola? Can you imagine Jose, Carlo, Klopp, Simeone or Conte losing a CL semi-final 3-0 at home with THAT Bayern squad? Nice to see his boring, monotonous tiki-taka exposed on the biggest stage.

there seems to be a general idea in this forum that Real have a weak defence

which could not be any further from the truth

if we get past Atletico, i'm afraid we have very little chance of winning this thing, but then again that's exactly how we like it

if we get past Atletico, i'm afraid we have very little chance of winning this thing, but then again that's exactly how we like it

The general idea is that they don't have a good balance, They struggle against team who play physicall football, against team like Bayern who like to play possesion football, they tend flourish

A final is a 50/50 game. Anything can happen. Just need to get there, one game at a time.

they don't have a weak defense, they have a shaky defense at moments with two short-tempered players that are really unpredictable and they'll feel the loss of Alonso.

Not that Bayern's defense is any better - it's worse imo - but RM don't have an impressive defense by any means. Not bad, I agree with you, but far from the best. It doesn't come anywhere close to ours.