The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

mourinho said a "couple of weeks" which actually would be about the the time of the tie itself. might be touch and go.

I didn't realize Jose said this. I hope we get Hazard back. Sorry, but we ain't winning shit w/out him playing for us.

Jose was guessing after the game. The scan would have been today. I read Hazard told a Belgian paper yesterday that he expects to be fit for the weekend. I guess we'll have to wait for Jose's PC for confirmation.

ATM and chelsea will be set up pretty similar. the match will come down to a moment of magic/set-piece.

bayern will be a story of them trying to outplay us and we trying to counter them. but defensively bayern are way better than RM. infact its not even a contest in that way. the fact that RM have carvajal as their LB should give the likes of hazard/schurrle the confidence of having a jolly time.

True about ATM, they are pretty similar to us.

Isn't Carvajal a RB? is Marcelo injured? what about Coentrao though?

Not comparing the two games, just pointing out how we failed to cope with their style. That was the only game this season where we really got dominated.

Correct.

Not comparing the two games, just pointing out how we failed to cope with their style. That was the only game this season where we really got dominated.

thats the point,you cant have a pre-season game as a yard stick.

moreover their style in NOTHING like the time we played each other. ISCO and OZIL were their main man in that match, both of them would not get much of a part to play. we definitely wont have mvg-lamps as our pivot with essien coming on in the 2nd half.

like i said, u simply CAN NOT use that match as an argument.

ps - the match where we were truly outplayed was man city fa cup.

I lost interest when I saw Liverpool in 7th place in Europe! :P

Well I don't know ...

I have my suspicions but, who knows of any better ?

The obviously suspect figure is that of Galata Saray, 1648. Chelsea is 292 above the Turks. Surely we are above them but by that much ? A 292 point difference makes them a pub team.

I don't know how they work. I 'd be interested if there is someone better.

i meant RB. my bad. just meant to say that carvajal will be up against hazard/schurlle.

Hopefully Hazard. I thought Carvajal was really good at the start of the season but he's kinda shaky at the back.

When I'm starting to think about it Real really wouldn't be THAT bad, just have a trauma from pre-season..

Well I don't know ...

I have my suspicions but, who knows of any better ?

The obviously suspect figure is that of Galata Saray, 1648. Chelsea is 292 above the Turks. Surely we are above them but by that much ? A 292 point difference makes them a pub team.

I don't know how they work. I 'd be interested if there is someone better.

I think those scores depend solely on the results they've had this season and against whom so there is no account of the style, the squad, the manager...etc.

Personally, I'll stick to watching and making my own judgement :P

I think those scores depend solely on the results they've had this season and against whom so there is no account of the style, the squad, the manager...etc.

Personally, I'll stick to watching and making my own judgement :P

Hmmm - they show Greece exactly level with Ivory Coast.

But Ivory have the two Toures plus Didier who is always a force plus Kalou. Our best is the injured Mitroglou then you have to go for Karagounis who is a 1998 player.

FIFA's publications are likewise suspect.

There must be someone more accurate. There used to be one from Scotland ...

Fuck, all three remaining teams are the hardest out of the last 8 teams.

I'll rather face Real madrid before bayern and lastly athletico.

Mourinho could tactically outwit Ancelloti.

Bayern don't look as strong as last season but I hate seeing mourinho vs pep.

The worst tie will be athletico who play physical counter attacking football, we have terrible finishers and they have a solid defence + Courtois, there coach is a motivational one like jose and lifts the spirit of his players too. They are better than us at our own style.

But we still have to beat the best to win, so come on chelsea

Can Tony Pulis get a shout out? I know he coaches Palace, but let's be real they were real relegation candidates & it is starting to look he saved their ass

Dude, Pullis thing is only for people who think Premier League is center of world football. For me saving Crystal Palace from relegation is really an achievement, but to even compare Pullis with what Simeone is doing with Atlético this season is nonsense talk.