The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Any of Utd, Dortmund, Barca and PSG would be a decent draw IMO. That said, I'd actually quite like to play Bayern. If we lose, so be it - it is a good experience for the team and we get to see where they really are. We would also then be out of the CL at an earlyish stage and can just focus on the league from then until the end of the season. If we win, it's a huge upset (as far as most football fans are concerned) and would be fantastic for this team. The team I'd least like to draw would be Real...

You just have to love Moyes. The night they "overcome" Olympiakos and for the first time in ages that United put in a half decent performance against the weakest team in the competition he goes and claims they can win the whole damn thing. Is that bullish or just one more step towards mental illness.

The thing with United is that their team might suck, but RVP is bound to score on us as is Chica and we don't really score that much....

I can imagine a game where we dominate in everything, shots, shots on goal, possession and still potentially lose because of 1-2 goals from RVP out of nothing.

The thing with United is that their team might suck, but RVP is bound to score on us as is Chica and we don't really score that much....

I can imagine a game where we dominate in everything, shots, shots on goal, possession and still potentially lose because of 1-2 goals from RVP out of nothing.

dont forget the offside goals hhe scored for the arse against us

You just have to love Moyes. The night they "overcome" Olympiakos and for the first time in ages that United put in a half decent performance against the weakest team in the competition he goes and claims they can win the whole damn thing. Is that bullish or just one more step towards mental illness.

he has learned how to shout like a Turk

Is it a wind up, that he hadn't he has been beyond woeful in so many games. I'm not getting into it's boring. In my opinion he has been so inconsistent.

Anyway back to topic. I want Utd and first leg at Bridge and second at Old Trafford. I can see another Jose knees slide right in front of Moyes's face :)

Not really. Came in at short notice at an old age to a league he's never played in before and has 10 goals in 30 games in all competitions. Don't see how tats been woeful.

I want them to get Bayern.

Would love to see their backup LB and that idiot Rafael who looks like getting a red card every game go up against Ribery, Robben, Götze etc.

The mighty Phil Jones who United fans seem to think is world class got skinned by an Olymiakos player who should have scored, so going against proper world class players should be comedy.

I want RM and Bayern to get each other so one of the big forces is out.

If anyone has to get United that must be us. They're easily the weakest among the 8, why wish another team to bang them if we can do it ourselves? Even if we don't smash them, they're the weakest, therefore the one we should face :P

I want RM and Bayern to get each other so one of the big forces is out.

If anyone has to get United that must be us. They're easily the weakest among the 8, why wish another team to bang them if we can do it ourselves? Even if we don't smash them, they're the weakest, therefore the one we should face :P

Drawing United wouldn't be a challenge for our players.

I'd much rather Dortmund or PSG....just to see how we go against solid European opposition

Drawing United wouldn't be a challenge for our players.

I'd much rather Dortmund or PSG....just to see how we go against solid European opposition

we don't need tests. This team is not ready, so what's the point of testing it? It just needs cake walks ;)

we don't need tests. This team is not ready, so what's the point of testing it? It just needs cake walks ;)

You'll never know if the team is ready without a test!

The reason I don't want United is potential embarrassment if we lose to them

You'll never know if the team is ready without a test!

The reason I don't want United is potential embarrassment if we lose to them

Honestly, I don't think in any way possible it is possible for that Man United team to defeat Jose Mourinho's Chelsea in a two legged tie.

Chelsea the UNDERDOG vs the mighty ponces of Barca

So? Drawing Barcelona will diverge way too mcuh of our player's the focus to UCL and I definitely dont want that!

Winning the EPL is what we should be aiming at and facing Barcelona at this stage would only hurt us in that regard. Chelsea and Mourinho have a "strong" relationship with them and our games always have a special aura around it, meaning we would be looking at a jammed schedule with at least two not so well prepared League fixtures.

The same thing applies if we draw Real or Bayern too...

However, if we draw Manure or BvB or even PSG. The mental and focal drainage will be drastically lower. It will be way easier to cope with the two competitions without losing that much focus!!!