Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19
Followers 6

24 minutes ago, chippy said:

Good post.

However. Be careful what you wish for with this "fans voice" because if they ever get real power, Chelsea FC will be top of their hit list. Go on other fan forums and see for yourself how much we are being blamed for all this.

Yeah I didn't necessarily mean targeting specific clubs, it's challenging the hypocrisy within the football community that we've seen in the past couple of days but completely understand your point. That all boils down to jealousy for me. Everybody said that Roman would get bored after a couple of years and bail and leave the club ruined but I would assume amongst the top clubs he's actually now one of the longest serving owners.

57 minutes ago, Tomo said:

What has baffled me is I'm on a group on Facebook, only about 30 people but we're all passionate football fans and earlier this week 10 were shouting anti ESL stuff from the rooftops.

This morning I posted the tweet about Uefa's new plans which sneaks two teams in based on history ESL style, every single one of those 10 have seen it and only 1 reacted.

Which begs the question, were the other 9 (and this will apply to many others around the world) actually outraged about this or were they just doing it for likes and to fit In? Because as far as I'm concerned people outraged about the ESL who are now going quiet are just as bad (if not worse) and may aswell be part of Uefa's free marketing team.

I was listening to TalkSport earlier. Although he likes the sound of his own voice, I like listening to Simon Jordan because he firstly talks a lot of sense and secondly looks at things from a business perspective and not an emotional one. He made a very valid and fair point that the ESL was never going to work in it's current format as a closed shop. However if the Yanks hadn't have placed that train of thought into the mix, the purpose behind the league was actually a very good one which was the clubs taking back control over UEFA and the likes of Sky and running it in the most profitable, revenue driven way possible to feed then down the pyramid. As soon as talking down of Sky is involved he's immediately cut off by Jim White, Mr sleeping in both beds who wouldn't dare let a bad word be said of Sky.

Sky's control and power over the game is scary. Under Gary Neville they've performed a PR masterstroke in the last 48 hours or so and are almost at a point of being untouchable, very much like how UEFA probably feel right now.

• Like 3
  • Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck yeah my home town team, first live Chelsea game for me since Chelsea Spurs in 2016! 

I live in England! Everyone here supporting Olympiakos too!

There is much need. Much need indeed. Liverpool fans have to be the most annoying, entitled bunch of twats to exist. A little dose of this reality would serve them well if they weren't so delusional.

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Sky BT etc all scum, bent, biased yet they think we cant see it. I hope to live to see them burn.

I binned Sky donkey's years ago as soon aa they introduced their pay per view..

Again, I'm a staunch capitalist and fully support businesses  need to make a healthy profit. But I always draw the between that need for profit and a rip off.

2 hours ago, chippy said:

I binned Sky donkey's years ago as soon aa they introduced their pay per view..

Again, I'm a staunch capitalist and fully support businesses  need to make a healthy profit. But I always draw the between that need for profit and a rip off.

Yeah agree

24 minutes ago, whats happening said:

any talks about possible punishment for the superleague teams?

The 6 owners have been ordered to attend all Millwall matches for the next 3 seasons.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

HAHAHA UEFA will protect small clubs. We like the idea of West Ham playing CL 😂

What kind of BS is this? No merit then just like ESL. Uefa.....disgusting and inept as always

• Haha 1

I knew it. The 12 clubs signed the contracts, they can't just "pull out". Perez's team have only agreed to suspend the SL because of the backlash and want to keep a good relationship with the clubs.

But when the dust has settled, the SL will return again. Perez must have a fairer SL with a relegation system if you don't want the fans on your back again.

Because let's be honest: UEFA's CL isn't much better. The only reason why we prefer the CL because you have to earn your way there (well, until 2024).

Once the SL has the same (or even better) system, the fans would jump on the SL.

Edited by Mana
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Mana said:

I knew it. The 12 clubs signed the contracts, they can't just "pull out". Perez's team have only agreed to suspend the SL because of the backlash and want to keep a good relationship with the clubs.

But when the dust has settled, the SL will return again. Perez must have a fairer SL with a relegation system if you don't want the fans on your back again.

Because let's be honest: UEFA's CL isn't much better. The only reason why we prefer the CL because you have to earn your way there (well, until 2024).

Once the SL has the same (or even better) system, the fans would jump on the SL.

That's exactly it. The general idea of the Super League isn't bad. It breaks the clubs away from the power of UEFA and Sky, to make more money for the clubs and introduce a bigger fund that filters down the football pyramid compared to what UEFA provides as they retain such a huge slice of the revenues.

The current concept though without a system which allows clubs to qualify by merit and also clubs to lose their status if their not good enough makes it unusable. If these clubs are that 'elite' then they would back themselves to be good enough to remain in the competition year after year.

• Thanks 1

Premier League CEO ruthlessly moves to remove 'big six' chiefs after Super League saga

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-european-super-league-23957272

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck is one of five executives that has been asked to step down

Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck is one of five executives that has been asked to step down

bye bye Brucie

Top Plank Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat

1 hour ago, Superblue_1986 said:

That's exactly it. The general idea of the Super League isn't bad. It breaks the clubs away from the power of UEFA and Sky, to make more money for the clubs and introduce a bigger fund that filters down the football pyramid compared to what UEFA provides as they retain such a huge slice of the revenues.

The current concept though without a system which allows clubs to qualify by merit and also clubs to lose their status if their not good enough makes it unusable. If these clubs are that 'elite' then they would back themselves to be good enough to remain in the competition year after year.

Yep!

The simple and obvious way foward, which has been put forward by numerous people, would be to have the super league and make the Europa league SL division 2, with promotion and relegation between the two. That would also surely have to include promotion from the leagues into division 2.

• Thanks 1

De momento nadie se ha ido de la Superliga, nadie ha pagado la penalización para hacerlo. ¿De cuánto es la penalización? No lo voy a decir"

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2021/04/21/608096acca47413b058b4582.html

Perez is saying no one has left the super league as no one has paid the penalty fee. He didn't said how much it was.....

5 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

What kind of BS is this? No merit then just like ESL. Uefa.....disgusting and inept as always

Honestly why should West Ham be in the CL based on one fluke season? It is still merit based if you award teams who are consistently playing at higher level. Teams like West Ham are too volatile, one season they may push for push for top 4 and next season they may struggle to stay at the PL level.

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

Premier League CEO ruthlessly moves to remove 'big six' chiefs after Super League saga

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-european-super-league-23957272

bye bye Brucie

Top Plank Stickers for Android & iOS | Gfycat

He shouldn’t be sacked, let’s be real everything goes through Roman and he has to sign off on it. Also it is unwise to give in to bully tactics.

10 minutes ago, Fernando said:

De momento nadie se ha ido de la Superliga, nadie ha pagado la penalización para hacerlo. ¿De cuánto es la penalización? No lo voy a decir"

https://www.marca.com/futbol/real-madrid/2021/04/21/608096acca47413b058b4582.html

Perez is saying no one has left the super league as no one has paid the penalty fee. He didn't said how much it was.....

This twat reminds me of Chemical Ali during the war on Iraq when all was falling around him.