Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Axel Witsel

Nic!
Followers 2

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matic - Cesc - Witsel, mouthwatering. No two ways about it, Witsel is a MASSIVE improvement over Mikel.

I am not fan of this "improvement over Mikel" tags :)

We need midfielder who can't even be compared with Mikel and who can play first 11 and play on Champions League/Premier league level with ease ... Fabregas/Matić level of player :)

meh if the rumoured fee is accurate I'm okay with it. He doesn't really do anything brilliantly but as a squad player seems to be an upgrade to Mikel.

I understand what youre saying but on a few occasions early last season in interviews Mou said he loved having problems with team selection. We all found this very strange as it turned out that we had the same basic team most weeks,

I dont know how good this lad is as Ive not watched him much but I always think we should get the very best player we can get and let them fight over whos the best.

Getting someone because hes a good squad player doesnt fill me with much enthusiasm or hope for Europe.

Not sure why everyone is so down on Witsel. He's as solid as they come and he'll allow Cesc room to freelance. Matic/Witsel will be a formidable pairing and should allow for stronger midfield and more counter attacking. If it is 18 million pounds it's a bargain

Not sure why everyone is so down on Witsel. He's as solid as they come and he'll allow Cesc room to freelance. Matic/Witsel will be a formidable pairing and should allow for stronger midfield and more counter attacking. If it is 18 million pounds it's a bargain

As I have watched so very little, can you give me a detailed view on his game, strengths, weaknesses, etc.?

As I have watched so very little, can you give me a detailed view on his game, strengths, weaknesses, etc.?

I saw the Wales match. He didnt really touch the ball much in this game. But he sure was box to box.

Too good, and more importantly too expensive, to sit on the bench.

Central midfield is an area we more than have covered. Unless one of Cesc, Matic, Ramires or Mikel wish to leave, we should be spending the money elsewhere.

Central midfield is an area we more than have covered. Unless one of Cesc, Matic, Ramires or Mikel wish to leave, we should be spending the money elsewhere.

Our midfield was overpowered against the better teams. Additions are needed

More than covered? in the big games Mourinho doesnt play with Cesc-Matic in the pivot, so he plays with average players such as Ramires or Mikel (or Zouma in DM), so how is it well covered? it is awfully covered imo, its our biggest disadvantage in the squad.

Right now we have four CMs on 2 positions, thats enough, but the thing is that Mikel has to go, he has to go to make place for a new CM, someone who is also better than Witsel imo.

And if it wont happen i see no reason to think we're going to improve next season.

"Spending the money elsewhere"... RW is also important, you could say that, but we're short of options to really improve what we already have. Not the same case in Midfield.

More than covered? in the big games Mourinho doesnt play with Cesc-Matic in the pivot, so he plays with average players such as Ramires or Mikel (or Zouma in DM), so how is it well covered? it is awfully covered imo, its our biggest disadvantage in the squad.

Right now we have four CMs on 2 positions, thats enough, but the thing is that Mikel has to go, he has to go to make place for a new CM, someone who is also better than Witsel imo.

And if it wont happen i see no reason to think we're going to improve next season.

"Spending the money elsewhere"? what is more important than this? RW? you could say that, but we're short of options to really improve what we already have.

We need a good alternative for both Cescy and Matic cause we were buggered when either of them were missing. I'm sorry but Id lose both Mikel and Rami. We need more creative players.

According to reports in France, Mourinho will exert pressure on Mendes to bring his other client Witsel to Stamford Bridge. (Express) #CFC

Chelsea are keen to bring Belgium international Axel Witsel to Stamford Bridge. (Evening Standard) #CFC

Mourinho has a passion for Witsel & would plan to sell Oscar, presumably to Juventus and in turn transfer €25-30m to Zenit for Witsel. (TMW)

#CFC scout De Visser: "Currently, this [Witsel] is not on the agenda..But what is not, can come. The interest may increase" (Het Nieuswbald)

Very limited player, I would say he is bad version of Matić :)

You just can't (or shouldn't) play with Witsel - Matić in central midfield. You need one player who is holding midfielder (big, strong, good tackler, jumpy - Matić) and one who drags forward, who is main creative player of the team (creativity, passing, ball control, vision, hard work, tackling - surely not Witsel). Fabregas is too weak for this role and if he plays nr.10 and Witsel - Matić are behind him, he won't get much time on the ball. What we need is more creative and hardworking midfielder like Pogba or Schneiderlin. Witsel is too expensive to be backup for Matić. Zouma can take this role or if we bring Pogba/Schneiderlin they surely know how to play restrained role in midfield without going forward too much and with Fabregas/Ramires/RLC alongside :)