Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Ruben Loftus-Cheek


Tobey Gibson
 Share
Followers 6

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

27 passes, 100% pass completion, 3 interceptions, 1 tackle, 1 block. Not sure what more people were expecting from a 19 year old on his début put in there to sit with Mikel.

Few people slagging him off already. Unbelievable.

And then they moan about lack of youth integration!

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, mccg said:

 

so many great passes by Ruben only to be wasted by Zaha and co. :angry:, overrall great energy and composure from him, hope he has a great season and comes back to us even stronger than before, that piece of skill at 1:25 tough, Zidane like hehe. Cheers ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

so many great passes by Ruben only to be wasted by Zaha and co. :angry:, overrall great energy and composure from him, hope he has a great season and comes back to us even stronger than before, that piece of skill at 1:25 tough, Zidane like hehe. Cheers ;)

Ffs any other club he would be a deffo in the squad with the chance to actually break into the team , look at the squad we had on Saturday...tho Hazard,Bakayoko,Pedro to come back in, to think about going all season in league+champions league etc and be "competitive" is lets just say a joke and leave it there! He could easily got enough minutes this season here to improve and learn imho and if he progresses who knows(i heard Conte saying about the "board/staff think that if they think they are not good enough to play for Cfc they go out on loan), mmm correct in most players not correct in others, especially with the lack of backup/improvements to the much needed positions . Hindsight bustmyballs but look at our options going in the spurs game with another 2 missing! Yeah well done board again for letting Matic+co go so early in the window with no (fit)replacement:clap:

 team-news--chelsea-v-burnley.img.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mccg said:

Ffs any other club he would be a deffo in the squad with the chance to actually break into the team , look at the squad we had on Saturday...tho Hazard,Bakayoko,Pedro to come back in, to think about going all season in league+champions league etc and be "competitive" is lets just say a joke and leave it there! He could easily got enough minutes this season here to improve and learn imho and if he progresses who knows(i heard Conte saying about the "board/staff think that if they think they are not good enough to play for Cfc they go out on loan), mmm correct in most players not correct in others, especially with the lack of backup/improvements to the much needed positions . Hindsight bustmyballs but look at our options going in the spurs game with another 2 missing! Yeah well done board again for letting Matic+co go so early in the window with no (fit)replacement:clap:

 team-news--chelsea-v-burnley.img.png

i agree with your views, the club fucked up by letting Matic and others go without getting proper replacements, i would have never sold Matic to the mancs regardless of the money involved, look at how well he´s started there, i hate the idea of us strenghtening rivals. I just take a look at how thin we were of options on the bench against Burnley, how can we expect to challenge with a bench like that? Ruben would have played for sure, now we are short of options against Spurs because of injuries and suspensions, why loan out and sell all those players if we´re not going to get replacements in time ?, baffling from the club really, i just cant understand this board. Cheers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem with CP loan is that CP are so weak. I think Ruben will get a ton of attention from opponents (pressure). 

He is so talented. Hope he returns to CFC first team and does break through. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never be happier to be proved wrong than if i am in Ruben's case. The idea of him his great, it's just what's been put into practice i haven't been a fan off so far.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I will never be happier to be proved wrong than if i am in Ruben's case. The idea of him his great, it's just what's been put into practice i haven't been a fan off so far.

Based on what?

Doesn't make any sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, quickpassnmove said:

Based on what?

Doesn't make any sense.

When he's played for Chelsea he never imposed himself on a game even close to enough. He movement was decent when the team had the ball, but didn't do enough when he had it and was a complete liability off it.

His best performances for us came vs league one opposition in the cup's, which made me think he found his level, few more performances like Saturday would make me re-evaluate however.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

When he's played for Chelsea he never imposed himself on a game even close to enough. He movement was decent when the team had the ball, but didn't do enough when he had it and was a complete liability off it.

His best performances for us came vs league one opposition in the cup's, which made me think he found his level, few more performances like Saturday would make me re-evaluate however.

yea and the reason that makes zero sense is that he's barely played and when asked to do so, was arguably out of his natural position.

I think that you're not even making judgment on the player; you're probably reacting to the talk/hype of other fans regarding RLC.

Give him time and just forget it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
RLC has been played as a #10 or winger for the majority of his time here. Palace will be the first time he'll finally get to play in his preferred role.


Watching his highlights from last game, he seemed to playing almost as a 10/inverted winger for the majority of the game. He seemed to drop deeper later in the game though. I didn't watch the full match so I could be mistaken. So I'm not sure if he'll get to play in "preferred role" all the time.
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the wes said:

we do with him right now ffs

Tell me about it , this board bustmyballsfc ,(August 18th) the strategy they have shown with the transfers in/outs is verging on embarrassing , Champions of England ,again the club and board have failed to kick on and build on that 2bh i think Bakayoko + Morata will be upgrades but even last season our numbers were shy for decent backup and squad quality, now with extra champions league games and losing Ake-Terry-NLC-Matic- etc , made little sense loaning out Ruben+/ or Baker when numbers so low and squad and manager seem to be in disarray in that aspect grrrr board grrrr

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Miguelito said:

 


Watching his highlights from last game, he seemed to playing almost as a 10/inverted winger for the majority of the game. He seemed to drop deeper later in the game though. I didn't watch the full match so I could be mistaken. So I'm not sure if he'll get to play in "preferred role" all the time.

 

He will start most of the games as AMC ... he moved to central midfield for last 30minutes of the game 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...