Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

14 minutes ago, chelseamabz said:

That picture does not tell you if RLC was working hard in training. I have always questioned his work rate and am still not sold on what he can do for us. Tremendous talent don't get me wrong but still yet to see fully what he can do. Surely if he was the guy we all seem to think he is he would be starting by now. 

As for Oscar it seems strange how he could be so good last year and so poor this year. I really think the injury set him back a few. I think he's a good player, works hard, is obviously committed to being a Chelsea player. Would like to see him a little more physical but I tend to think he's been ok. No worse than Pedro or Hazard. 

If only Oscar had a bit more vision and flair to his game, he would be able to take that next step and become a consistent threat in our attack

As for RLC, it's obvious that the manager and coaching staff rate his potential but as Mourinho said in pre-season, RLC has to work harder off the ball if he wants to break through at Chelsea 

At times against Scunthorpe he wasn't great, but he scored and also showed some nice endeavor. Can he be any worse than what is starting right now? How can it be any worse than the displays we are seeing? At what point does it become thinking of the manager to actually think "Ya know what, fuck it, he's starting" 

I feel you bro. This "experience over performance" needs to stop ASAP it's killing our club.

Simply put, sad. The level of performance has been the lowest of the low from this team, and by everyone at one point or another and we still can't give him more time on the field.

It's a fucking piss take.

36 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Simply put, sad. The level of performance has been the lowest of the low from this team, and by everyone at one point or another and we still can't give him more time on the field.

It's a fucking piss take.

He should of gone on loan to the Championship rather than sticking around with the Chelsea reserves.

If he had got good game time we could be in a good position to judge him, he hasn't, so we are left to judge on him bit part roles.

Alli has gone and got game game time because he is trusted and the management have shown faith in him. I will tell you why Ruben can't do it, because the management and big wigs at this club have no balls what so ever, if they had the lad would be playing a lot more now because the performances from our midfield lads has been nothing short of tragic. There is no way on gods green earth RLC can be any worse than Matic has been this season.

It's an absolute travesty what we have seen this season with this football club and it's also a complete joke the lack of time this kid has been given to show what he can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Without wanting to sound overly critical:

He's quality but fuck me he's 20 years old and jogs around the pitch like he doesn't care. He'd be twice the player if he showed some urgency.

He's fine going forward but I wouldn't trust him to be our CM as of now, in that regard I agree with Jose.

Maybe it's just me though; perhaps he lacks matchfitness

14 minutes ago, Weckerz said:

he's 20 years old and jogs around the pitch like he doesn't care. He'd be twice the player if he showed some urgency.

That's not the problem. The problem is that I was saying this about Ruben three years ago and it's still necessary for it to be said. The blame for this cannot belong to Ruben alone. His coaches have undoubtedly tried to help him but whatever they have tried has not succeeded in getting the message across. Ruben won't become the player he could be unless he unlocks that urgency.

One slight, but I think vitally important, disagreement with you; Ruben is not active enough when we have the ball either.

i don't agree, saw him chasing back down the wing, and smashing someone off the ball. not everyone has to bee a workhorse. team looks better with him in it. i thought our midfield selection was perfect today. oscar cesc, matic, rlc  

13 minutes ago, lucio said:

i don't agree, saw him chasing back down the wing, and smashing someone off the ball. not everyone has to bee a workhorse. team looks better with him in it. i thought our midfield selection was perfect today. oscar cesc, matic, rlc  

I agree, not everyone needs to be a workhorse but Ruben does need to be more active. He does jog around too often when he ought to be getting on his bike, particularly when we are in possession. When we're on top Ruben needs to get on the ball more and have a bigger influence on the game. There has been some improvement in as much as we are now complaining about him jogging. When I first observed, and commented on, this behaviour he would often walk. This is not wrong and it is not an exaggeration. Ruben would do something classy in development games then walk while watching play move on and drift away from him. I wanted, and want, to see him follow the ball to support play or get beyond. Waiting for him to do it was often very frustrating.

As I wrote a few months ago, he has quality and time. The sooner he sorts this the better however.

Maybe he has really bad stamina and is conserving himself? This would explain why he's not used more often or for full games (except today, where being active wasn't that necessary). But the way he plays when he has the ball is great, he's a really menacing physical presence, but this is not enough to break through in the PL. I agree, at the moment he's best suited as CAM, not CM.

EDIT: I thought he was great today, championship level is too easy for him.

CaEybxnWEAAdQph.jpg

Great win! First 90 mins for myself in a while. ? Well done to @oscar8 on his hatrick ⚽️⚽️⚽️

not going to be sprinting after everything when he barely gets game time. needs to conserve energy to impress in final third. play him regular if you wan;t peak energy and application 

9 hours ago, Weckerz said:

Without wanting to sound overly critical:

He's quality but fuck me he's 20 years old and jogs around the pitch like he doesn't care. He'd be twice the player if he showed some urgency.

He's fine going forward but I wouldn't trust him to be our CM as of now, in that regard I agree with Jose.

Maybe it's just me though; perhaps he lacks matchfitness

Mikel has been tutoring him...

Thought he showed some very good flashes, but I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of that performance. Maybe he was given sort of a free role by the manager but his lack of desire to track back and hold position when needed would have definitely cost us against better opposition.