MATIC - MIKEL

Love to see it! despite lack of creativity as the consequence

I like how you think.

1 hour ago, azinopik said:

Why don't try playing 'three towers' at the midfield

RLC

MATIC - MIKEL

I don't see that there would be a lack of creativity from those three. I'm not a Mikel fan, but I would support that centre midfield trio.

6 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

2016 and people are still forcing Matic into the starting lineup. Both he and Ramires should be phased out. RLC needs more chances in his traditional position. He clearly isn't an AM.

Do you think Oscar should be in the line up or should he be phased out for a better player?

10 hours ago, azinopik said:

Why don't try playing 'three towers' at the midfield

RLC

MATIC - MIKEL

4-3-3 with Mikel as DM and Matic and RLC as Box to Box CM's

Hazard -Costa- Willian

Matic--Mikel--RLC

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Consider this if Oscar has been 'underperforming' since he joined the club perhaps he isn't 'underperforming' but just not up to standard? Consistently underperforming seems to be an oxymoron, maybe the player just isn't that good at all and they are playing at their level.

Just food for thought.

Exactly. There's no such thing as "consistently underperforming". :D

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Consider this if Oscar has been 'underperforming' since he joined the club perhaps he isn't 'underperforming' but just not up to standard? Consistently underperforming seems to be an oxymoron, maybe the player just isn't that good at all and they are playing at their level.

7 hours ago, El P. said:

Exactly. There's no such thing as "consistently underperforming". :D

There is, but I get what you mean. You believe consistently underperforming means he's not underperforming, he's just performing to his (lower) level, and I get that. I just compared it to something else; I meant he's underperforming considering the price tag we paid for him or considering our expectations we have/had of him. A player *CAN* consistently underperform considering fan's expectations or his price tag, no?

Anyway, I kinda like Oscar. He's a likeable chap. And yes I'm not so happy with his performances or his lack of output. But I wouldn't tell him to fuck off, he's a Chelsea player and gets my support. Maybe he just isn't the player we thought he was, but he's still trying his best and not slacking and for that he earns my support and he should earn more than a fuck off from Atlas Lion.

At times against Scunthorpe he wasn't great, but he scored and also showed some nice endeavor. Can he be any worse than what is starting right now? How can it be any worse than the displays we are seeing? At what point does it become thinking of the manager to actually think "Ya know what, fuck it, he's starting" 

That picture does not tell you if RLC was working hard in training. I have always questioned his work rate and am still not sold on what he can do for us. Tremendous talent don't get me wrong but still yet to see fully what he can do. Surely if he was the guy we all seem to think he is he would be starting by now. 

As for Oscar it seems strange how he could be so good last year and so poor this year. I really think the injury set him back a few. I think he's a good player, works hard, is obviously committed to being a Chelsea player. Would like to see him a little more physical but I tend to think he's been ok. No worse than Pedro or Hazard.