Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

If jose did that, I would sack him on the spot. Nothing wrong with excitement ,especially in the end of season atmosphere

You have to admit that it is a bit stupid to tip the lineup off hours prior to a match. An opposing manager can then know what to expect and change his game plan.

You have to admit that it is a bit stupid to tip the lineup off hours prior to a match. An opposing manager can then know what to expect and change his game plan.

True but it wasn't him who posted it, and it wouldn't be worth destroying his confidence over.

What if we don't even buy a midfielder this summer and the plan is to use RLC instead...

I'm sure there will be some here that would love that but I really hope that's not the case.

Let's see how he does first and then decide. Either way he's earned his chance and its up to him to take it. I'm hoping he shows what we all know he has! Even if he can't be our Pogba it would be great to see an academy kid come through and feature.

What if we don't even buy a midfielder this summer and the plan is to use RLC instead...

I'm sure there will be some here that would love that but I really hope that's not the case.

let's wait and see how impressed RLC after 3 match, and our main problem is worldclass winger not midfielder....

I must admit the only thing I cared about for this match was the guard of honour.... Now though, NOW! Its all about Ruben Loftus Cheek!!!!! This is a great chance for him to put a marker down for next year and I hope he takes it.

Central midfielder? Unless someone leaves, of course we won't buy a central midfielder.

We just spent upwards of 50m the two transfer windows before last on central midfield and it's a position where we have top class starters and quality squad players. Why in the world would we spend more money there?!

I'm nervous. He hasn't played regularly for half a year ... In and around 5 games since January.

I really don't want to hear when he is way out of match fitness that he proofs that Academy players are not ready. Keep in mind that he hasn't played for months.

Hoping for the best though. Well over 100m£ investment was made to get here having one of the best Academies in Europe and he's one of the first fruits of it.

Central midfielder? Unless someone leaves, of course we won't buy a central midfielder.

We just spent upwards of 50m the two transfer windows before last on central midfield and it's a position where we have top class starters and quality squad players. Why in the world would we spend more money there?!

Because in the big games Cesc struggles while playing deeper. We have Ramires and Mikel who both can play next to Matic but lets be honest their not up to scratch, especially Mikel. Ramires is more of a box to box player but his lack of technical ability is astonishing. We need another top class footballer in the middle of the park who can play deeper in the big games. We dont really want another season of playing Zouma next to Matic do we?

Are you serious? We've seen this season how our form and quality has plummeted along with Fabregas'. God forbid one of Matic or Cesc got a long term injury because the quality of their replacements drops off massively.

Also, as much as I hate to admit it, Cesc is was pretty awful against the biggest sides and gets exposed by top quality midfielders who are athletic and have pace.

We 100% need a new midfielder.