Tobey Gibson
Followers 6

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

27 passes, 100% pass completion, 3 interceptions, 1 tackle, 1 block. Not sure what more people were expecting from a 19 year old on his début put in there to sit with Mikel.

Few people slagging him off already. Unbelievable.

And then they moan about lack of youth integration!

Posted Images

should of started , and has to start vs derby

but still impressive, although mikel did his best to ruin the night, with that pass for his first touch

It just won't happen. While credit goes to Mourinho for taking the cup seriously you have to wonder when is the right time to play our best talents. Mikel will certainly start and Ramires will probably play if he needs fitness. RLC won't start. If people are saying he could not come on at 2-1 because of the 'unnecessary pressure' then he has less than 1% chance of starting against Derby. Tough game who will have their fans up for this and give us a right go. Mourinho wants to win this competition. I don't expect to see one youngster in that team apart from Zouma.

• Like 1

just keep playing him, more and more, and he will be a first team player before you know. once this guy is confident in the team , there is no telling how good he will get. a bit speculative but i think his situation is like pogba, made to be a star, pogba always plays like he is on cloud 9, thats through the belief he gets from starting for a big club. loaning him to bloody ipswich or wherever, is a surefire way to ruin his career, as is keeping him in the youth team too long. no ways around it, just play him whenever you can

• Like 3

just keep playing him, more and more, and he will be a first team player before you know. once this guy is confident in the team , there is no telling how good he will get. a bit speculative but i think his situation is like pogba, made to be a star, pogba always plays like he is on cloud 9, thats through the belief he gets from starting for a big club. loaning him to bloody ipswich or wherever, is a surefire way to ruin his career, as is keeping him in the youth team too long. no ways around it, just play him whenever you can

Ipswich is a GREAT CLUB But agree he needs to play for US

• Like 1

Come on guys, did you really expect anything more than what RLC ended up getting, in terms of minutes?.. At least he's on Mourinho's radar, it's not nice that we were led to expect more minutes but at least he did well in his, albeit brief, cameo.

There's still time to blood him in, lets keep our heads.

• Like 2

Come on guys, did you really expect anything more than what RLC ended up getting, in terms of minutes?.. At least he's on Mourinho's radar, it's not nice that we were led to expect more minutes but at least he did well in his, albeit brief, cameo.

There's still time to blood him in, lets keep our heads.

I expected more than EIGHT minutes in a dead game when we were 3 0 up and could have rested Cesc

I expected more than EIGHT minutes in a dead game when we were 3 0 up and could have rested Cesc

Yeah of course, but this is Mourinho MO tbh and we can only continue being optimistic that RLC is doing enough to keep Mourinho interested in him.

Yes, we all wanted to see more of him, but that was only for sake. After all, this was nothing more than a symbolic gesture to Ruben and all the talents in the academy. He obviously was not going to be part of the first team this season. It's about motivation to keep progressing and that's irrelevant of whether he gets 8 or 28 minutes. I actually agree with Jose that it was probably the right time when he brought him on because the environment was "safe" for him.

• Like 3

Absolutely bossed it when he came on. Close to the end of the match, he completely out muscled a sporting player, stole the ball and sprayed a accurate ball to rami on a break. I think Rami then over hit a cross to Luis, really should have done better on that sequence.

I know many ppl who watch the U21s and U18s like Boga the most but for me it's always been RLC. I was so happy for him to get his debut tonight, and the reception he got was great. Only negative is that he should have gotten more time.

I don't mean this as a jab at Jose, but I feel he does things like this (not putting RLC on until the final 8mins while literally everyone is crying out for him to do so before then) to show and remind everyone that he is in control and does not let the opinion of others come into play.

• Like 4

Absolutely bossed it when he came on. Close to the end of the match, he completely out muscled a sporting player, stole the ball and sprayed a accurate ball to rami on a break. I think Rami then over hit a cross to Luis, really should have done better on that sequence.

I know many ppl who watch the U21s and U18s like Boga the most but for me it's always been RLC. I was so happy for him to get his debut tonight, and the reception he got was great. Only negative is that he should have gotten more time.

I don't mean this as a jab at Jose, but I feel he does things like this (not putting RLC on until the final 8mins while literally everyone is crying out for him to do so before then) to show and remind everyone that he is in control and does not let the opinion of others come into play.

100 % correct

• Like 1

Damn I hadn't thought of it this way before. He's pretty confident and never seems to panic. I think he has all the abilities and destined for greatness. We should learn from the Pogba and Matic incidents and put more trust in this lad

Miroslav Stoch - The Slovakian Messi

That's a bit unfair on the Turkish Messi - Gokhan Tore!!!

Dribbling and flair is a good way to get hyped to the shithouse.