Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

No way he breaks into this midfield right now, our midfield with Kovacic/Barkley, Kante and Jorgino is absolute top level right now.

I think he can take Barkely's spot if given the chance. He keeps the ball better, dribbles better, and passes better than Ross. He nneds to be hungry and take the minutes handed to him by the horn. Thursday was a good start he didn't too bad to kill off his future chances. This international break will do wonders for him tactically I think. Another point is he plays better when he has a run of games watch his Palace games, he got better and better each time he played and with enough Europa and League Cup starts in the coming months who knows he might be starting for us after impressing. 

Ruben Loftus-Cheek to demand Chelsea exit in January to save England career

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6273341/Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-plotting-Chelsea-loan-exit-January.html

If I was in the chelsea board I would offer Palace £20m drinkwater and RLC for Zaha

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Ruben Loftus-Cheek to demand Chelsea exit in January to save England career

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6273341/Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-plotting-Chelsea-loan-exit-January.html

If I was in the chelsea board I would offer Palace £20m drinkwater and RLC for Zaha

If we made that offer, we would probably have to agree to pay part of Drinkwater's insane £120K PW wages. Both players value together is around £60m, then add in £10m is wage support for Drinkwater.

That puts our total payout at around £90m for Zaha. He is not worth that much. Not even close IMHO. That's far more than Bailey would even cost.

The only wingers in the world worth £90m (or much more as well) would be (no order) Hazard, and then (if you you count them as wingers, Messi and CR7) and then Mbappe, Neymar, Dembele, Sané, Salah, Asensio, Bale (soon not due to age) and Insigne (maybe, as he is 28 in June so only 2 seasons under 30 if signed next summer). Might, might, be able to make a case for Sterling, Bernardo Silva (I super rate him, he is an unreal talent) and Thomas Lemar.

Thats it.

Bailey, Vinícius Júnior, Bernardeschi, and Chiesa maybe be someday soon there, not quite yet (years away for Vinícius Júnior, as he is only a couple months onward from being 17yo).

On 10/10/2018 at 5:35 PM, Vybzkartel said:

I think he can take Barkely's spot if given the chance. He keeps the ball better, dribbles better, and passes better than Ross. He nneds to be hungry and take the minutes handed to him by the horn. Thursday was a good start he didn't too bad to kill off his future chances. This international break will do wonders for him tactically I think. Another point is he plays better when he has a run of games watch his Palace games, he got better and better each time he played and with enough Europa and League Cup starts in the coming months who knows he might be starting for us after impressing. 

He won't get a run of games here, unless something drastic happens like a long term injury or suspension occurs. Kovacic and Barkley are ahead of him in the pecking order.

I cannot see a long term for him at this football club, I just can't.

I remember as a 14 year old there was a kid on our team who was a superb player the trouble was he'd only do something if the ball came to him. What I mean by that was he'd never look for the ball or put pressure on the opposition he'd coast for most of the game. Same goes for RLC he just doesn't get involved enough I think he's scared of making a mistake and only gets involved intermittently it was the same when he played for England against Belgium.

It's a shame because I'm really not convinced by Barkley even if he is improving and Ruben is potentially a better player but it looks like that's three managers in Maureen, Conte and Sarri who don't particularly rate him.

• 2 weeks later...

He needs to leave Chelsea on a permanent basis in January for his own career. If Chelsea value him they will buy him from wherever he goes. At age 22 he needs game time something we are unwilling to do. His talented enough to be a regular EPL starter for most teams in England so he should go for the sake of his own career. He should look at KDB and Salah as good examples, put the graft in at a smaller club eventually your talent will shine and a big move will come along sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Vybzkartel said:

He needs to leave Chelsea on a permanent basis in January for his own career. If Chelsea value him they will buy him from wherever he goes. At age 22 he needs game time something we are unwilling to do. His talented enough to be a regular EPL starter for most teams in England so he should go for the sake of his own career. He should look at KDB and Salah as good examples, put the graft in at a smaller club eventually your talent will shine and a big move will come along sooner rather than later.

good point. If KDb and Salah could not get a game, RLC chances don't look so good. On the other hand, things could change if we get CL for next season with a lot more important games in the schedule.

The problem is that every manager is under pressure with little to no incentive to take chances with younger players. So, either these players show a lot in practice or they won't get minutes.

I know that some players simply have that drive to impress the manager in practice sessions, while others don't.

Don't see this changing until our managers last longer than a season or two.

Barkley was asked to do more, score more and has delivered. RLC also asked to contribute more and has delivered. Love the attitude of our young english midfielders. Got to find a formation where we can play all 5 of our sexy midfielder at once.

Defence-

Kante-Jorginho-Kovacic

Barkley-RLC-Hazard

4-6-0 we would have 90% posession and every game would end 0-0  or 1-0 haha but it would fix our lack of quality in the ST and RW position and at the same time take a lot of strain from the defence with all those combative beasts in front of them.

If Sarri rotates all 3 well, they would be happy. It means all will have about 20-25 plus starts at the end of the season which is more than good enough if we do well in the Europa and League and other cups. Look at City they rotate Mahrez, KDB, Silva, B Silva,Sane and Gundogan effortlessly and I dont hear any moaning about game time. As long as the rotation is done properly we will be fine.