Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

47 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just needs to do more, be more involved. Everything he does looks nice but he should show it more often. Should be a bit more keen. 

Six years later, here we are saying the same things we said six years ago. I’ve lost belief that we’ll ever see the change we’ve been hoping for.

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Just needs to do more, be more involved. Everything he does looks nice but he should show it more often. Should be a bit more keen. 

He does always seem to have the same body language as Ozil. 

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Perhaps a bit more Kante? ;) diff to imagine he will have a futeture here if he does not start impressing in training.

43 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

Hopefully he doesn't get another silly injury so that he can have time to train with the gaffer and improve his tactical awareness. He has all the potentials to be a great player and Barkley shouldn't be ahead of him in the team.

Pardon me if I'm being harsh but Loftus-Cheek will turn 23 years old in 3 months and we're still talking about "potential" with him? :doh: 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Pardon me if I'm being harsh but Loftus-Cheek will turn 23 years old in 3 months and we're still talking about "potential" with him? :doh: 

23 is a young age and has loads of time to improve his game and improve as a player.

Just now, Stats said:

23 is a young age and has loads of time to improve his game and improve as a player.

You can be 33 and still improve. The point here isn't about improvement but about fulfilling his potential. If 22/23 isn't the age to start fulfilling the potential, then when is he ever gonna start doing that? Guess we've handled their development differently but look at Mount. He's only 19 but has started to make a real impact in his career. Can't say the same about Loftus-Cheek, can we? FWIW, I'd put Mount ahead of Loftus-Cheek and Barkley.

1 hour ago, kellzfresh said:

Hopefully he doesn't get another silly injury so that he can have time to train with the gaffer and improve his tactical awareness. He has all the potentials to be a great player and Barkley shouldn't be ahead of him in the team.

I didn't watch the game against videoton. Sarri said that he conceded 3 counter attacking chances due to his tactical weaknesses, did anybody here noticed that?? 

23 hours ago, communicate said:

I didn't watch the game against videoton. Sarri said that he conceded 3 counter attacking chances due to his tactical weaknesses, did anybody here noticed that?? 

I dont know whether he blamed the chances videoton had on RLC or on the team as a whole but I know sarri has been saying RLC needs to improve his tactical knowledge of the game.

This is a huge factor in why talented players just don't seem to reach their potential. See what Gattuso said about Bakayoko

On 10/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, Jason said:

Its because we can see what he can do with the ball, and when he doesn't do it often, he is not fulfilling his potential yet. He could be a late bloomer

4 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Its because we can see what he can do with the ball, and when he doesn't do it often, he is not fulfilling his potential yet. He could be a late bloomer

He has shown glimpses of what he can do with the ball but I don't think he's shown enough quality with it. Plus, banking him being a late bloomer is risky, isn't it? It's like fans hoping Torres would eventually come good all those years ago!

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

He has shown glimpses of what he can do with the ball but I don't think he's shown enough quality with it. Plus, banking him being a late bloomer is risky, isn't it? It's like fans hoping Torres would eventually come good all those years ago!

But that is not the same is it? Torres already showed how good he can be and jsut lost his pace and confidence with an injury reducing him to the average striker he actually was without both. But RLC has shown that he is an ok player at Palace and everytime he is. We dont rely on his confidence or pace comign back but just to show more of what he is good at. But anyway I don't think we will see that until he features regularly but even then I dont think he is that good. Next summer we should decide. Either sell or give him a chance at the starting XI if he has warranted it.

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But that is not the same is it? Torres already showed how good he can be and jsut lost his pace and confidence with an injury reducing him to the average striker he actually was without both. But RLC has shown that he is an ok player at Palace and everytime he is. We dont rely on his confidence or pace comign back but just to show more of what he is good at. But anyway I don't think we will see that until he features regularly but even then I dont think he is that good. Next summer we should decide. Either sell or give him a chance at the starting XI if he has warranted it.

My point is banking on something to come based on dodgy evidence is not the way to go about building the team.