Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Looking forward to see him play on fairly regular basis. He's the only option to fresh up that midfield. Would love to see midfield trio of Matic-RLC-Oscar at least few times.

Sweet dreams though. If we lose this season we will do it with Ramires/Mikel/Zouma in the middle.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek has played with us (in the first team) four complete games, three of them in Premier League and his debut against Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League.

To me Ruben Loftus-Cheek is our best option to become Matic partner as CM in the midfield. A box to box player, able to bring the ball from behind, good distribution of the ball, good at recovering balls, with intelligence to open the game sideways, being a good player to connect the midfield with players attack (RW - LW - ACM - 9) ... in addition to being a strong player physically, being clever in tactically aspects and with a great maturity beyond his years.

RLC has obviously certain aspects of his behavior that he must change, but he is still young.

Honestly, if Jose would give to him opportunities in our starting eleven in September, I think RLC could be consolidated in October / November for the rest of the season ... For me he is one of those chosen to be "One club man".

1. Ruben Loftus-Cheek vs Crystal Palace (Home) 29/08/2015 HD. (PREMIER LEAGUE)

2. Ruben Loftus-Cheek vs NY Red Bulls (Neutral) HD 720p. (FRIENDLY)

3. Ruben Loftus Cheek vs Italy U19 | Chelsea FC 2015 HD Away. (ENGLAND U19)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IlOPKwNPLI

4. Ruben Loftus-Cheek vs West Bromwich (Away) 18/05/2015 HD. (PREMIER LEAGUE)

5. Ruben Loftus-Cheek vs Liverpool (Home) 10/05/2015 HD. (PREMIER LEAGUE)

6. Ruben Loftus-Cheek [Debut] vs Sporting Lisbon (Home) 14-15. (CHAMPIONS LEAGUE)

RUBEN LOFTUS-CHEEK | Goals, Skills, Assists | Chelsea | 2014/2015 (HD). (SCOUTNATION)

I said this a long time ago in the Pogba thread.

Why can't RLC develop into a similar player? He has more or less the same physical profile and technical ability.

You think a club like Juventus would pick up Ruben if he wanted to leave Chelsea (like Pogba in 2012)?

I think Juve would want him if he was a free transfer. Italian clubs do like their cheap deals these days..loans and cheap deals,atleast when it comes to our players.

Different from the 80's and 90's when they were the financial power houses.

You think a club like Juventus would pick up Ruben if he wanted to leave Chelsea (like Pogba in 2012)?

maybe , i bet we have guys in our academy, performing on a similar level, to how pogba was for utd. all about opportunity, and the confidence that goes with it.

maybe , i bet we have guys in our academy, performing on a similar level, to how pogba was for utd. all about opportunity, and the confidence that goes with it.

Yea unfortunately due to the horrible system we have in football, so few of them get chances....

I think Juve would want him if he was a free transfer. Italian clubs do like their cheap deals these days..loans and cheap deals,atleast when it comes to our players.

Different from the 80's and 90's when they were the financial power houses.

Serie A well on its way to recovering financially. Second biggest spenders in the market this window behind the EPL:

_85314667_top_5_3countries.png

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34118289

Serie A well on its way to recovering financially. Second biggest spenders in the market this window behind the EPL:

Shame we have yet to see some of it spent on our players. Tho our club partly to blame. Should be more insistent on transfer fees for the likes of Cuadrado and Salah even tho i kinda like the latter.doesn't appear he has a future with us after a good loan and he's back out.

I'm not talking about others like Musonda though. I was just wondering whether Styles thought that would be the case with Ruben. Pogba is wanted by all the top sides in Europe. Same goes for Varane, Verratti etc. That's not merely due to opportunity. I'd love it if Ruben could become such a player but it's not something you wake up and decide to do. Is he that talented?

Shame we have yet to see some of it spent on our players. Tho our club partly to blame. Should be more insistent on transfer fees for the likes of Cuadrado and Salah even tho i kinda like the latter.doesn't appear he has a future with us after a good loan and he's back out.

Tbh, that's probably one of our board's smallest mistakes in this past transfer window...

we`ve had worse windows...a lot worse..just worst for a few years. that is magnified due to the good players we have playing exceedingly shitty at present. only one player I see as done (Bran) and one who looks like it should be his last season but he`s such a mentally strong character he may even be able to come back a lil (JT)

Baba,Begovic,Pedro,maybe Kenedy can be a diamond in the rough..some youth getting a shot. Papy the wildcard..and would have been much better if we got Stones as he could start more games than a 4th choice stop gap but hey ho..

worst things happen at sea..

the old chap in my signature is my granddad..a Chelsea fan from the late 1920`s who went through Dunkirk,Africa,Singapore,Normandy,Burma etc.. the full 6 years in WW2 as he was already in the army prior to it starting. he died a few weeks before Chelsea won their first title in `55 . I keep his photograph there to remind me to keep things in context. as much as I love Chelsea as much as anybody..we are screaming out of fear when we are merely taking a detour through the shitty part of a pleasure park.

I prefer to give him the chance after than try again with a formula who didn't work as was the midfield Matic - Ramires - Cesc. And with a chance i,m not talking about 1 match or even only a minutes. I'm talking about a couple games to see if he avaible for the first team or not. Can be a failed? Probably. But for me, is better try something new than continue with a formula who is clear that doesn't work.

REALLY the ideal time to blood youngsters is when the team is doing well . This we have failed to do . Now they might be tried in a bad situation . This is all the more reason

they are shown patience and not discarded if they have one or two poor performances.

REALLY the ideal time to blood youngsters is when the team is doing well . This we have failed to do . Now they might be tried in a bad situation . This is all the more reason

they are shown patience and not discarded if they have one or two poor performances.

There were plenty of chances last season. Vs Sporting in the CL, COC, and those last 3 PL games. Now all of them are loaned out and likely will never be at the club's grounds again.

Great point. Personally i will love to know the youth and reserve team record and performance level of young strikers that blossomed when given opportunities in the first team of top/decent european teams. I will be surprised if there are many with better record than solanke who netted 41 goals in 39 apps last season. I can't imagine the Rooneys, Owen,Fowlers of this world having much better record and performance at that level than that. Solanke and Musonda's form last season is as good as it will ever get for any youth player. Even as great as messi was in la masia academy, he wasn't pulling up trees and walking on water. he couldn't have been that much better than a fit jermey Boga at that level.

It's a lost cause because no matter how well a youth does at that level at Chelsea, it will always be dismissed as "playing for chelsea is a different kettle of fish". Well throw them in the deep end and let's find out then.

Great point. Personally i will love to know the youth and reserve team record and performance level of young strikers that blossomed when given opportunities in the first team of top/decent european teams. I will be surprised if there are many with better record than solanke who netted 41 goals in 39 apps last season. I can't imagine the Rooneys, Owen,Fowlers of this world having much better record and performance at that level than that. Solanke and Musonda's form last season is as good as it will ever get for any youth player. Even as great as messi was in la masia academy, he wasn't pulling up trees and walking on water. he couldn't have been that much better than a fit jermey Boga at that level.

It's a lost cause because no matter how well a youth does at that level at Chelsea, it will always be dismissed as "playing for chelsea is a different kettle of fish". Well throw them in the deep end and let's find out then.

Does that matter in the end? Classic American sports movie: star in high school, nobody in college or star in college, nobody in the pros.

I remember Bojan scoring 1000+ goals at youth level, breaking records and all. Now he plays for Stoke. Eto'o was a Real reject and he became a Barca legend. Not exactly the same scenario but Pirlo joined Inter at 19 after one season at Serie A level, failed, became Milan and Juve legend.

In the end it's about how you do in the pros. If the likes Solanke, RLC etc. don't make it at Chelsea, they should make it in another top team if they have the talent. It doesn't disappear.

The fact that barely anyone gets a proper chance is sad though, can't disagree with that. You'd think this group of players would have a better chance, proving themselves on an international level and all.

Does that matter in the end? Classic American sports movie: star in high school, nobody in college or star in college, nobody in the pros.

I remember Bojan scoring 1000+ goals at youth level, breaking records and all. Now he plays for Stoke. Eto'o was a Real reject and he became a Barca legend. Not exactly the same scenario but Pirlo joined Inter at 19 after one season at Serie A level, failed, became Milan and Juve legend.

In the end it's about how you do in the pros. If the likes Solanke, RLC etc. don't make it at Chelsea, they should make it in another top team if they have the talent. It doesn't disappear.

The fact that barely anyone gets a proper chance is sad though, can't disagree with that. You'd think this group of players would have a better chance, proving themselves on an international level and all.

But that's the point. these kids are not given opportunity to prove they have the ability to hack it at the top level. The argument is usually that talent is not enough i.e They have to show consistency/productivity at whatever level they are at be it in the reserves or on loan. the problem with that however is Jose and even some of our fans automatically dismiss youngsters who are performing well as "well they are only doing it at a level below chelsea's and i.e cannot be trusted" well how are they suppose to demonstrate the ability to hack it at the top level then. It's either by actually giving them the opportunity here at chelsea or loaning them to a club on a similar level to us like PSG,Atletico,Juventus,City et al and that's just never going to happen. hence why i said they can't win.

As for the second bolded part, It's not efficient or shrewd to find out you sold "the one that got away" like Matic only to end up paying over the odds for the player you once owned or in some instances find it impossible to get them back like Man utd and Pogba. I don't want us to be in a position where we are regretting the direction we went with some of our most promising youngsters in the future. With proper guidance and opportunities players like Musonda,solanke,Boga and Ake can make it here (The latter has already shown enough to justify the confidence)

They also got plenty of return.

For example Inter spent 61m, got 62m, so they made profit of 1m.

Juve spent 90m, they got around 60m back.

While they are certainly on rise, next summer they wont act same way unless they will sell again. This summer both milans have replaced half the squad with high ambitions and juve had to replace ageing players.

But take juve as example, they are one of biggest loosers of summer. Yes they replaced old players indeed, but when it comes to improvement, hardly anything been done. Only improvement was Sandro instead of Evra. They gone from best midfield into very unbalanced one. Pogba will leave too sooner or later. Khedira alway injured and then replacing Tevez with Mandzukic is just funny (Dybala has a long way to go). Worst, they sold three absolutely key players out of four that gave the team creativity. Tevez, Pirlo and Vidal. And who have they bought as creative replacement? Hernanes?

Anyway Draxler is best example. Juve were in talks for him all summer but couldnt afford him. Wolfs came in two days paid the price that wasnt that huge either and juve had to go for Hernanes instead.

While italian football generaly is slightly improving in terms of finances, it tells alot that their best team cant afford some players. And inter had to sell in order to buy too, mancini said that quite a few times.

Spanish top teams, english top teams, psg and bayern will dominate football windows for quite some time. No italian club is even close to that group financialy. The way juve has worked in this summer is couple of times worse than us.