Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

He was pretty bad. Constantly caught watching football, not moving when he was very needed with defending and such.

Must've been watching a different game, Rubén had a good game!

About Ruben Loftus-Cheek I'm angry with Jose (but I love Jose, we all know ...). I do not understand why he does not have more opportunities. RLC is not "lazy", he is a "young", simply a young player. But Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the best CM for the future among players under 20 years. Someone special destined to be like Steven Gerrard but with us.

I do not know if we will sign another CM (I hope so) before the market closes, but RLC and Oscar must begin to be important from now.

Right now Manchester City has run away with + 8 points in the table, and I do not want to give up because it is very soon and we are Chelsea, but maybe is the best season to give opportunities to young guys. With RLC - Oscar - Zouma - Kenedy being important for us since now.

Please Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a gold mine. There is no reason to not trust him.

More faux praise for another nothing performance from RLC.

It wasn't a nothing performance at all. It looked good from where I was sitting, everyone around me in the Shed thought so too. He came on and provided drive and upped the tempo in midfield. He was asked to sit a bit as well and he handled his tactical responsibility quite well. Good performance from me, he can definitely build on this.

I'd pick him ahead of Cesc for the next game, but there's the international break now so it's not that easy of a choice for any position for our next game.

Still he can offer more in defense at least and isn't bad at going forward.

Now as much as I don't care about youth integration, I'm going to overrate RLC massively. If, played in a 4-3-3 with Fabregas/Oscar and being given that Box-to-box role, he can be as good as Pogba for us.

And while you laugh at the comment above, I can firmly say, the guy has the same treat as Pogba, but unlike Paul he hasn't had regular playing time and the freedom to roam forward. I don't realise why Jose actually doesn't opt for him, instead of Ramires. Ruben is calm and the ball, intelligent as to when and where to land a tackle, doesn't risk too much, and will stay back when needed. If shielded by Matic for 60% of the defensive duties, he can calmly help him, while also gettin the ball forward with the long step that he posesses. I can't quite cut it, actually. Pogba is a dream, nonetheless, his technicality and "swagger" is out of this world, but he is given the freedom, to be a physical pressence when needed and be lazy, when others are controlling play. Also he can bomb forward whenever there is a need to and has that long shot, which could change a game. I'm honestly seeing Ruben as THAT guy. He has the same qualities. He may be lazy at times, but it's solely down to his physique, in my eyes. He isn't, yet, perfectly built to withstand running left , right and centre. I want to see him covering Fabregas's minimal defensive duties, which he can do better, whilist supplying and laying simple passes and coming outside the box for a shot or tackle(if counter - attack). Hope we see more of him this season.

If we do not we sign another CM before the market closes... I think Jose should bet all on Ruben Loftus-Cheek as our CM for the whole season.

We have started very badly, even now seems difficult fight to win Premier League (although there are still many points to fight). For that reason I think this season Our main objective should be consolidate our project for young players, with Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Zouma as major innovations to our starting eleven, and giving more importance to players like Oscar or Kenedy.

I'm not giving up about Premier League, but it would be a fantastic season if we fight to win FA Cup, League Cup and, above all, Champions League, in addition to consolidate three or four young players in our starting eleven.

I think we will have any chance of winning Premier League, but I think that consolidate our project with young players must be our main objective.

And II'm not giving up or throwing the towel, because players like Zouma - RLC - Kenedy (perhaps Baba also, I do not know) have more ambition, desire to conquer the world. That is what we need to fight to win Premier League.

Ambition - illusion - youth - winning mentality - Innovation - courage - don't be predictable - changes

Maybe it's better to bet on the youth to stay alive on Premier League. I think we need to change our mind, have players with more motivation, players who have never won trophies and want to be important.

Courtois

Zouma John Terry ©

Azpi Baba

RLC Matic

Oscar

or Willian / Fabregas

Pedro Hazard

or Kenedy

Diego Cosa

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a gold mine. The jewel of our academy. Come on! Sergio Busquets made his debut with Barcelona with 20 years, going from playing in mud fields on the Spanish third division moving to to play from one day to another in the Camp Nou with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi. And the experiment worked.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek may be a similar case. He has to play on Premier League since now. Maybe not against Everton because it's a difficult game and away from The Bridge, but RLC must be in our starting eleven against Maccabi Tel-Avic on Stamford Bridge on Wednesday 16 September. We have nothing to lose ...
It's now or never!

Now as much as I don't care about youth integration, I'm going to overrate RLC massively. If, played in a 4-3-3 with Fabregas/Oscar and being given that Box-to-box role, he can be as good as Pogba for us.

And while you laugh at the comment above, I can firmly say, the guy has the same treat as Pogba, but unlike Paul he hasn't had regular playing time and the freedom to roam forward. I don't realise why Jose actually doesn't opt for him, instead of Ramires. Ruben is calm and the ball, intelligent as to when and where to land a tackle, doesn't risk too much, and will stay back when needed. If shielded by Matic for 60% of the defensive duties, he can calmly help him, while also gettin the ball forward with the long step that he posesses. I can't quite cut it, actually. Pogba is a dream, nonetheless, his technicality and "swagger" is out of this world, but he is given the freedom, to be a physical pressence when needed and be lazy, when others are controlling play. Also he can bomb forward whenever there is a need to and has that long shot, which could change a game. I'm honestly seeing Ruben as THAT guy. He has the same qualities. He may be lazy at times, but it's solely down to his physique, in my eyes. He isn't, yet, perfectly built to withstand running left , right and centre. I want to see him covering Fabregas's minimal defensive duties, which he can do better, whilist supplying and laying simple passes and coming outside the box for a shot or tackle(if counter - attack). Hope we see more of him this season.

I said this a long time ago in the Pogba thread.

Why can't RLC develop into a similar player? He has more or less the same physical profile and technical ability.

Why can't RLC develop into a similar player? He has more or less the same physical profile and technical ability.

I believe "someone " said he wasn't ready and still had a lot of improving to do

Courtois

Zouma John Terry ©

Azpi Baba

RLC Matic

Oscar

or Willian / Fabregas

Pedro Hazard

or Kenedy

Diego Cosa

I goona say this again, if we gonna drop Hazard from our XI Pedro probably gonna play on the left and Kenedy on the right, because he is left footed.

Afaik Fabregas must be either dropped or put in a Pirlo role. Form had nothing to do with it, opposition coaches have simply figured out how to stop us from playing (as well as Oscar missing)

So either RLC here:

-----------Courtois

Azpi Cahill Terry Baba

------------CESC

------RLC--------Matic

------------Oscar

-------Costa---Hazard (in a free role)

Or at the expense of Cesc completely:

RLC---Matic---Oscar

Pedro-Costa-Hazard

RLC is even stronger,has a very good technique,although Pogba has the far superior shooting technique.

But Mou has to give him chances like he gives Ivanovic his chances.A fair amount of games where he can play as a number 8.RLC is not a number 6,even though he played quite good yesterday playing this role,but he is not a nr.6.He is also not a number 10 where Mou used him somestimes.I do not know why he even used him there.

Just give him a chance and give him at least a little bit of freedom.Matic would than have a strong midfield partner on his side,who actually can win some tackles unlike Cesc and that would mean that Matic can concentrate on doing what Matic does best and that´s winning tackles.When Cesc only plays along side him,Matic has to do everything.He has to run,win tackles,make some good passes etc.Matic is not Son Goku who can do everything^^.He needs RLC to support him.If RLC plays with Matic,Cesc could concentrate doing his offensive part of his job and even if he loses some tackles,no worries,RLC and Matic would be there to solve his mistakes,but Matic can´t support Cesc alone.He needs someone strong next to him.

4-3-3

----Matic

RLC-Cesc

Just do it Mou.It can´t be worse than that