Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Can someone please direct me to TalkChelsea? I seem to have accidentally clicked on TalkCynically.net

Jeez, some people just feed on negative energy that I feel they pray and hope that everything goes wrong. Shut up and give the kid a chance AT LEAST till the end of this coming season before you even start to pass judgement.

Hi friend!

It is true what you say CHOULO19, I have been negative against RLC (sorry) but it is because I think that the guy could get very far with us, even for a one-club man with Chelsea. Maybe Iwas wrong because I have high hopes for him. But it is true that we have to go step by step with RLC.

It is true RLC needs our trust in the first matches or in the first 100 days after of the start of the season against Arsenal. I think that those 100 days would be a good yardstick to be able to judge his performance and perhaps he could have several opportunities in our starting eleven at the start of the season. Not against Arsenal or City because Jose for those matches prefer experienced players, but at least in the match at The Bridge I believe that RLC should be in our starting eleven to begin assessing his performance.

Match by match with Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the best for him. I trust RLC.

Regards.

It's not as if he's not motivated, but Ake has always been a better performer to me in the midfield from games I've watched from both.

I feel if Ake was taller he would have been given the same opportunity.

If he's fully motivated then he must have a weird and ineffective way of showing it. generally speaking youth players have to work twice as hard as the already established players and RLC has looked lazy and uninvolved.

Well, you can look at my signature and there's quote from Jose who said that Ruben will be ready also from a mental point of view. Now he's saying that he's far from ready. :carlo:

The guys that hasn't watched him at youth level think that he's some kind of dirty-worker, limited player who's big and like to get into tackles. That's not Ruben but so far he only looks like that player. Hasn't showed too many positive things to be honest. Not adventurous at all. I really do think that Mario Pasalic would be better option than Ruben but he isn't HG. Charlie Colkett would have bigger impact and I'm sure of it. But he's not that big though. Let's face it, Ruben is here because he's HG and big. Let's look what youngsters Jose took on tour this year : Ola Aina, Jake Clark-Salter, Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Dominic Solanke all big, physically dominant players and the likes of Charly Musonda and Charlie Colkett were left out. Bias towards size is clear here but now it doesn't matter, Ruben is here to stay for now and what he's showed so far, that's not Ruben, it's not good enough. I had to recently explain to my friend that he isn't the player we saw so far, he isn't Mikel, he's adventurous, strong, fast, powerful box-to-box player who is very positive in what he does, my friend has doubts about it and after each game I have my doubts too.

Hopefully he will get more and more comfortable playing around this players because I think he's not there yet like Jose predicted he'll be.

The small statured players are not suited to parking the bus, you need muscle and plenty of stamina for that :Goober:

On a serious note I think it boils down to trust and the obligation to fill the homegrown quota. It's inconclusive to say he favors size overall when we have players like Fabregas,Oscar and ramires in the first team. I feel he just has a distrust for youth players who aren't physically imposing in general and this can be traced back to all the youngsters he's ever really fully promoted to the first team or given moderate to proper opportunities to. Huth, Balotteli, Santon,Varane,Morata et al all have one thing in common, which is size. Even the somewhat smaller (5ft8) jese rodriguez is quite stocky with a great low centre of gravity

He doesn't have this distrust for the more established players hence why we have some lightweights in the first team. It's just a mentality issue really. The less established they are, the more size matters.

Can someone please direct me to TalkChelsea? I seem to have accidentally clicked on TalkCynically.net

Jeez, some people just feed on negative energy that I feel they pray and hope that everything goes wrong. Shut up and give the kid a chance AT LEAST till the end of this coming season before you even start to pass judgement.

Most Chelsea fans are like overweight people in this department, they want to see young players given a chance, but they don't want to go through the up and down of the development of a young player. Similar most fat people recognize they need to lose weight, but they are not willing to do the hard work of eating right and exercising.

Hi friend!

It is true what you say CHOULO19, I have been negative against RLC (sorry) but it is because I think that the guy could get very far with us, even for a one-club man with Chelsea. Maybe Iwas wrong because I have high hopes for him. But it is true that we have to go step by step with RLC.

It is true RLC needs our trust in the first matches or in the first 100 days after of the start of the season against Arsenal. I think that those 100 days would be a good yardstick to be able to judge his performance and perhaps he could have several opportunities in our starting eleven at the start of the season. Not against Arsenal or City because Jose for those matches prefer experienced players, but at least in the match at The Bridge I believe that RLC should be in our starting eleven to begin assessing his performance.

Match by match with Ruben Loftus-Cheek is the best for him. I trust RLC.

Regards.

Honestly, this wasn't aimed at your post in particular, and I'm not at all saying that there aren't many valid criticisms, but just the series of negative posts one after the other all already writing him off just defy belief.

Let's all put some trust in RLC! :D

Honestly, this wasn't aimed at your post in particular, and I'm not at all saying that there aren't many valid criticisms, but just the series of negative posts one after the other all already writing him off just defy belief.

Let's all put some trust in RLC! :D

perhaps you should tell Jose to put some trust in a number of our young players

Its a shame we are giving this rare opportunity to a player who's not motivated enough to grab it with both hand.ake should and does deserve to take his spot imo

Or has anyone actually thought hes not good enough yet to take this chance?

He looks out of sorts as a deeper midfielder in a pivot in my eyes and also as a 10 he looks pretty useless. In the u21s he is good, he steamrolls everybody, he is a huge presence in that age group but size and power isn't enough in the first team. Players like Nathan Ake, Palasic, van Ginkel... are all A LOT better than him. Stoke wanted to loan him, instead we gave them a guy with nearly 200 career appearances and a Netherlands cap... why? I think Jose rates Ruben too highly, really do.

• 2 weeks later...

RLC had a good performance yesterday (IMO), in the role of CM and arriving at the rival box. But he has to change certain aspects of their behavior, such as being an more aggressive player, fight harder on every play and play every ball as if it were the last. I am not saying lazy, but he would have to be more aggressive. Sometimes it seems that he plays too calm on the grass ... without competitive pressure.

Jose goes step by step with him, and that's the best way with the young players, but the next step is up to RLC.

Regards.

i thought he was pretty good last night. defensively as well as in attack. probably his first good performance. hope he can show more of this.

Lisbon was good , and he didn't do anything wrong vs Liverpool