Tobey Gibson
Followers 6

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

27 passes, 100% pass completion, 3 interceptions, 1 tackle, 1 block. Not sure what more people were expecting from a 19 year old on his début put in there to sit with Mikel.

Few people slagging him off already. Unbelievable.

And then they moan about lack of youth integration!

Posted Images

Would absolutely love it, if we keep the millions for Pogba and RLC turns into a less flashier, tad less talented, same bracket player. They COULD both feature in a team, imo.

Overall though, I am really optimistic that RLC will get minutes in this season.

• Like 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ZAIOjj7OY

Here are the match highlights of RLC match against USA U23

WOW.

He really has improved his passing.

I mean, his passing was average at best, he was the most dangerous when he was running with the ball through middle.

Now look, LOOK, how quickly he releases the ball. As soon as he receives, he instantly thinks about making a pass. It's colossal difference. He doesn't carry the ball anymore and slows things down. It's as clear as day that was particular feature he was working on in the last months. Yes, there are still some off touches and some wrongly timed pass but I tell this again, it's colossal difference. Also very positive is that he not only thinks about releasing the ball as quickly as possible but also thinks about playing it further forward. He shows signs of vision and creativity. As a box-to-box midfielder he doesn't have to be playmaker but his passing have to be silky and positive.

Very encouraging stuff.

• Like 2

I think he has to be alot more efficient with his game. He plays too safe for my liking, should play more with ball at his feet, take more shots, drive through defences using his size and skill. Unless he will be a DM, but I would hate that, he should be b2b, because he has good ball control and passing, however he doesnt use it often enough.

Needs to be more agressive, less passive and he should be fine. Mou must not kill the imagination in this man, or he will become Mikel 2.0

• Like 1

I think he has to be alot more efficient with his game. He plays too safe for my liking, should play more with ball at his feet, take more shots, drive through defences using his size and skill. Unless he will be a DM, but I would hate that, he should be b2b, because he has good ball control and passing, however he doesnt use it often enough.

Needs to be more agressive, less passive and he should be fine. Mou must not kill the imagination in this man, or he will become Mikel 2.0

If you judge him from the video I posted,he played a defensive role til the 60th minute and then Chalobah came on the pitch,RLC was was given more offensive freedom.That´s why it seems that he did not do that much for the offensive play

• Like 1

If you judge him from the video I posted,he played a defensive role til the 60th minute and then Chalobah came on the pitch,RLC was was given more offensive freedom.That´s why it seems that he did not do that much for the offensive play

Yea I saw the video, but I was judging more on what i saw from him in general; I know he can go forward and sometimes he does, but he has to do it more often.

I hope he wont end up as DM; but if he wants to make it as B2B he will have to be more decisive, involved in attack etc.

• Like 2

This is why he needs minutes and high level coaching to take him to the next level. Two things I'm not sure he will get unfortunately.

• Like 3

As a box-to-box midfielder he doesn't have to be playmaker but his passing have to be silky and positive.

Very encouraging stuff.

hopefully mourinho use and give him proper role.

But I can't expect too much. Not surprised if what will be happen is mourinho still always keep and trust his best setup with fab-matic pair in every match, if the situation isnt going very well or getting worse.

In mourinho mind, neccesary change only because like this :

- Ramires for chasing the game

- Mikel for close/secured the point.

- RLC ? when the game offer the situation which give player very easy challenge or not harm young player in anyway possible

in order to protect him (lol and sad at the same time).

It means very rare to play

Sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2ZAIOjj7OY

Here are the match highlights of RLC match against USA U23

Come on guys, watch the video of Ruben Loftus-Cheek against USA U23. This guy is a scandalously perfect player. Please, this guy must be in our starting eleven since now. PLEASE! We do not have a better choice for our midfield.

Please watch the video... (Jose, you too)

• Like 2

Come on guys, watch the video of Ruben Loftus-Cheek against USA U23. This guy is a scandalously perfect player. Please, this guy must be in our starting eleven since now. PLEASE! We do not have a better choice for our midfield.

Please watch the video... (Jose, you too)

Agree, must watch. His passing is insane, he improved a lot. He is ready.

EDIT: More I look at his abilities, more I think he is JUST the kind of player we need. He is fast, good in defense, solid in attack, good passer, tall and strong enough. He is worth of every risk, coach. Give him chance and freedom. Matić - RLC - Oscar/Fabregas in 4-3-3 would be a killer combination.

• Like 1

Agree, must watch. His passing is insane, he improved a lot. He is ready.

EDIT: More I look at his abilities, more I think he is JUST the kind of player we need. He is fast, good in defense, solid in attack, good passer, tall and strong enough. He is worth of every risk, coach. Give him chance and freedom. Matić - RLC - Oscar/Fabregas in 4-3-3 would be a killer combination.

I don't think that Ruben's talent was ever in doubt. It's always been mainly a question of hustle with him. After Kennedy's first appearance in the summer my first thought was that I hoped Ruben was watching. (Which he was of course, but you know what I mean.) Jose took it easy on RLC when he laid into him in Australia. The young man needs to to be more involved in games, to be an influence. Yes this applies when we don't have possession but it applies just as much when we do.

For me, Ruben still drifts through some games so it was music to my ears when Jose said he'd be staying here to benefit from more time under TSO's tutelage. There's a dark side to that statement mind, a side that can best be summed up with a question; what have the academy coaches been doing? Two and a half years ago I said Ruben needed a kick up the backside or he'd fail. That may have been administered privately of course but, if it was, it certainly didn't work or else there'd have been no need for Jose to repeat it. I've been a staunch defender of the Academy but I won't defend them on this.

• Like 3

RLC is playing against Norways U21 and he is playing the no.10 role.He doesn´t get that many passes from his team members because Englands wingers are far to selfish(Redmond and Ibe),but he does the best when he receives the ball.He knows when to pass and where to pass.Also,he knows when to dribble and when not to dribble.He seems to be on another level,but let´s see what Mou thinks about him.

That is what the Dailymail says about his performance.The match is still going on.Half time

Whether it is a new look team, the pitch or a combination of the two, England are below par. Ruben Loftus-Cheek is catching the eye but others are struggling to get into the game.

• Like 1

Subbed on 50 minutes. A couple of good involvements in the second half but nothing decisive.

He just needs more games - it's as simple as that for me - other players in the same squad are getting chances in their teams, yet he is not. Must be massively frustrating.

I hope he gets a run of games and I can see him being a great player for us - along with some of his mates in the reserves.

Fergie did it - now it's Mou's turn!

• Jase changed the title to 12. Ruben Loftus-Cheek