Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

Chelsea midfielder determined to impress Jose Mourinho after 'backwards step' jibe

CHELSEA midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek is determined to continue his development after receiving heavy criticism from Blues boss Jose Mourinho.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek: "I just want to push on, do more things and get more games for Chelsea next season”.

Link. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/447548/Chelsea-Ruben-Loftus-Cheek-Jose-Mourinho-Stamford-Bridge-England-News-Gossip-Latest

I

love

Mind Games

Regards.

He was very good for the U21s tonight. Much better than the other centre midfielders

I only saw the last 25 minutes but during that time I certainly agree. Barring a couple of Harry Kane touches, all the moments of quality England produced while I watched, came from Ruben. I thought the performance was typical of him actually. Lot's of precise manipulation of the ball to get it out of his feet to create opportunities for runs, or angles for passes and always something effective on the end of it, albeit usually simple. It was an enjoyable display but, overall, it was still more of what I've been commenting on ever since Ruben came to our attention over 2 years ago.

Jose talked about Ruben not working hard enough when Chelsea didn't have the ball. That comment was not wrong, but nor did it cover everything RLC needs to hear. For me Ruben doesn't work hard enough when Ruben doesn't have the ball. Virtually all of his involvements that I saw were positive but there just weren't enough of them. Granted, he no longer seems to stroll around as I used to complain about him doing but he isn't busting a gut to get into possession either. There were spells during which he occupied the '10' area, with his back to goal, drifting from one position where his teammates didn't have an angle to get the ball to him, into another position where his teammates didn't have an angle to get the ball to him.

Does this add up to the lad needing to work harder, or work smarter? I suppose it's a bit of both, as usual, but I remain upbeat about Ruben. He has the talent, everything else can be learned. Two plus years ago I said Ruben needed a kick up the backside. Well, he may have had a few privately but hopefully the public one administered last week will provide the spark he needs.

P.S. The post match panel were raving about him.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is not the typical player who needs a loan to another team to become important in the first team. RLC can bring down the wall and get a place in our starting eleven.

I hope that RLC will be in our first team next season and this news are just rumors Typical of the summer.

Regards.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is not the typical player who needs a loan to another team to become important in the first team. RLC can bring down the wall and get a place in our starting eleven.

I hope that RLC will be in our first team next season and this news are just rumors Typical of the summer.

Regards.

RLC cannot even start on England u21....

What makes you think he can start or play a significant role on the first team next season.

What makes you think he can start or play a significant role on the first team next season.

Hi friend!

I think Jose wants to make RLC the first player that he is able to draw from an academy and make him a world TOP PLAYER. I have never seen Jose talk about a guy of an academy as he does with RLC.

We have to be calm. RLC will be important for us.

Regards.

Because he has just joined the set up. England had the lowest first team appearances of all the teams in the tournament. They couldn't afford to play him.

Hi friend!

I think Jose wants to make RLC the first player that he is able to draw from an academy and make him a world TOP PLAYER. I have never seen Jose talk about a guy of an academy as he does with RLC.

We have to be calm. RLC will be important for us.

Regards.

I don't think so. Jose could care less about making an academy product a top player...

Jose is a manager that cares about the present and results, not about the growth of players. RLC would be behind cesc, matic, rambo, and even zouma. RLC will probably be loaned to an epl team to gain some exp before he ever gets a chance on the first team.

I don't think so. Jose could care less about making an academy product a top player...

Jose is a manager that cares about the present and results, not about the growth of players. RLC would be behind cesc, matic, rambo, and even zouma. RLC will probably be loaned to an epl team to gain some exp before he ever gets a chance on the first team.

Hi friend!

Maybe, but I I have the feeling (for small sensations) that Jose is back with us to create a dynasty in English football. And to create the dynasty he wants to make his mark with a great generation of young players. So this season Zouma has begun to come into their plans, so I think he wants to sign Varane (although it is impossible), and that is why Jose always speaks so highly of Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

In fact, in May a reporter asked Jose about Pogba, Koke ... and Jose said: "Maybe I sign a great player for our midfield and that great player stays on the bench because RLC is my the chosen player for my midfield. "

I think all these doubts that have appeared this month on RLC are just MIND GAMES to motivate him. To cause that RLC is angry now and he's going to fight in the preseason as the best to gain a foothold in our starting eleven.

Seriously, since a long time I did not see a young player with such good capabilities as RLC. He should not go anywhere on loan. RLC has abilities for success with us since our Academy. I trust Ruben Loftus-Cheek.

Regards.

I don`t think RLC is ready for long periods in the starting 11 but certainly I want to see him get the "mikel minutes". loaning players out to get extra minutes does not always happen,they are always coached by coaches who coach in a different way than what we would do,surrounded by different class of players in training and during matches,for a team that have their own agenda where his development is hardly considered.

Zouma is an established squad player now.we can`t hide behind saying that we are giving our youth a chance just because of him.RLC has been given time at the end of the season and didn`t appear out of his depth.the same as Kalas when he had his chance but although I wanted us to keep him around after that,atleast in midfield there is more rotation for fringe players to get a chance.

if we loan RLC out we will need to sign somebody who will either block RLC`s path back into the squad or be a wasted signing.

How did he do today? Saw that England have scored after he came in. Did he have any influence on that or was some individual brilliance that saved the day?

Judging by reaction , he impressed. Not only fan reaction , bbc journalist and Phil neville praised him.

How did he do today? Saw that England have scored after he came in. Did he have any influence on that or was some individual brilliance that saved the day?

Just saw the very end of the BTSport coverage and Ruben played no part in the goal which came from a 20 yard strike following a corner. They did not show the build up to the corner however so I don't know if Ruben was involved in that. The two studio pundits, as well as England U21 manager Gareth Southgate, were full of praise for him. The two lads in the studio both said they feel he should start against Italy in game 3.