Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

How often do we see players go out on loan to teams who have very little use for them because the position they play in is already covered and as a resultare either forced to ride the bench or played completely out of position.

I think Josh is the prime example of this. At the height of his touted rise to our first team he was sent out to Swansea, a Swansea team that had a midfield of Allen, Ledley and whoever all settled and picking up points for the Swans.. Complete wrong club.

He did well but IMO Ake is the one that should realy get the chance right now. Technicaly and intelligence wise, Ake is above Rlc atm.

But by no means was RLC poor or average. He did very decent job, but his character will tell how far he will go. If he is a fighter, he can suceed here big time. If he is passive just like Mikel, then...

Same, from what I have seen, Ake is better than RLC.

Same, from what I have seen, Ake is better than RLC.

I get that feeling so far too. He definitely benefited from having more first team action though. But correct me if I'm wrong, Ake isn't the kind to power past people is he? RLC however is very much capable of doing what Yaya and Matic can. I think once he starts getting the feel of first team football he will be much better. I thought Zouma seemed out of place early on but his positioning and decision making has improved tremendously. I think Jose reckons he can do the same with RLC.

Jose has already committed to RLC that he now has to rank him ahead of more deserving players like ake in the pecking order to save face atleast. I do agree with the skipper however that rlc has the higher ceiling but that counts for little in reality as it's about what a player is able to do now and how well they develop. A few seasons ago, many thought chalobah and van anholt were superior or had higher ceiling than ake and Bertrand respectively.

I believe that RLC has a higher ceiling too, I just want to see him act a bit more lividly in future games, more like a bulldog. There are some things that you can only gain with playing time, and some that you can have when you are 10 already. I felt like there were times against WBA when the opposition was attacking and he was strolling around instead of aggressively positioning himself. While positioning itself comes with time, the intensity of your play can be visible earlier, something we see all the time with Ake.

I do still think he did quite well. I do not expect a 19-year old to come in and be like Carrick in terms of distribution or Matic in positioning. He showed that he is not a liability already, and capable of taking over Mikel's spot. Calm in possession, strong in the air, and willing to get the ball. I'm not going to judge his chances before I have seen him start like 15 games or so, before that nerves and inexperience are always going to show themselves.

I would love to see a future midfield with RLC and Colkett, as unlikely as it seems. Colkett has completely won me over this season, what a passer.

Jose has already committed to RLC that he now has to rank him ahead of more deserving players like ake in the pecking order to save face atleast. I do agree with the skipper however that rlc has the higher ceiling but that counts for little in reality as it's about what a player is able to do now and how well they develop. A few seasons ago, many thought chalobah and van anholt were superior or had higher ceiling than ake and Bertrand respectively.

Honestly speaking, I still rate Chalobah very highly, I'm really mad at how the club have treated his development.

I bit undeservedly to be fair. He's a good prospect but no way has he shown more this year that someone like Reed, or even Baker and Swift.

Breaking through to the CFC first team and getting highly praised by Jose is no mean feat by itself.

I bit undeservedly to be fair. He's a good prospect but no way has he shown more this year that someone like Reed, or even Baker and Swift.

Don't think he'll play to be frank.

Southgate left out Sterling, Barkley, Wilshere, Ox etc because he considers them senior players. RLC's inclusion seems like he's there to fill the numbers in the squad, hope we'll see a bit more of him though!

Southgate left out Sterling, Barkley, Wilshere, Ox etc because he considers them senior players. RLC's inclusion seems like he's there to fill the numbers in the squad, hope we'll see a bit more of him though!

If he trains well I think he'll surprise a few on here.

A midfield 3 of Chalobah, Ward-Prowse and RLC would be very balanced and interesting.

TBH his competition isn't impressive at all. outside of ward Prowse, I can't name one midfielder who's definitely superior to him in that named squad.

If he trains well I think he'll surprise a few on here.

A midfield 3 of Chalobah, Ward-Prowse and RLC would be very balanced and interesting.

TBH his competition isn't impressive at all. outside of ward Prowse, I can't name one midfielder who's definitely superior to him in that named squad.

True, it does seem like this a more attack minded squad. Lot of onus will be on Kane & Bamford.

Personally I will line up like this

Butland

. . .Dier. . . .Stones. . . . .Chambers. . . .jenkinson

prowse......Cahlobah . . . .Cheik. . . . Redmond

Beharino Kane

That team is not balanced and has width problem (It's somewhat negated by the threat of dier from the right and Redmond from the left) but that is the sacrifice that must be made in order to squeeze two of England's best players (Beharino and kane) into the same team.

In any other formation, one of Kane or saido will have to be dropped. Whatever the case, Stones and Kane will be the first names on the team sheet.

. .

True, it does seem like this a more attack minded squad. Lot of onus will be on Kane & Bamford.

I will be surprised if banford starts ahead of Beharino. Think it will be Kane and saido as the focal point.

As much as I rate bamford and as well as he's done, those two are ahead of him in the peckig order due to their premier league experience

Personally I will line up like this

Butland

. . .Dier. . . .Stones. . . . .Chambers. . . .jenkinson

prowse......Cahlobah . . . .Cheik. . . . Redmond

Beharino Kane

That team is not balanced and has width problem (It's somewhat negated by the threat of dier from the right and Redmond from the left) but that is the sacrifice that must be made in order to squeeze two of England's best players (Beharino and kane) into the same team.

In any other formation, one of Kane or saido will have to be dropped. Whatever the case, Stones and Kane will be the first names on the team sheet.

. .

Can Saido (and Bamford) not play out wide?

So something like:

Butland

Chambers - Dier - Stones - Garbutt

Chalobah

RLC - Ward-Prowse

Bamford - Kane - Berahino

Can Saido (and Bamford) not play out wide?

So something like:

Butland

Chambers - Dier - Stones - Garbutt

Chalobah

RLC - Ward Prowse

Bamford - Kane - Berahino

First off, You haven't explained how they would trick UEFA into allowing them field 12 players :Goober:

It just might work. Bamford has played on the right wing multiple times before for Derby and Middlesborough and Beharino is a versatile forward. it still feels like overkill to me with no natural width.