Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

People talk about him the same way that they spoke of Chalobah and McEachran before them.

I believe the difference with RLC is the fact that the lad has had a man's body since he was 16. For example, he went toe-to-toe with Yaya in that friendly the other season and he wasn't phased in the slightest. In fact, there are occasions where both Yaya and Kompany got physical with the lad to stop his running. He is capable of becoming a strong runner from deep (similar to Essien, but probably more so to Mikel+speed) and I think José would love that in his squad.

See 0:55 and 1:39 for examples.

For a hundred million times already, Jose said RLC will be our first team player next season.

Which is a vague statement and means shit. He'll be very probably riding the bench like first team players Ake and Baker did.

Zouma was not a worldwide star when we signed him.

Now with Varane and Laporte he is the best young Centre-Back for the next decade.

Sign young talents like Courtois or Zouma also is part of our policy of signings for young players.

Puyol Barcelona is a legend and he came to La Masia with 19 years ....

Sergio Ramos arrived at Real Madrid with 19 years for 30 million euros ...

Varane came to Real Madrid for a similar price as the price of Zouma.

£12 million for 20 year old centre back and he is not a star ?! :clown:

I don't care about Zouma like Puyol, Ramos, Varane....

I care about RLC, Ake are "at same level as Puyol, Ramos, Varane"(wtf) and care about Mourinho, not Barca, Real's manager

Which is a vague statement and means shit. He'll be very probably riding the bench like first team players Ake and Baker did.

Most likely, because Matic and Fabregas still around. Jose has said he will be a first team player though, not a starter.

To be fair, Jose's words about RLC and Solanke are spot on.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/04/mourinho--doing-everything-right.html?WT.mc_id=social_20150425_44665726&adbid=591961160775143424&adbpl=tw&adbpr=22910295&short_code=2vh13

It's always better when the player can develop while playing in friendly environment which can match his skills. So many of our loanees would look better if they had better technical players around.

I very much like this approach that in theory we want to develop players within. Finally, should I say. But I think that's not because of Jose expert view on the matter but rather whole bunch of people at Chelsea who see that loan system is broken, doesn't bring goods and they try different approach.

So far that just the words of course and they can very well mean nothing but change in pure approach is very positive. They don't want to throw away players to don't bother with the problem for the next 2-3 years, instead they try to keep the player and look on him and develop him on day to day in the club. I like this and it's utmost better than loan circus.

£12 million for 20 year old centre back and he is not a star ?! :clown:

I don't care about Zouma like Puyol, Ramos, Varane....

I care about RLC, Ake are "at same level as Puyol, Ramos, Varane"(wtf) and care about Mourinho, not Barca, Real's manager

Some people live just in love to criticize Chelsea, but I do not ....

All great teams fichan young players for amounts between 0 and 15 million euros and only some become legends. Puyol and Ramos were signed very young for their teams and now have a similar role as John Terry in our history. Zouma will be important for us despite the fact that he was 19 years old when we signed him.

It is easy to understand ... And please: NO NEED TO TAKE EXAMPLES LITERALLY.

Zouma might be preparing now their transfer to Vittese, but no, sorry, he's with us to be important the next decade in our starting eleven. As Courtois. Young players signed to create a great team.

Sorry, but our policy with young players is working well and the time gives the reason to our managers. This fun discussion for some (some is more concerned about our failures than our successes) is close to finishing ....

1. Courtois. 2. Zouma. 3. Ruben Loftus-Cheek. 4. ...

I still don't believe Mou, he lies a lot. For example:

Mourinho : "David Luiz will stay at Chelsea"- Luiz is gone (thank god he went btw)

Mourinho : "Mata will stay at Chelsea"- Mata was sold aswell

After this I don't believe a word he says.

Come on Azul you know what's going on here as well as any of us. What else do we think a manager is going to say when his club is trying to maximise the transfer value of one of its players? What would shock us more, a manager telling this sort of fib, or one who was so foolish as to speak the truth in that situation?

Come on Azul you know what's going on here as well as any of us. What else do we think a manager is going to say when his club is trying to maximise the transfer value of one of its players? What would shock us more, a manager telling this sort of fib, or one who was so foolish as to speak the truth?

I agree with you 100% but that doesn't change the fact that he can lie about this situation aswell, maybe he wants our public image on youth to become better and thats it.

I agree with you 100% but that doesn't change the fact that he can lie about this situation aswell, maybe he wants our public image on youth to become better and thats it.

Yes, one could say that Jose might lie. I wouldn't however. For example, what Jose carelessly said about Nate Chalobah's first team chances at the end of the 2013/14 pre-season was not borne out. It could therefore be described as a lie but I don't see it that way. I felt Jose was trying to navigate the usual minefield of competing priorities and simply got his line wrong.

I watched a fair bit of Nate at Watford and was certain that he had received more praise for his efforts with them than he deserved. I also knew Jose had been at Wembley to watch Nate produce an absolute stinker for The Hornets in the play-off final. I would put it as strongly as to say I knew there was no chance of Nate making the Chelsea squad in the foreseeable future. Jose must have known this too but he clearly wanted to encourage the lad and to avoid discouraging the rest of the academy. What he did say can be seen as a lie but it can also be seen as an attempt to be minimise Nate's disappointment at being sent out on loan again.

In trying to do that Jose's comments went too far but, to be fair, he has learned from that episode and has spoken less forthrightly about academy prospects since. Yes, he's tried to encourage Nathan, Ruben and others, but none has been promised game time. I have one more point to make, and for me it's the most important one. I wonder if you agree...

I would love Chelsea to win the league, the FA Cup and The Champions' League on a regular basis. If Jose can accomplish that with a squad made up entirely of academy graduates then good, but if he does it using no academy graduates at all then what's the problem? People talk as if promoting lads from the development squads is an end in itself. It is not. The aim is to win, who plays in those wins is not of paramount importance.

Let's see how he perform in our preseason matches. If he is playing good but in the end loaned out in deadline day, Jose has lied. But if he is under perform and not yet ready, I can't fully blamed Mourinho if he loaned him next season.

Let's see how he perform in our preseason matches. If he is playing good but in the end loaned out in deadline day, Jose has lied. But if he is under perform and not yet ready, I can't fully blamed Mourinho if he loaned him next season.

if we wrap up the league in the next 2 games we'll probably be seeing him then.

I know we most likely won't be fielding a heavily-weakened side against Liverpool, but I do hope we at least give one youngster a chance to start and play full game - hopefully Ruben.

Too risky in my opinion. Why put a youngster in a high pressure game where he can lose confidence if he plays poorly? He'll get his chance next season in the Carling Cup if we're 5 up late.

If he doesn't get starts this season, we can forget about him playing for chelsea. Because he is supposed to take the premier league by storm next season according to the manager. He won't be trusted to do that , if he doesn't feature heavily in these comfortable fixtures.

If he doesn't get starts this season, we can forget about him playing for chelsea. Because he is supposed to take the premier league by storm next season according to the manager. He won't be trusted to do that , if he doesn't feature heavily in these comfortable fixtures.

I don't remember Jose saying that.