Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

So RDM just sent out a team with an average age of 22 to the Bernabeu in a CL knockout tie and they completely outplayed Real. Today's game just killed two birds in one stone for me.

1. "The Bundesliga is weak". No PL side atm could put in a performance like that. Wasn't too long ago Rodgers had Liverpool fans celebrating a 1 nil loss.

2. "Youngsters can't be trusted against good teams"

Sane who was one of Schalke's best players was only just playing U19 matches a few weeks ago. Loftus-Cheek did this to him in our game against Schalke

But apparently he isn't good enough to get more than garbage time minutes in a game.

The number of youngsters breaking through at big clubs in the 80's and 90's significantly dwarfs the current number. It will be incredibly stupid and naive to conclude that youngsters were better and more first team ready back then than now, what has changed is the ridiculous influx of cash flow and the insatiable appetite for spending and seeking quick fixes.

the money factor also puts added pressure on the club and managers to succeed due to the financial ramifications of not doing so. nowadays finishing in the top four to qualify for UCL is celebrated like a major achievement. Money is the biggest factor for me. The richer the club, the less inclined they are to bringing through young players from the academy and it's wrong.

There's no excuse for any top club to not use some youngsters in the less glamorous cup competitions though. atleast 2 youth players should be getting good minutes in the COC and FA cup.

Jose values trust over everything. And he just can't trust a youth player. The dude would have to be absolute world class for Jose to give him a chance.

Don't think this is a choice either, that's just Jose's mindset. Don't expect it to change anytime soon. Just hope we end up playing a few dead rubber matches where these youngsters are able to play and earn Jose's trust.

And we lost 4-2 to a league one side, Bradford at home i,e we are absolutely dogshit, right? . we can play this game all week.

That you need to ask to the person that is saying Schalke and german teams are increadible because they won 4-3 in the Bernabeu. It's a great question to do to him...

That you need to ask to the person that is saying Schalke and german teams are increadible because they won 4-3 in the Bernabeu. It's a great question to do to him...

The Bundesliga has outperformed the premier league in europe over the last 3 seasons, so yes, The bundesliga is one of europe's great leagues and their representatives are high quality teams.

That's besides the point anyway. Gilvorak's point was that the myth that "youngsters cannot hang with the big boys" was once again busted last night by schalke who went to the home of the defending champions and outplayed them with a team containing a few youngsters. Let's use our very own Zouma, who busted the myth as well, as an example, if he wasn't given proper minutes to showcase what he's capable of, the general consensus would have predictably been "He's only 20, He's not ready yet, let's ship him out on loan once again" Heck some fans think playing a youngster against relegation and midtable premier league teams is suicidal and will definitely result in a catastrophic result of epic proportions :rolleyes: nevermind the European champions

The Bundesliga has outperformed the premier league in europe over the last 3 seasons, so yes, The bundesliga is one of europe's great leagues and their representatives are high quality teams.

That's besides the point anyway. Gilvorak's point was that the myth that "youngsters cannot hang with the big boys" was once again busted last night by schalke who went to the home of the defending champions and outplayed them with a team containing a few youngsters. Let's use our very own Zouma, who busted the myth as well, as an example, if he wasn't given proper minutes to showcase what he's capable of, the general consensus would have predictably been "He's only 20, He's not ready yet, let's ship him out on loan once again" Heck some fans think playing a youngster against relegation and midtable premier league teams is suicidal and will definitely result in a catastrophic result of epic proportions :rolleyes: nevermind the European champions

Yes and we can't win with a team that costed less than 30M€... Porto of Mourinho busted that when they won the CHampions League... let's sell all our players and buy players plyers from Paços de Ferreira and União de Leiria.

You can always see something to moan about... I can see the Inter of Mourinho and say it's easier to win with players with a lot of experience, I can see Porto and say it's posible to win the CHampions League with a team that cost a lot less than the best player of Madrid at that time (FIgo), it's possible to win with almost all players coming from from la Masia, It's posible to win with the most epansive team in history like Real Madrid last season, it's possible to win with Bradford in Stamford Bridge, it's possible to win with Greece in a Euro... it's possible...

Everything it's possible... the probability of that happening it's not the same...

It makes no sense to talk about Schalke like they were something increadible when we won 0-5 against them 2 or 3 months ago... I'm sorry.

Let's take another example... Shaw is playing like shit for United... so that means all english players are shit and we should't give any chance to any young english player. It's really easy to make conclusions like you do...

Yes and we can't win with a team that costed less than 30M... Porto of Mourinho busted that when they won the CHampions League... let's sell all our players and buy players plyers from Paços de Ferreira and União de Leiria.

You can always see something to moan about... I can see the Inter of Mourinho and say it's easier to win with players with a lot of experience, I can see Porto and say it's posible to win the CHampions League with a team that cost a lot less than the best player of Madrid at that time (FIgo), it's possible to win with almost all players coming from from la Masia, It's posible to win with the most epansive team in history like Real Madrid last season, it's possible to win with Bradford in Stamford Bridge, it's possible to win with Greece in a Euro... it's possible...

Everything it's possible... the probability of that happening it's not the same...

It makes no sense to talk about Schalke like they were something increadible when we won 0-5 against them 2 or 3 months ago... I'm sorry.

Let's take another example... Shaw is playing like shit for United... so that means all english players are shit and we should't give any chance to any young english player. It's really easy to make conclusions like you do...

Everything is possible and everything is risky in football. Proven world class players flop and untested youngsters flourish however there's no way of knowing what will work and which players will shine unless you actually try and jose has history of not trying enough or taking enough risk in this regard nd it seems some fans share similar mentality. Rodgers had no way of knowing sterling would be a success for sure, one can only go off instinct and initial judgement, but he tried anyway and it paid off. The question is are we trying enough?

Just give him a chance.I am tired of seeing first team players like Oscar,Willian,Mikel and Ramires get one chance by another and still manage to perform shit,while players like RLC do not get one chance to show what they are capable of.

No,I am not saying that RLC should have played today,but I am sure that the physical presence of RLC is more threatening than Ramires.

He could have had a lot more minutes,but Mou does not know how to integrate youth players into the team,so it is hard to see youth players getting chances.

We all knew that the physical presence of PSG was a threat,but still we played Ramires,Oscar and Fabregas,which made it too easy for PSG to control the midfield.Matic is not a superhuman who can destroy Veratti,Motta and Matuidi by himself.That is not possible.

I still remember the day when RLC destroyed Lord Yaya lol

PSG brought on Rabiot in 81 minute, when they needed a goal. At the end he helped them to go through after he let himself foul so many times in the last minutes.

Because they know, what is obvious, that Rabiot is already a player, already has a certain skillset, has his technique, has his physique, has his advantages and weaknesses. He is already a player. That's fantastic that despite fighting for qualification and having so much money they trusted their youngster to qualify.

Imagine now that Mourinho would have done, imagine for a moment ...

You can't ? Neither do I.

For Mourinho Rabiot wouldn't be a player. He would call him a kid and said that he isn't "stable in his emotions" (lol) like he often does. In his eyes Rabiot wouldn't have his strengths and weaknesses, because he's a kid ...

It's sad. But well done PSG.

PSG brought on Rabiot in 81 minute, when they needed a goal. At the end he helped them to go through after he let himself foul so many times in the last minutes.

Because they know, what is obvious, that Rabiot is already a player, already has a certain skillset, has his technique, has his physique, has his advantages and weaknesses. He is already a player. That's fantastic that despite fighting for qualification and having so much money they trusted their youngster to qualify.

Imagine now that Mourinho would have done, imagine for a moment ...

You can't ? Neither do I.

For Mourinho Rabiot wouldn't be a player. He would call him a kid and said that he isn't "stable in his emotions" (lol) like he often does. In his eyes Rabiot wouldn't have his strengths and weaknesses, because he's a kid ...

It's sad. But well done PSG.

Kid? more like a very tiny little pony/horse

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is more like Matic or more like Ramires / offensive midfielder?.

I'm not sure. To me Ruben Loftus-Cheek is more like Matic (relatively speaking) for his physical resemblance, for his quality and his movements in the pitch. But I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek has better ability to distribute the ball.

Instead, I have read several comments from friends of this forum who say Ruben it's not like Matic and their characteristics are more similar to Ramires or offensive midfielder.

What do you think about Ruben Loftus-Cheek?

He is more like Matic?

Or he is more like Ramires?

With another player you would compare him?

I think both Ruben and Nathan Ake must have their chance in our remaining matches to finish the season.

Ake has now been a year and half training with Jose, and Loftus-Cheek is practically all season training with Jose. I think his time has come. We have a favorable situation in Premier League, and, perhaps, bet now in both can give us one or two great players for our future.

You would bet on Nathan Ake or Ruben Loftus-Cheek this season?

Which one should be our main bet: Nathan Ake or Ruben Loftus-Cheek ?.

Maybe soon we may be talking about Nathan Ake or Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the same way we do now with Kurt Zouma.

I hope your comments.

Regards to ALL.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is more like Matic or more like Ramires / offensive midfielder?.

I'm not sure. To me Ruben Loftus-Cheek is more like Matic (relatively speaking) for his physical resemblance, for his quality and his movements in the pitch. But I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek has better ability to distribute the ball.

Instead, I have read several comments from friends of this forum who say Ruben it's not like Matic and their characteristics are more similar to Ramires or offensive midfielder.

What do you think about Ruben Loftus-Cheek?

He is more like Matic?

Or he is more like Ramires?

With another player you would compare him?

I think both Ruben and Nathan Ake must have their chance in our remaining matches to finish the season.

Ake has now been a year and half training with Jose, and Loftus-Cheek is practically all season training with Jose. I think his time has come. We have a favorable situation in Premier League, and, perhaps, bet now in both can give us one or two great players for our future.

You would bet on Nathan Ake or Ruben Loftus-Cheek this season?

Which one should be our main bet: Nathan Ake or Ruben Loftus-Cheek ?.

Maybe soon we may be talking about Nathan Ake or Ruben Loftus-Cheek in the same way we do now with Kurt Zouma.

I hope your comments.

Regards to ALL.

RLC is a Yaya Toure/Pogba type B2B player. Powerful, technical player in the middle of the park.

Raibot is one of France best talent and france is completely different than england in terms of talent now.

France has always been strong in the cm department and raibot is contuining the tradition.