Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

It is not less difficult. Well Germany, yes and Italy as well. In Spain, Atletico, are competing with arguably the two best teams in the world and bring through their products. Saul Niguez came on for them against Real a few weeks ago and scored an overhead kick IIRC and they won 4-0. They gave him a chance in a game they needed to win and the 'risk' paid off.

Yes it is less difficult and Atletico are a poor example, they are a great team. So in La Liga its now a three team league instead of two, that doesn't mean its not an easy league. And wasn't Niguez a substitution for Koke against a depleted Real Madrid? Come on...

Chelsea every week are facing difficult teams and are trying extremely hard to win every game, the time for integrating untested youth is when the games are again meaningless. Unless of course the managers hand is forced and a youth player is needed to fill a hole.

We are competing at a very high level and

For the people screaming out for youth to play, have we been obliterating teams? In my estimation the games have been uncomfortable for the most part with a goal here and there, especially lately! So how does playing youth players during these circumstances make sense?

Late reply but the Zouma example is not even close to the same thing. Believe it or not Zouma already had 73 pro games under his belt prior to this season. How about we stop pretending he's in the same boat as RLC, Solanke etc?

I think either I have not explained myself well enough or you have not quite grasped my point. Almost certainly the former I'm sure. :)

I'm not arguing that Zouma is similar to other members except in one way way. I'm trying to describe my point of view that Kurt gets games for one reason, and one reason, only. This is simply that sometimes Jose feels the young man is the best player available to occupy one of the centre back roles. Kurt doesn't get the shirt because he is old, or young; because he's a record signing, or a free transfer. When he gets the nod it's because, in TSO's opinion, he is the best man available for that job, on that day. The same has been true for Nathan Ake on one occasion.

That, I think you and I would agree, is Jose's modus operandi. Selection on merit only and, in judging that merit, his is the only opinion that counts. Calling for young players to get special treatment is always going to be a vain pursuit with our boss. Youngsters may get dead minutes at the end of a game, or the end of the season, but when it comes to getting live minutes they simply have to make Jose believe they are the best. Zouma has done that, Christiansen, for example, has not.

Some people consider Jose's M.O. to be a fault but we've all seen Zouma and we've all seen Christiansen. Do any of us seriously doubt that one player looks ready and the other does not? I say again, with Jose, it's not about how old you are, it's about how convinced he is that you can help the team. If you want minutes don't just hold out your birth certificate and hope, make the boss believe.

Back more rigidly on topic:

It's great to see Boga on the bench for tonight's 19s game with Zenit but I'm disappointed that RLC is not involved. In one way it's good news because it suggests that he'll be on the bench at Wembley and that Jose is not willing to risk him tonight. On the other hand, I'd have thought he could do with some game time since I don't believe he has played at any level for several weeks.

Also, I really want to progress at least one more round in the EYL so I'd have been happier if we selected our top side available.

Are people really still peddling this Premier League is difficult myth especially after the last 2 weeks? It's an average League that's gone downhill since the late 2000's.

Both La Liga and the Bundesliga are easily superior.

No it hasn't its actually gotten a lot stiffer. Gruelling Christmas period after a World Cup year is what we're seeing. The style of play isn't the greatest but it gives every team a chance to compete.

Don't look to Europe and draw conclusions about the prem. When everybody else is off bathing in the sun, the English clubs are enduring the most exhausting portion of football imaginable. I don't know why this is so often overlooked

There is no midseason recharge its go and go harder when your knackered and then go again.

No it hasn't its actually gotten a lot stiffer. Gruelling Christmas period after a World Cup year is what we're seeing. The style of play isn't the greatest but it gives every team a chance to compete.

Don't look to Europe and draw conclusions about the prem. When everybody else is off bathing in the sun, the English clubs are enduring the most exhausting portion of football imaginable. I don't know why this is so often overlooked

There is no midseason recharge its go and go harder when your knackered and then go again.

All I hear are excuses.

It's an average League now. Not only has the quality worsened with pretty much every team but tactically it's far worse than it was during that era.

Im not saying the league is the equivalent or eredovisie or anything but the more I see more youngsters like ibe,kane,sterling et al fitting in seamlessly, the more I believe

the idea the leap for talented youngsters being such a difficult and almost impossibe transition is blown out of proportion and overrated. If those youngsters can make it, there's nothing to suggest our best youngsters,who have dominated the youth league domestically and in europe can't make it. Whats so special about the bloody league that would make players like rlc and boga struggle?

All I hear are excuses.

It's an average League now. Not only has the quality worsened with pretty much every team but tactically it's far worse than it was during that era.

Nonsense. It's the most balanced league in the world and this is why it is the hardest to win. Teams from the middle table raised their game in recent years and it's not unexpected when you realise that Swansea earned last year more than double the money that Bayern Munchen earned from tv rights. And it's only going to get even more competitive with the new deal soon.

So please tell me, how do you define average? You can't just baptise a league average because it's top teams aren't doing well in Europe. It's very demanding, lots of games and no rest since Summer.

Even Bayern drew away at Shakhtar and to think that they have had their Christmas break and they are dealing with zero pressure domestically.

http://talksport.com/football/he-will-be-big-surprise-mourinho-hails-chelsea-teen-sensation-150305138608#JGwSTapB4ZyVGSlh.99

Mourinho on RLC.

He said: “I had Ruben Loftus-Cheek on the bench and I have to say that, in my opinion, next year, this kid will be a big surprise in the Premier League

“This season, if I was not playing for the title and we were not playing with the pressure we have, this kid would already be on the pitch.”

I feel Ake is more ready. But RLC and Ake are different midfieldplayers. Ake is a DM, while RLC is a CM not a DM.

I think Mou played Zouma instead of Ake because of his a physically. RLC is not a DM so couldn't really play that role especially given the profile of the games.

I feel Ake should/should have been given few a apps even as a sub. I rate him very highly. He is tactically mature, good tackling, has energy.

http://talksport.com/football/he-will-be-big-surprise-mourinho-hails-chelsea-teen-sensation-150305138608#JGwSTapB4ZyVGSlh.99

Mourinho on RLC.

He said: “I had Ruben Loftus-Cheek on the bench and I have to say that, in my opinion, next year, this kid will be a big surprise in the Premier League

“This season, if I was not playing for the title and we were not playing with the pressure we have, this kid would already be on the pitch.”

I feel Ake is more ready. But RLC and Ake are different midfieldplayers. Ake is a DM, while RLC is a CM not a DM.

I think Mou played Zouma instead of Ake because of his a physically. RLC is not a DM so couldn't really play that role especially given the profile of the games.

I feel Ake should/should have been given few a apps even as a sub. I rate him very highly. He is tactically mature, good tackling, has energy.

He pretty much said the same things about Chalobah in 2013. He said Nate would go on loan for one season then return to Chelsea.

I'd love to see RLC playing regularly for Chelsea but the last youth player Mourinho built into the team was Santon at Inter.. José lies all the time :D

He pretty much said the same things about Chalobah in 2013. He said Nate would go on loan for one season then return to Chelsea.

I'd love to see RLC playing regularly for Chelsea but the last youth player Mourinho built into the team was Santon at Inter.. José lies all the time :D

Mourinho was the one that brought Morata, Nacho and José Rodriguez (3 examples that had "a lot" of playing time under Mourinho, Mourinho played a lot of players from Castilla) to the first team of Real Madrid.

This guy seems to have a lot of quality but also increadible physical attributes, I think Mourinho will give him a chance for sure. When we have players with this quality but also so tall and strong I think we shoudn't have many doubts on giving them chances. It's a great plus to have a CM, winger, number 10 strong like he is (even if in that positions it's not so importat the physical aspect when compared with LB, CM, DM or ST).

Mourinho was the one that brought Morata, Nacho and José Rodriguez (3 examples that had "a lot" of playing time under Mourinho, Mourinho played more than 20 different players of Castilla) to the first team of Real Madrid.

We are talking about becoming a regular member of the team, not getting a few minutes.

José was managing Real Madrid for three seasons. Jesé only played twice, Morata and Nacho made about 20 appearances during that period. This is far from being a regular IMO.

I hope RLC's gonna make it here but I think it's understandable that I'm a little sceptical.

We are talking about becoming a regular member of the team, not getting a few minutes.

José was managing Real Madrid for three seasons. Jesé only played twice, Morata and Nacho made about 20 appearances during that period. This is far from being a regular IMO.

I hope RLC's gonna make it here but I think it's understandable that I'm a little sceptical.

I don't know how you want a 18/19 year old to be a "regular" in a team that has Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ozil, etc. Morata started 7 games for MAdrid and was used in another 8 games, at the same time that he was used in Castilla.

Nacho in 2012/2013 started 9 games and played in another 4 games (and also played for Castilla at the same time), when he had the competition of Pepe, Varane, Ramos, COentrao and Marcelo.

Both had a really good amount of game time

That are realy good numbers for those kids. I thik Morata started for example the game in the Bernnabeu against Barcelona that Madrid won 2-1 in that season and Madrid rested some players for the CHampions League.

I don't know how you want a 18/19 year old to be a "regular" in a team that has Higuain, Benzema, Ronaldo, Di Maria, Ozil, etc.

That's exactly why I can't see RLC playing for Chelsea regularly. We have Matic, Fábregas, Ramires and Obi, four great and experienced player.