Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

I absolutely agree, but arguably our biggest game of the season so far most certainly isn't the one.

Yes,usually the Carling and FA Cup are the games that are the best to see if RLC is ready,but we are already out of the FA Cup and giving him a chance against Tottenham in the CC final is too risky,even though I prefer him over Oscar any day because in the big games.Oscar tends to play bad,so a good tackler is never a bad option to bring on.

RLC needs to get at least one PL game this year.Let´s be honest.You can´t play any worse than Oscar did.

Helping the team?Did he even have one ball contact?lol

That's not the point. He was trusted by the manager to go out there and assist in keeping hold of the advantage in the title race - that's how he will see it.

If I were him I would be honored to just be picked for the bench (despite the injury situation) let a lone getting subbed on in probably our biggest game of the season, I would think he feels the same. Hopefully he can get some minutes before the end of the season.

Surprised no one noticed that Brown and Loftus-Cheek are full time squad members right now.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/02/more-academy-graduates-in-first-team-squad.html

That doesn´t mean anything.Baker was also a full time squad member,but he still did not get even one chance.

This kid has incredible ceiling, more so than any other youth player we've had since Terry. I understand the pessimism, but to be so down on a 19 year old world class prospect is baffling.

I love RLC and confess that my hopes are up that he will make it but the penny needs to drop with him. He does not impact games in the way he should, at least not often enough. There has been some improvement but he still has a tendency to be brilliant when the game comes to him, but to then stroll about waiting for it to drift back to him again. I want to see Ruben being more proactive, busier, dominating football matches in the way I think that he has the ability to do.

This has been my feeling since before he played against City in the States and I'm a little sad that this still needs to be talked about. Sad because I want this lad to make it. In that regard, I think it's good news that Jose has taken him more under his wing and I was intrigued by what TSO had to say after the Sporting game. The comment about hoping the people around Ruben would allow the coaching staff to do their work and help Ruben's development suggested both that Jose has identified the problem which has been holding RLC back, and the cure.

If Jose can get into Ruben's head the young man will have a heck of a career and we'll have a heck of a player. A good outcome is far from certain though. If Ruben continues to play as he has been doing he isn't going to make it.

Edit: There was a typo in the bit in bold., it originally said is. Slight change in meaning! :)