Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

I was very impressed with the debut of Ruben Loftus-Cheek last Wednesday December 10 in the match against Sporting Lisbon at home. I have not seen many players who in his debut in the first team and they play with so much personality, intelligence and maturity as did Ruben Loftus-Cheek. I know it was only a few minutes (I think Jose was very intelligent making him debut in a situation without pressure) but I think if we take care of Ruben Loftus-Cheek we can have a player for many years. And I've seen in summaries at the Academy and I am totally convinced that their performance is like a player with a secure future. He reminded me in actiud of Raphael Varane in Real Madrid. Hopefully it in the future like Varane.

I've time thinking about the great players we have in the Academy, and that we have on loan, and players like Zouma. I do not know exactly how are the relationships between Chelsea and Middlesbrough and English culture relative to loan players, but I think it would be important to have an agreement of cooperation with Middlesbrough if they get up to Premier League this year. His coach is Aitor Karanka and he was the assistant of Jose in Real Madrid and learned much from Jose as in his day he did with Sir Bobby Robson in Barcelona. Karanka often said that apply to their workouts and their team dynamics he learned from Mourinho. I think it would be important for our young players get a collaboration with Middlesbrough for the loan of young players so they can have minutes in the Premier League with a coach who has a similar philosophy to that of Jose Mourinho. Moreover, Jose could meet its progression from first hand thanks to its good relationship with Aitor Karanka. In fact we have on loan to Kenneth Omeruo, Jamal Blackman and Patrick Bamford in Middelesbrough.

I know this topic is about Ruben Loftus-Cheek and that still only 18 years old so I think he should continue in the Academy and training with Mourinho at least two years more to learn more, but I think it would be interesting to consider this option for our young players like Zouma (for example) that has great quality but hardly going to play regularly in the first team now mainly because Chelsea is in an incredible level now. Also Middlesbrough is not a direct rival for the title, so there would suppose a risk for us.

I hope your comments. I believe this agreement could be very good for Chelsea.

I was very impressed with the debut of Ruben Loftus-Cheek last Wednesday December 10 in the match against Sporting Lisbon at home. I have not seen many players who in his debut in the first team and they play with so much personality, intelligence and maturity as did Ruben Loftus-Cheek. I know it was only a few minutes (I think Jose was very intelligent making him debut in a situation without pressure) but I think if we take care of Ruben Loftus-Cheek we can have a player for many years. And I've seen in summaries at the Academy and I am totally convinced that their performance is like a player with a secure future. He reminded me in actiud of Raphael Varane in Real Madrid. Hopefully it in the future like Varane.

I've time thinking about the great players we have in the Academy, and that we have on loan, and players like Zouma. I do not know exactly how are the relationships between Chelsea and Middlesbrough and English culture relative to loan players, but I think it would be important to have an agreement of cooperation with Middlesbrough if they get up to Premier League this year. His coach is Aitor Karanka and he was the assistant of Jose in Real Madrid and learned much from Jose as in his day he did with Sir Bobby Robson in Barcelona. Karanka often said that apply to their workouts and their team dynamics he learned from Mourinho. I think it would be important for our young players get a collaboration with Middlesbrough for the loan of young players so they can have minutes in the Premier League with a coach who has a similar philosophy to that of Jose Mourinho. Moreover, Jose could meet its progression from first hand thanks to its good relationship with Aitor Karanka. In fact we have on loan to Kenneth Omeruo, Jamal Blackman and Patrick Bamford in Middelesbrough.

I know this topic is about Ruben Loftus-Cheek and that still only 18 years old so I think he should continue in the Academy and training with Mourinho at least two years more to learn more, but I think it would be interesting to consider this option for our young players like Zouma (for example) that has great quality but hardly going to play regularly in the first team now mainly because Chelsea is in an incredible level now. Also Middlesbrough is not a direct rival for the title, so there would suppose a risk for us.

I hope your comments. I believe this agreement could be very good for Chelsea.

There already seems to be an agreement with Middlesbrough in place (albeit unofficially), but if they were to get promoted Premier League rules dictate that only one player can be loaned from a particular club.

Loftus-Cheek is the most physically mature of all the young players - he is the same size as Matic which is ridiculous - so he seems to have a better chance under Jose than some most of the others. Tactically and technically he needs to keep developing because he has the power and strength to compete at this level.

There already seems to be an agreement with Middlesbrough in place (albeit unofficially), but if they were to get promoted Premier League rules dictate that only one player can be loaned from a particular club.

Loftus-Cheek is the most physically mature of all the young players - he is the same size as Matic which is ridiculous - so he seems to have a better chance under Jose than some most of the others. Tactically and technically he needs to keep developing because he has the power and strength to compete at this level.

Totally agree. Ruben has to stay at The Academy and training every days whith Mourinho at the the first team every day. He has a maturity that seems incredible that only has 18 years. He is maybe he the best star proyect that we have now in The Academy. Jose sure he know how to take care to him and little by little Ruben Loftus-Cheek will be a top player.

In a year or two, have him as the backup of Matic whilst Ake would be the backup of Cesc. The perfect way to implement these youngsters is to put them on the bench when the superstars are on the pitch. Surely, for the championship its important to have world-class bench but it also kills the natural ascent of the kids in the squad's hierarchy. These kids got the talent to quite easily replace the Obi Mikels and Ramiresses (both will be sold in the summer I reckon).

In a year or two, have him as the backup of Matic whilst Ake would be the backup of Cesc. The perfect way to implement these youngsters is to put them on the bench when the superstars are on the pitch. Surely, for the championship its important to have world-class bench but it also kills the natural ascent of the kids in the squad's hierarchy. These kids got the talent to quite easily replace the Obi Mikels and Ramiresses (both will be sold in the summer I reckon).

The last time we tried the replace expierence with kids thing it set us back years.

The club won't be taking that risk again any time soon.

The last time we tried the replace expierence with kids thing it set us back years.

It is true. It can be dangerous for us to focus on a planning team players only focus on The Academy or young boys. But players like Courtois we have to set an example for young players policy.

We signed Courtois when he was 19 years old and after three years on loan at Atletico de Madrid we have recovered to our team the best goalkeeper in the world.

Matic was signed when he was 21, he was loaned to Vittese and then became part of signing David Luiz until we recover him in 2014 and now is the best midfielder in the world (a total player).

Both Courtois as Matic are our future and continue with a similar policy has to be the way.

Currently it is very difficult for a child get the Chelsea first team and play regularly every game because Chelsea is one of the best teams in the world and only TOP players who have the necessary quality and winning mentality will be able to go out and play in the first team (I think Ruben Loftus-Cheek has these features). But while we can continue with the same policy that has made players like Courtois or other players TOP Matic for our team. If all the good young players we have in 3 years we have gotten three other young players start playing every game on our team as has happened with Courtois and Matic I think our policy with young players will have been a resounding success.

If we demand that young people play immediately in the first team that pressure could sink his career. Go step is best for young players.

He and Ake deserve a few more minutes than they are getting. Obviously not when the team is losing 5-3 against Twattenham but if the team is beating Generic Mid-Table team 3-0 with 20mins left, they should see some action.

Would be ideal if we ever make matches easy, and that rarely happens. José is too paranoid about losing to put youth on and I understand that completely.

On the experience over kids bit, Ramires has been with us for years and he's still shit, as has Mikel, why not try the young kids at least from the bench rather than stall them just for the sake of some minor paranoia?

Loftus Cheek has to get experience to have experience, unless we want to lock him away into the Ch'shp forever, of course.

On the experience over kids bit, Ramires has been with us for years and he's still shit, as has Mikel, why not try the young kids at least from the bench rather than stall them just for the sake of some minor paranoia?

Loftus Cheek has to get experience to have experience, unless we want to lock him away into the Ch'shp forever, of course.

The last time we tried the "ditch expierence for youth" project it resulted in us getting into such a mess that we still haven't fully recovered from.

Ramires had some very good seasons here. 11/12 and 12/13 especially, always great in the big games,would be fantastic if he gets back to this kind of form.

Ramires had some very good seasons here. 11/12 and 12/13 especially, always great in the big games,would be fantastic if he gets back to this kind of form.

Not in my eyes. If it's true that Juve want him, we should use him as leverage and get Pogba.

I wouldn't say it's a lack of balls to be fair to him. I just don't think he really cares about it at all, and certainly not in the way we or the club want him to.

I agree to a certain extent but the more I see him make absolute big deals out of handing youngsters rare playing time and referring to 22/23 year old int'ls as spring chicken and little horses leads me to believe he has distrust for young and unestablished players. It's all in the tone and action. In his mind he feels as though playing a youth automatically puts us at a disadvantage and limits our chances of winning matches. To me it's a combination of general distrust of youngsters (aka lack of balls) and lackadastical attitude that you alluded to.

And if he persists with cahill over Zouma in coming matches it will further highlight that distrust. Therefore he would rather trust an average but proven defender that has been in awful form recently and for majority if the season over a young, highly promising but unproven defender that has shown great form recently.